PDA

View Full Version : Orlando

07-17-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm not a trooper but I am a LEO and often follow this board. So I have to ask, why does every one hate working in Orlando?

07-17-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm not a trooper but I am a LEO and often follow this board. So I have to ask, why does every one hate working in Orlando?

65 a sig 4 with 454 more holding.

07-17-2008, 11:14 PM

crash after crash!

07-18-2008, 01:06 AM
Crash after crash!, hey I thought that was what you get paid for. You are the Highway Patrol 10-4

07-18-2008, 02:42 AM
Crash after crash!, hey I thought that was what you get paid for. You are the Highway Patrol 10-4

ya but when you are down so many troopers there is no break from it.

07-18-2008, 03:50 AM
yeah, you work s4 after sig4 and never get home on time and no breaks for a meal, no time to enforce traffic law (proactivity) due to crash investigations and more get holding if you are on a fatal or other possible s4 investigation. it is extremely tiring, any cop would burn out after 1 week of crashes in orlando. it is high time the sheriff gives them a little help, esp for the minor fender benders. we should just work the state road in those busy counties. we have to work crashes in th county local roads as well. we will still be holding crashes if we were restricted to state roads, but at least it wouldnt be so many that the next shift gets one that held for 3 hrs.

07-18-2008, 05:07 AM
It always amazes me that, with the patrol being down so much, that FHP will still respond to a vehicle versus mailbox crash out in the middle of no where while a deputy responds and just sits there. I have come up to a minor crash scene where a deputy has been sitting there 45 minutes or longer and never even left his car!!! What a waste of taxpayer money to have two agencies respond to minor crash while one just sits there. If we truly were the HIGHWAY patrol we would not respond to residential neighbors for minor crashes.

07-18-2008, 05:16 AM
It always amazes me that, with the patrol being down so much, that FHP will still respond to a vehicle versus mailbox crash out in the middle of no where while a deputy responds and just sits there. I have come up to a minor crash scene where a deputy has been sitting there 45 minutes or longer and never even left his car!!! What a waste of taxpayer money to have two agencies respond to minor crash while one just sits there. If we truly were the HIGHWAY patrol we would not respond to residential neighbors for minor crashes.

Im with you on that one. I work in the northern part of the state and where I work you may find 2-3 deputies sitting there waiting for you. Doesnt make much sense for a mailbox. Just how hard is it to hand out a blue form and go on to the next call?

07-18-2008, 09:20 AM
I cant speak for other SO's but we work the crap out of crashes to include many fatals.

07-18-2008, 09:47 AM
I cant speak for other SO's but we work the crap out of crashes to include many fatals.

That is because you have an egomaniac of a sheriff who wants to do it all. Dog catcher, city police, traffic cops, etc. I worked Polk during the Crow and Judd years. One thing for sure, come election time the Tango units thin out. No skin off our back, and we enjoy working with you guys, but the brass' relationship between BOTH (trust us, our CZ at GHQ is no savior either) agencies could take a lesson from the deputies and troopers on the street.

07-18-2008, 10:31 AM
LMAO! Yeah, Grady is a trip .. but he is well liked and respected (I like him) and he'll be here for as long as he wants the job. I'd rather have a strong personality like his running the show than a weak one.

07-18-2008, 08:46 PM
The Polk Sheriff is awesome. I love seeing him on the news telling you like it is. If we had that on the troop level administration and on up, instead of trying to be politically correct all the time, we might earn some respect back.

07-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Well, on a more positive note, things are about the get better in the Orlando area. The Orlando permanent midnight shift will cease to exist on August 15, 2008. Those midnight Troopers have been living the good life working less crashes, and arresting more drunk drivers, and getting paid overtime for going to court. Well no more... The winds of positive change are upon us. This change will give the rest of us a 28-day break from all of those daytime crashes. So when we're working a 28-day cycle of midnights, we will have plenty of free time to be more proactive. Drunk drivers beware. See, things are looking up. Cudos to all who made this possible.

07-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Well, on a more positive note, things are about the get better in the Orlando area. The Orlando permanent midnight shift will cease to exist on August 15, 2008. Those midnight Troopers have been living the good life working less crashes, and arresting more drunk drivers, and getting paid overtime for going to court. Well no more... The winds of positive change are upon us. This change will give the rest of us a 28-day break from all of those daytime crashes. So when we're working a 28-day cycle of midnights, we will have plenty of free time to be more proactive. Drunk drivers beware. See, things are looking up. Cudos to all who made this possible.

midnights will cease ?? huh

07-18-2008, 11:07 PM

Permanent midnight shift will cease. All Troopers will now rotate into mids. Follow along...

07-19-2008, 02:27 PM

When John Tegg gets elected for Orange County Sheriff, I believe there will be some relief. He believes the Deputies should work some crashes.

That’s why Troopers who live in Orange County should vote for

JOHN TEGG
FOR
SHERIFF

07-19-2008, 08:55 PM

Permanent midnight shift will cease. All Troopers will now rotate into mids. Follow along...
oh got ya

07-20-2008, 03:42 AM

Many So's refuse to work even the most basic crash in their county. In some counties FHP must respond to all crashes--even in residential neighborhoods and parking lots.