PDA

View Full Version : Any openings in Tampa

07-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Are there any openings in Tampa?

07-21-2008, 02:59 AM
Are there any openings in Tampa? THE BUDGET IS NOT GOOD, ALL THE BRASS CHARLIE HIRED IS STILL HERE. CHIEF WILL HAS BEEN TAKEN BY THEIR GOOD OLE BOY CON. WILL HAS NEVER BEEN IN THAT POSITION HE IS EASY PREY. WE HOPE HE WAKES UP BEFORE IT'S TO LATE. GET THE DEPT. BACK TO WHERE IT USED TO BE. WE HOPE AND PRAY IT WILL WORK OUT, DOESN'T LOOK GOOD SAD TO SAY NO OPEN SLOTS.

07-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Are there any openings in Tampa?

It might be hard, I dont think you are old enough yet.

07-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Chief Will, How did our budget get out of wack with all these Majors and Capt;s that were hired. They really know how to camouflage themselves, they are all yes men. The past matters. Trying to plan for a future without a sense of the past is like trying to plant cut flowers. They will never grow. This is a fact. Just trying to give some good advise. This dept. once was growing and it was the best. We all are influenced by people around us. Every action has consequences and we have to be very careful about leaping to conclusions from first impressions. Character and integrity do count in the long run. Remember we learn from the past. Hopefully you will. This is simply good advise. Good luck.

07-23-2008, 01:58 AM
Chief Will, How did our budget get out of wack with all these Majors and Capt;s that were hired. They really know how to camouflage themselves, they are all yes men. The past matters. Trying to plan for a future without a sense of the past is like trying to plant cut flowers. They will never grow. This is a fact. Just trying to give some good advise. This dept. once was growing and it was the best. We all are influenced by people around us. Every action has consequences and we have to be very careful about leaping to conclusions from first impressions. Character and integrity do count in the long run. Remember we learn from the past. Hopefully you will. This is simply good advise. Good luck.

What?? Is that what you call mumbo jumbo?

07-23-2008, 01:17 PM

What?? Is that what you call mumbo jumbo? You have to have a little education and common sense to understand the post. The metaphor used was clear for most people. Sorry you didn't understand it's purpose.

07-23-2008, 08:11 PM
As an employee of the Seminole Police Department and someone that has known the Chief for a few years I am writing this hoping that you read from this site. For the past 2 years the Seminole Police Department has been extremely stagnate. Very few decisions have been made if any to improve this department and the command staff that you are dealing with on a daily basis were the cause of this. I am hoping that you are going to make the correct decisions about who to keep and be very open minded about these decisions as they may affect everyones job here including your own. Some of the leaders of this department were rooting against your return and some others are only here to have their weekly play money and do not care about the tribal members or the cops that are working their zones. The problems with the department have been covered up by some of the command staff so they can keep making their fat paychecks. Chief I know that you are smart and wish only the best for the tribe. Please remember that right now that command staff will tell you just what you want to hear. Make the right decisons and help this department move forward. Even some of the ones that you trusted in the past may not be out for your best interests. Why not read the surveys that we all filled out about the department in your absence it should give you an idea about what was happening here. I believe that they were given to the command staff. If they do not have them ask the peer committee person from each reservation for a copy. Hopefully they will be able to get it to you.

On another extremely important note 2 officers in the State of Florida have been killed in the line of duty recently. We need you to fight for our benefits as they do not just help us but they also help protect our families. The fight for better benefits and retirement will not go unappreciated by your staff. I realize that it will be costly for the tribe but well worth the money and the effort. I am not attempting to exploit the deaths of those officers but it does show you what we may possibly have to deal with on a daily basis. Please fight the right fight for our benefits so when we go to work with a gun on our hip at least we know that our families will be taken care of. Thanks and good luck.

07-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Well said

07-24-2008, 07:11 PM
As an employee of the Seminole Police Department and someone that has known the Chief for a few years I am writing this hoping that you read from this site. For the past 2 years the Seminole Police Department has been extremely stagnate. Very few decisions have been made if any to improve this department and the command staff that you are dealing with on a daily basis were the cause of this. I am hoping that you are going to make the correct decisions about who to keep and be very open minded about these decisions as they may affect everyones job here including your own. Some of the leaders of this department were rooting against your return and some others are only here to have their weekly play money and do not care about the tribal members or the cops that are working their zones. The problems with the department have been covered up by some of the command staff so they can keep making their fat paychecks. Chief I know that you are smart and wish only the best for the tribe. Please remember that right now that command staff will tell you just what you want to hear. Make the right decisons and help this department move forward. Even some of the ones that you trusted in the past may not be out for your best interests. Why not read the surveys that we all filled out about the department in your absence it should give you an idea about what was happening here. I believe that they were given to the command staff. If they do not have them ask the peer committee person from each reservation for a copy. Hopefully they will be able to get it to you.

On another extremely important note 2 officers in the State of Florida have been killed in the line of duty recently. We need you to fight for our benefits as they do not just help us but they also help protect our families. The fight for better benefits and retirement will not go unappreciated by your staff. I realize that it will be costly for the tribe but well worth the money and the effort. I am not attempting to exploit the deaths of those officers but it does show you what we may possibly have to deal with on a daily basis. Please fight the right fight for our benefits so when we go to work with a gun on our hip at least we know that our families will be taken care of. Thanks and good luck. I ENJOYED YOUR COMMENTS AND TRULY BELIEVE MOST OF THE BRASS WAS NOT BEHIND WILL WHEN HE APPLIED FOR THE CHIEF'S JOB, CAN THEY CHANGE? NO. WHEN A NEW CHIEF OR SHERIFF COMES IN THEY HAD BETTER WAKE UP AND UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE VERY FEW FRIENDS THAT SUPPORT THEM. WHEN PROBLEMS START, THE CHEIF GETS FIRED AND THE SAME BRASS STAY. CHARLIE HIRED THESE PEOPLE TO COME IN AND RUN THIS DEPT. THEY SIMPLY FAILED. WILL, THE PEOPLE THAT WANTED YOU TO RETURN WERE MOST OF TRIBAL COUNCIL AND SOME TRIBAL MEMBERS. A FEW PEOPLE AT THE TRIBAL OFFICE LIKED BROWN FOR WHATEVER REASON. IF YOUR GOING TO KEEP THESE PEOPLE PUT THEM IN A POSITION WHERE THEY HAVE TO WORK AND THEY WILL QUIT. I AGREE WITH THE PREVIOUS POST, THIS DEPT WENT FROM THE BEST TO THE WORST AND THAT IS A FACT. THINK, THE ADMINISTRATION THAT WAS HERE BEFORE CHARLIE WAS GREAT. WILL WE WISH YOU WELL, BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD. FACTS ARE FACTS. JUST SOME ADVISE.

07-25-2008, 05:20 PM
[quote="Just a Cop":2kb2mra9]As an employee of the Seminole Police Department and someone that has known the Chief for a few years I am writing this hoping that you read from this site. For the past 2 years the Seminole Police Department has been extremely stagnate. Very few decisions have been made if any to improve this department and the command staff that you are dealing with on a daily basis were the cause of this. I am hoping that you are going to make the correct decisions about who to keep and be very open minded about these decisions as they may affect everyones job here including your own. Some of the leaders of this department were rooting against your return and some others are only here to have their weekly play money and do not care about the tribal members or the cops that are working their zones. The problems with the department have been covered up by some of the command staff so they can keep making their fat paychecks. Chief I know that you are smart and wish only the best for the tribe. Please remember that right now that command staff will tell you just what you want to hear. Make the right decisons and help this department move forward. Even some of the ones that you trusted in the past may not be out for your best interests. Why not read the surveys that we all filled out about the department in your absence it should give you an idea about what was happening here. I believe that they were given to the command staff. If they do not have them ask the peer committee person from each reservation for a copy. Hopefully they will be able to get it to you.

On another extremely important note 2 officers in the State of Florida have been killed in the line of duty recently. We need you to fight for our benefits as they do not just help us but they also help protect our families. The fight for better benefits and retirement will not go unappreciated by your staff. I realize that it will be costly for the tribe but well worth the money and the effort. I am not attempting to exploit the deaths of those officers but it does show you what we may possibly have to deal with on a daily basis. Please fight the right fight for our benefits so when we go to work with a gun on our hip at least we know that our families will be taken care of. Thanks and good luck. I ENJOYED YOUR COMMENTS AND TRULY BELIEVE MOST OF THE BRASS WAS NOT BEHIND WILL WHEN HE APPLIED FOR THE CHIEF'S JOB, CAN THEY CHANGE? NO. WHEN A NEW CHIEF OR SHERIFF COMES IN THEY HAD BETTER WAKE UP AND UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE VERY FEW FRIENDS THAT SUPPORT THEM. WHEN PROBLEMS START, THE CHEIF GETS FIRED AND THE SAME BRASS STAY. CHARLIE HIRED THESE PEOPLE TO COME IN AND RUN THIS DEPT. THEY SIMPLY FAILED. WILL, THE PEOPLE THAT WANTED YOU TO RETURN WERE MOST OF TRIBAL COUNCIL AND SOME TRIBAL MEMBERS. A FEW PEOPLE AT THE TRIBAL OFFICE LIKED BROWN FOR WHATEVER REASON. IF YOUR GOING TO KEEP THESE PEOPLE PUT THEM IN A POSITION WHERE THEY HAVE TO WORK AND THEY WILL QUIT. I AGREE WITH THE PREVIOUS POST, THIS DEPT WENT FROM THE BEST TO THE WORST AND THAT IS A FACT. THINK, THE ADMINISTRATION THAT WAS HERE BEFORE CHARLIE WAS GREAT. WILL WE WISH YOU WELL, BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD. FACTS ARE FACTS. JUST SOME ADVISE.[/quote:2kb2mra9]

Everything that has been said is true. Will communicated with the employees more in a week than any other chief has ever had. And you are right, people just come here to get money for their toys and nothing else. They could care less about the tribe or the p.d. We had one captain who only cared about getting a new corvette every year. Since he has been replaced things have gotten better,,,, for openers. You cant be loyal to more than one boss. Think about it.

07-26-2008, 11:53 AM
I guess things in general have not changed since my days with Devon and Tom.

I was just looking for a paycheck, I have learned over the years not to fight and go with the flow. I can't afford to get laid off again.

Good luck to you all, I hope things work out for the best.

If there are openings in Tampa let me know.

07-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Yea ever since SPD was formed, there has never been any stability. And for you new guys actually believing that this place is a career, think again.

08-10-2008, 01:35 AM

I was just looking for a paycheck, I have learned over the years not to fight and go with the flow. I can't afford to get laid off again.

WOW, that was a while ago...When I started it was MacMonagle, Devon, Bill and Vetzel.......Hope things are good in Tampa...best kept secret in Florida

08-16-2008, 01:23 PM

WOW, that was a while ago...When I started it was MacMonagle, Devon, Bill and Vetzel.......Hope things are good in Tampa...best kept secret in Florida

Tampa was a great place back in the day. Mongo Mac was laid off too.I think 5 or 6 of us were laid off it was a sad day. I really burned my bridge with Tom when he laid me off, oh well i have grown and matured since that day.

You all take care and be safe.