PDA

View Full Version : honor

07-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Chief in case you did not know I wanted to enlighten you.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

07-16-2008, 11:18 PM
oh boy, what happened now? :shock:

07-17-2008, 09:38 PM
I unequivocally pledge allegiance to the noted Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it promulgates:
one Nation under God, indivisible,
with Liberty and concurring Justice for all.

Stay Safe.

Sent via Sign Language

07-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Chief,
Those great big giant words you use annoy people. Chief do you even know what you are saying? People are laughing at you because you do not use the words properly. Please look up the word promugulate. You use it incorrectly almost every time and I am sick of people laughing at the Chief of NMB. For CRAP sake even the friggin PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES doesnt speak like that! Oh sorry, Castro never spoke like that either.

Sent via Raspberry (use urban dictionary to figure it out)

07-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Those great big giant words you use annoy people.

What annoys me is using the same words over and over again. We've all seen the words that I am talking about plastered over this forum, and every single e-mail that he sends to us uses those exact same words.

How about just a single e-mail that does not include the words "unequivocally concur", "promulgate" or "noted sentiments"? Is that too much to ask?

And I agree with the prior message offering advice to the chief on how to really improve this agency; by focusing exclusively on irrelevant matters (goatees and shorts) while avoiding the more serious matters (staffing and budget issues) it seems that our new chief does not see the forrest for the trees. A great agency has a full compliment of officers and always seeks new ways to improve safety for the officers as well as the citizens. I don't necessarily need my chief to handle calls with me to show that he is a leader who cares about my safety, but for Christ's sake at least take the time to show up at the scene when I get shot at! Again, is that too much to ask?

We have been and continue to be short-staffed. We can't even seem to take a day off due to the minimum staffing requirements. Chief, what are you doing to fix that problem? Why are we discussing shorts and goatees while ignoring the 5,000 pound elephant in the room?

07-18-2008, 05:03 PM
What a sad comment on Rafael! Addressing the staffing shortage means confronting the manager and elected officials with the unvarnished truth. It demands that elected officials make or not decisions to increase the budget to meet such challenges. This takes courage and is a rick to Rafael's job security. It is easier to pick up after the elephant.