PDA

View Full Version : Lets pray for a hero

07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
I know cops ***** and complain about stupid things. Why dont we put the complaining and interdepartmental fighting to rest and mourn the loss of a hero. Pray for the family and lets look out for each other. Police are hated enough by public and we are out own worst emenies when we do this. Sorry for the loss of your officer as he is a hero is my eyes. Please stay safe out there.

07-18-2008, 12:42 PM
My condolences to the officer's family and your department. The loss of any officer is a loss not only to his fellow brethren but to society as well. Be safe and take care of one another.

MOD 1
07-18-2008, 01:24 PM
My condolences go out to this Officer's Family as well to his brothers and sisters in uniform. May he rest in peace.

Mod 1

07-18-2008, 03:16 PM
I would like to say my heart and prayers goes out to the family of this officer, as well as the FMPD family. We are hated enough by the public guys, let's put our complaing aside and let's cover each others back out there and be safe. God Bless.

MOD 488
07-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Stay strong brothers & sisters. Our thoughts & prayers are with you and the officer's family.

Your brother's & sisters in Pinellas County.

The Nitely Blog
07-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Rest in peace Officer Widman. Your family will be in our prayers as will your brother and sister officers at the Fort Myers P.D.

A Hillsborough County Deputy

07-18-2008, 05:04 PM
We would like to extend our deepest condolences to the family of Officer Widman along with the Ft. Myers PD.

Sarasota Sheriff's Office
Deputy

07-18-2008, 05:17 PM
im so sorry for your loss.... my heart goes out to ALL!!!
i'll be praying for all of you and your families, dont stop doing your job for this town may people are every thankful..

YOU ARE A HERO ANDY..THANK YOU!

Trooper86
07-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Rest in peace Andrew....

DistrictDeputy
07-18-2008, 07:46 PM
The Officer, his family, and his FMPD family are in the thoughts and prayers of your brothers and sisters in Charlotte County.

07-18-2008, 07:52 PM
My thoughts and prayers to Ofc Widman, his family and peers in this time of tragedy and need. It doesn't matter what the uniform patch says, we are all one force.

Palm Beach School District Police

07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
For the grace of God go the rest of us, my prayers and condolences to this young man and his family, St. Michael the Arch Angel, please protect all in blue, green and brown

ccsodeputy
07-18-2008, 09:22 PM
RIP Brother. My prayers got out to his family and all members of FMPD.

Charlotte County Deputy

07-18-2008, 11:50 PM
So sorry for your loss. Please know that many are praying for you and the family of your officer.

07-19-2008, 12:27 AM
To Ofc. A. Widen's family, my prayers go out to you and the FMPD family
as well. Know that your loved one, our brother is with the Lord now. His patrol here is done although he'll always be with you in spirit. When you think of him know that the Lord has a special job for him and I wouldn't be surprised if his new assignment is to watch over you all. I didn't know Ofc. A. Widen, but he is my brother in Blue forever. And to his wife and children, I know he must have loved you oh so very much. I know he is a hero, and served his community with honor and dignity. May God Bless you and may his memories always be sweet and bring you comfort.

Rest in Peace Brother
From a Sister in the South we love you

07-19-2008, 12:41 AM
My thoughts and prayers to the family and department of Ft Myers Police.

- J Cross
Former Police Officer with FMPD

07-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Today was a sad day. I never met you and never had the pleasure to work with you, I'm sure you were a great man. My heart goes out to you and your family. As one in law enforcement we put on these uniforms and go to work everyday knowing the worst could happen. You are a hero.

07-19-2008, 12:58 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the officer and his family.

R/Bobby LeSane

MOD 456
07-19-2008, 01:04 AM
May god welcome you with open arms as your watch has ended! My thoughts and prayers go out to the Widman Family and the FMPD.

Micco PD in Miami

07-19-2008, 01:14 AM
Your watch on earth is done we'll take it from here.
The Lord will take care of your family along with your
F.M.P.D. family. Rest in peace brother

07-19-2008, 02:31 AM
Our hearts go out to Officer Widman's family and his firends at the F.M.P.D.

R.I.P. You have earned your place in heaven.

07-19-2008, 02:35 AM
As often as you see this site being used to complain and bash each other senselessly and something like this happens and reminds us that beyond all the bullcrap we put up each day how quickly it can end. We should realize that when it comes down to it we are all we got.

My family's prayers are with you, your family and those you worked closely with especially your shift that was there to witness this first hand.

Thanks to those who took this dirtbag out so he can't hurt any of us again.

God bless

MOD 43
07-19-2008, 03:29 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Officer Widman's family. Also to all the officers of FMPD.

Just another reminder of how we all need to stick together.

Mod 43

NorthFL LEO
07-19-2008, 03:32 AM
Our condolences from the Big Bend area of Florida. May Off. Widman Rest in Peace. May God watch over his wife and children.

We are all brothers and sisters in uniform, not matter what patch or badge we wear. Let's all help keep each other safe.

07-19-2008, 05:51 AM
Condolences to the Widman Family, and to my Brothers and Sisters in the FMPD.

Collier County S.O grieves with you.

07-19-2008, 01:15 PM
My deepest sympathies to Ofc. Widman's family and to all at FMPD. All of you will be in our thoughts.

- Steve Long

07-19-2008, 01:51 PM
My condolences to Officer Widman's family and his extended family in law enforcement. Although it's difficult right now take comfort in knowing he is now at peace with our Lord and Savior. Rest in Peace Officer Widman.
Retired Miami Police Officer now living in Winston-Salem, NC.

07-19-2008, 02:27 PM
There are no words that are truly adequate right now. Please accept my condolences for your loss. I pray for the officers wife and children. God bless.

Charlotte CO SO

07-19-2008, 02:55 PM
I did my college internship in 94 at FMPD, and was very shocked and upset when my brother (Who lives in F.M.), told me the devasting news. My thought's and prayer's are going out to F.M.P.D and Officer Widman's family.

07-19-2008, 07:34 PM
May God be with Officer Widman's family, and all of the fine Officers at FMPD.

Previously FMPD #294

07-19-2008, 08:58 PM
our prayers are with officer widman's family, friends, and fellow officers. May god be with you in your time of need.

City of Miami police

07-20-2008, 06:58 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with your dept and family.

07-20-2008, 02:06 PM
our prayers go out to officer widman's family, friends, and fellow officers. may god keep you strong and together.

07-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Rest In Peace, brother. Youre in our prayers up here in Charlotte County.

07-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Stay strong brothers & sisters. Our thoughts & prayers are with you and the officer's family.

Your brother's & sisters in Dade County.

07-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Rest in Peace our brother. Our prayers go out to you and your family.

07-21-2008, 06:11 PM
You have done your work here for the Lord and now he is going to reward you in heaven and take care of your family here.

A fallen fellow brother is never forgotten and your family is in our prayers.

Sgt. Cris Truluck
Bradenton PD

mod 352
07-22-2008, 01:17 AM
From all of the members of the North Port Police Department we bid you farewell. Rest in peace brother you will always be remembered.

Mod 508
07-22-2008, 03:38 AM
My condolences to the Widman family, for their loss of a Husband, Father, and wonderful role model. I read the many post's on ODMP on Officer Widman and it was very nice to see how many people love him.

This is such a senseless tragedy!!

My prayers and thoughts are with the Widman Family and The Fort Myers Police Department in this time of grieving.

God Bless You All,

MOD 508

07-23-2008, 03:11 AM
My heart goes out to the family of Officer Andrew Widman during this tragic time. I would like to express my deepest condolences. RIP Brother, you will not be forgotten. You are a true hero.
A Southwest Florida Trooper

07-23-2008, 03:11 AM
My heart goes out to the family of Officer Andrew Widman during this tragic time. I would like to express my deepest condolences. RIP Brother, you will not be forgotten. You are a true hero.
A Southwest Florida Trooper

07-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Rest in peace brother. You now will walk the golden beat. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends.

Sgt. Mike Gilmore
Escambia Co. S.O.

betterinblue
07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
What a beautiful service today for the Widman family. Your showing of support and brotherhood was truly inspirational. The entire City of Punta Gorda is praying for all of you. Stay strong.

07-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Our hearts and prayers go out to the Widman and FMPD family. Officer Widman made the ultimate sacrifice protecting our community and you will never be forgotten. God bless you and your family.

Division of Law Enforcement, FWC

07-24-2008, 12:41 AM
Offering my thoughts and prayers to your officer,his family and your department

07-26-2008, 03:51 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you. As a local Trooper we feel like a part of your family also, and we can relate to your feelings. I also wanted to say THANKS and KUDOS to the "Fab Four," in my book you guys did us all a favor and you deserve some very special recognition, for the diligence and Valor that was exhibited, and for finishing the job that needed to be done, to at least give his family and the Law Enforcement Community some closure. To everyone at FMPD, and any other Law Enforcement Agency that might read this, Stay Safe and Stay the Course.

God's Speed!

07-26-2008, 03:52 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you. As a local Trooper we feel like a part of your family also, and we can relate to your feelings. I also wanted to say THANKS and KUDOS to the "Fab Four," in my book you guys did us all a favor and you deserve some very special recognition, for the diligence and Valor that was exhibited, and for finishing the job that needed to be done, to at least give his family and the Law Enforcement Community some closure. To everyone at FMPD, and any other Law Enforcement Agency that might read this, Stay Safe and Stay the Course.

God's Speed!

07-27-2008, 08:36 AM
May Officer Widman rest in eternal peace and glory until we see him again. May GOD bless his family, friends, and co workers during this very difficult time. May you all somehow find peace.

Polk County Sheriff's Office
Florida

PS
And you guys need to bodily throw that POS police chief of yours right out the front door of the PD if he ever shows his face around there again!

07-27-2008, 06:05 PM
F'N A right!!!!!!