PDA

View Full Version : Whats so bad about MCSO?

07-20-2008, 03:16 AM
I see tons of complaints, but no details. What is it? If I want to apply there, hump my calls, and write some tickets, will I be able to do it assuming I stay out of the BS, backstabbing etc?

07-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I see tons of complaints, but no details. What is it? If I want to apply there, hump my calls, and write some tickets, will I be able to do it assuming I stay out of the BS, backstabbing etc?

If you are not concerned about making money it is a good dept. Lots of time off, ect. The agency pretty much forces you to take comp time instead of paid overtime. Limited off duty jobs and the Sherif has no B@LLS. And if you work for Key Largo or Islamorada districts, and you get a citizen complaint and you do not have video in your car (most do), then the admin will automatically believe the citizen first until you prove you did not do/say something. I have been there for 5 years and know first hand.

07-21-2008, 11:03 AM

If you are not concerned about making money it is a good dept. Lots of time off, ect. The agency pretty much forces you to take comp time instead of paid overtime. Limited off duty jobs and the Sheriff has no B@LLS. And if you work for Key Largo or Islamorada districts, and you get a citizen complaint and you do not have video in your car (most do), then the admin will automatically believe the citizen first until you prove you did not do/say something. I have been there for 5 years and know first hand.

10-18-2008, 02:26 AM
it is not that bad. Most have just not worked in other departments to realize every agency has issues.
It is more laid back than Miami --the weather is Beautiful..... as far as the stuff you read on this site....
not everyone feels that way. They will learn as they transfer and experience the issues other departments have. Fill our the pre-app on line at http://www.keysso.net and come on down!!! We would love to have you...
Ignore the disgruntled one that post on this www.

hapE2havAjob
10-18-2008, 12:55 PM
There is nothing significantly "wrong" with Monroe County S.O. Just like
every where there are cutbacks, no raises and disgruntled employees.
The grass is always greener on the other side.

Watch the news. BCSO is striking same complaints, they have a union not FOP.
They are picketing and protesting not venting on an obscure website. How adult.

What some of the new comers to MCSO don't realize in the 1990's
we went without raises and OMG we survived it... This is nation wide issue not restricted to Florida. The economy is in the crapper.

This is a low key place to live and work.
It is a relatively safe place to work and the majority of the people are happy here , and
know that things will get better.

So if you want a job apply.

The non whiners wish the disgruntled employees would just leave. In fact if its so bad why aren't they gone already? Maybe cause NO ONE is hiring right now, duh. Or they have to have experience to be hired somewhere else and our county gives them the opportunity to
gain the experience they need to get a job somewhere else.

I am glad to have a job that pays me , I have sick hours, vacation hours and a fat holiday
check and in case disgruntlers are aware these are benefits not previlige.

Don't worry Be Happy.

12-04-2008, 05:46 AM
I used to work for the Sheriff's Office. It wasn't a bad agency to work for. The main issue that I had was the money. I knew what I was getting into when I went down there, but I was not aware that they didn't pay over time and how limited they were on extra duty details. I left the S.O. and lateral to Miami and pretty much doubled my paycheck. Like I said though, it wasn't a bad agency. I just couldn't see myself doing that drive and not making money for the next 25 years.

12-10-2008, 01:33 AM
I AGREE WITH THE POST ABOVE. THE ONLY BAD :cry: THING I CAN REALLY SAY ABOUT MONROE COUNTY WAS THE HIGH COST OF LIVING AND THE POOR PAY.

01-15-2009, 04:36 AM
I was going to retire early from the Miami police department and join MSO until the recruiter told me what my begining salary was going to be and then shock set in. Lucky for me i was promoted and the drop program was extended for 7 years total so needless to say i stayed on for a while longer. If the pay would be increased i think that i could adjust. I know several of our guys went there after retirement and they enjoyed it.The slower pace is a good change for us that work the inner city war zones.Good Luck and stay safe.

01-31-2009, 10:21 PM
u have to work with a bunch of loser wanna be cop's.........

02-03-2009, 03:21 AM
I will say it again, I HATE TO WORK WITH LOSERS, ALL YOU WANNA BE COPS HERE AT MCSO

02-14-2009, 06:47 AM
I will say it again, I HATE TO WORK WITH LOSERS, ALL YOU WANNA BE COPS HERE AT MCSO
Why do you say that?
Why wanna be's, whyyyy?

02-14-2009, 07:11 AM
I was going to retire early from the Miami police department and join MSO until the recruiter told me what my begining salary was going to be and then shock set in. Lucky for me i was promoted and the drop program was extended for 7 years total so needless to say i stayed on for a while longer. If the pay would be increased i think that i could adjust. I know several of our guys went there after retirement and they enjoyed it.The slower pace is a good change for us that work the inner city war zones.Good Luck and stay safe.
Lt. Roman you say?
I think that I might have met you once, at the pizza place, down by US1 and S.W. 17 Ave. (Cazola's)
I introduced myself to you as a MCSO Deputy, and you were telling me how you wanted to come work for us, after you retired, and that you owned a boat and loved to fish.
Am I right?
No disrespect sir, but I beleive that you were a rather large man. not that there's anything wrong wuth that.
I just want to make sure that I have the right guy!

02-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Deputy Wallace , yes Lt. Roman is large amd in charge, haa haa haa.
But I seriously doubt that he will respond, or even acknowledge you on here.
The next time that you see him stuffing his fat pie hole.
Ask him why they call hin Flipper, LMFAO!