PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Geier Needs to be Fired Also

07-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Jerry was a good major because he didn't upset the apple cart in Orlando. He had an easy going Captain who is a pleasure to work with.

However, his ego got the best of him. His desire for the title caused him to move his family for the untenable position of "Chief". Those around him told him the life expectancy of past chiefs was 1-2 years. He was also told not to make enemies since he would soon be looking again for a job.

He failed to listen to the advice of those who tried to help him. Even worse, in an attempt to gain favor with the now former directorm he stabbed these same people in the back.

While he may have dreams of grandeur, becoming Director, they much like his current position at ABT, will soon end.

Even worse, he has given himself a black eye by the way he has treated the staff at ABT with contempt. Many ABT employees know command staff at other departments and will black ball him every chance they get.

This is the story of a man that was blinded by ego and greed and is now standing alone on the edge of his career.

07-20-2008, 09:19 PM
He was the same way at the SO. He hasn't changed...

07-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Jerry was a good major because he didn't upset the apple cart in Orlando. He had an easy going Captain who is a pleasure to work with.

However, his ego got the best of him. His desire for the title caused him to move his family for the untenable position of "Chief". Those around him told him the life expectancy of past chiefs was 1-2 years. He was also told not to make enemies since he would soon be looking again for a job.

He failed to listen to the advice of those who tried to help him. Even worse, in an attempt to gain favor with the now former directorm he stabbed these same people in the back.

While he may have dreams of grandeur, becoming Director, they much like his current position at ABT, will soon end.

Even worse, he has given himself a black eye by the way he has treated the staff at ABT with contempt. Many ABT employees know command staff at other departments and will black ball him every chance they get.

This is the story of a man that was blinded by ego and greed and is now standing alone on the edge of his career.

Who was fired before Geier? You did use the word also.

07-20-2008, 11:39 PM

Who was fired before Geier? You did use the word also.

The think the "fired also" is a reference to previous chiefs_

07-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Word is CH was told to retire, or else.

07-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Word is CH was told to retire, or else.

Or else what? They'd find her another husband?

07-21-2008, 12:56 AM
The "also" refers to CH.

I didn't think anyone still believed her "retirement" story.

P.S. There's also no such thing as the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus

07-21-2008, 03:53 AM
Well, for what it's worth and that may not be much, I liked this administration to a degree. They weren't Dr. Hugyournuts or the Wildabeast. Those two were the ultimate disaster for sure. CH and JG may not have been the best but it has been somewhat calm for a while now. With that said, I am speaking from the standpoint of my district and not statewide so don't hate on me for only knowing what is going on in my little corner. If others have problems, then I respect that and understand you hate and disdain. I will say the dumbest thing they did do was redistricting the state to accomodate one tyranical asswipe. Just glad he's not my major anymore.

07-21-2008, 04:57 AM
Well, for what it's worth and that may not be much, I liked this administration to a degree. They weren't Dr. Hugyournuts or the Wildabeast. Those two were the ultimate disaster for sure. CH and JG may not have been the best but it has been somewhat calm for a while now. With that said, I am speaking from the standpoint of my district and not statewide so don't hate on me for only knowing what is going on in my little corner. If others have problems, then I respect that and understand you hate and disdain. I will say the dumbest thing they did do was redistricting the state to accomodate one tyranical asswipe. Just glad he's not my major anymore.

You mean Major Misory in Jacksonville? Least professional, and last to be hired in at highest level by Dr. Hugyournuts and Wildabeast. Truly he is a disaster, proves the danger of hiring from outside. He a liar and doesn't have any of the experience that he constantly lies about (we have friends in law enforcement where he worked too and they say he never did any of the things he lied and said he did). No idea what ABT does and too busy talkin' to learn a damn thing. Don't know how much more Major Misory Jacksonville can stand.

07-21-2008, 11:32 AM

Upset the Apple Cart?! How could he? He rarely showed!

07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Do he still work here?!

07-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah he do.

07-24-2008, 05:24 PM
njerry is in the final round for Ft Myers. He deserves it...

07-24-2008, 08:14 PM
We hope he gets it and takes his girlfriend with him!

07-24-2008, 10:27 PM

Deserves what?! You mean he actually made the decision to apply?! Good for him and great for us!

07-25-2008, 12:15 AM
I have a question. Has the fat lady sung yet?

07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
You can stick a fork in jerry cause he's done.

07-25-2008, 04:50 AM
Just remember that we also just had another sworn Director. The problem with that is if a Chief has one idea, and the Director doesn't like it, guess who wins? I don't know him, but CH was micro-managing as hell. She was in everybody's business, and interfered at every opportunity.

Whether he stays or goes, he'll be around as the A/Director until a new one is appointed. In that time, I hope he will be able to accomplish what he wanted; with CH gone, I think it's a good time for it. And if that's the case, I wouldn't mind him as Director...granted he gets thing done.

07-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Just remember that we also just had another sworn Director. The problem with that is if a Chief has one idea, and the Director doesn't like it, guess who wins? I don't know him, but CH was micro-managing as hell. She was in everybody's business, and interfered at every opportunity.

Whether he stays or goes, he'll be around as the A/Director until a new one is appointed. In that time, I hope he will be able to accomplish what he wanted; with CH gone, I think it's a good time for it. And if that's the case, I wouldn't mind him as Director...granted he gets thing done.

Word is that since Col. PHD Hougland had his way with this place and left it bleeding and in need of life support, he also changed the position description for the Director's position so that it now requires a sworn person. Another huge Col PHD screwup. Directors don't need to be sworn, and ABT is better off without a sworn Director. Sworn Directors, recent history shows, totally micromanage the ABT Chief and reduce him (Geier)/her/it(Becklley) to being just a bobblehead.

07-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Word is that since Col. PHD Hougland had his way with this place and left it bleeding and in need of life support, he also changed the position description for the Director's position so that it now requires a sworn person. Another huge Col PHD screwup. Directors don't need to be sworn, and ABT is better off without a sworn Director. Sworn Directors, recent history shows, totally micromanage the ABT Chief and reduce him (Geier)/her/it(Becklley) to being just a bobblehead.

If that's true, then the wording can simply be changed to non-sworn...seems to me that should be up to the DepSec...let him decide

07-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I have a question. Has the fat lady sung yet?

What makes you think Oswannie can sing?

07-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't know why this isn't covered in Basic Agent School and reinforced in Advanced Beverage, but here are the facts. And remember this hasn't changed since 1969:

It doesn't matter who the chief is. It doesn't matter who the director is. The end result will always be the same. The INDUSTRY decides who runs the show. The INDUSTRY gives a name to the governor and that person becomes the secretary. The secretary appoints friends (doesn't matter whose friends - governor, industry, political, fraternal.) No one below the secretary sets the course for the agency. It is what it is. To believe anything else is the delusional force that keeps dreams alive

07-25-2008, 07:37 PM
I don't know why this isn't covered in Basic Agent School and reinforced in Advanced Beverage, but here are the facts. And remember this hasn't changed since 1969:

It doesn't matter who the chief is. It doesn't matter who the director is. The end result will always be the same. The INDUSTRY decides who runs the show. The INDUSTRY gives a name to the governor and that person becomes the secretary. The secretary appoints friends (doesn't matter whose friends - governor, industry, political, fraternal.) No one below the secretary sets the course for the agency. It is what it is. To believe anything else is the delusional force that keeps dreams alive

Understood. However, the administration can still make internal changes that can make this a better work place. And those are things that the Industry won't give a rat's ass about.

07-25-2008, 08:13 PM

Understood. However, the administration can still make internal changes that can make this a better work place. And those are things that the Industry won't give a rat's ass about.

Your observation is mostly correct. Please take a look at the exchange below, from a great movie based on life at ABT:

Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime; so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.

Sure, Initech is a ficticious company, but their issues are the same as ours, when dealing with the political machine. The question is "Where is the Secretary's motivation to change ABT?"

This question has nothing to do with who the Secretary is. The question has everything to do with politics. Politics and law enforcement almost always have competing agendas. In the end, guess who wins?
Do the best job you can do. There will always be satisfaction in that approach.

07-25-2008, 09:32 PM
"Word is that since Col. PHD Hougland had his way with this place and left it bleeding and in need of life support, he also changed the position description for the Director's position so that it now requires a sworn person. Another huge Col PHD screwup."

Another lie from someone who obviously believes everything he/she hears and is totally clueless :twisted:

07-31-2008, 09:19 PM

Whoever posted this is as full of brown waste as the toilet, Ft. Myers has had over 100 applicants and no one has even made it pasted the first round to even interview yet. Please lets start keeping post to things you actually know what you are talking about. Then again, if that happened nothing would ever be said on here.

08-01-2008, 02:25 AM

Whoever posted this is as full of brown waste as the toilet, Ft. Myers has had over 100 applicants and no one has even made it pasted the first round to even interview yet. Please lets start keeping post to things you actually know what you are talking about. Then again, if that happened nothing would ever be said on here.

Ok jerrrry.