PDA

View Full Version : Chief

07-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Worked with your Chief years ago at CPD. Quite a story teller back then. He use to tell a story about how he fell off an air craft carrier while in the special forces. How is he now.

07-16-2008, 01:35 AM
Ha I know Tony and there are some TALL tales in his past.

07-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Tony Velong? Didn't he used to be our Chief? I think he just quit showing up one day.

07-24-2008, 04:03 AM
Except he was never in SF...he spent just a few years as MOS 97B and only made E5 and spending the majority of his time moving papers from one side of the desk to the other....

07-24-2008, 04:46 AM
Thats not a larry sheldon post

07-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Well Tony was known for telling all sorts of lieswhen he was coming up in CPD. I have spoken to some current officers and it seems he still lies to his people. Sad, God must allow it if you cross your fingers or something.

07-25-2008, 01:49 AM
But he's a leader's leader!

TEMPLE TERRACE - Temple Terrace Police Chief Tony Velong has been honored with the Florida Police Chiefs Association's President's Award.

To qualify for the award, the individual must display an extraordinarily high level of performance, be thoroughly involved in promoting and advancing the law enforcement profession and show exceptional service and support to the organization's president.

Velong, who was singled out by the association's outgoing president, Leon McLeod, to receive the award, has been at the helm of the department since 2000.

"This award meant a lot to me," Velong said. "It is given to a leader's leader, and the decision on who gets it is made by one man who has 300 other chiefs and their contributions to the organization to consider.

"I was surprised and honored, but God put me here and makes me what I am. …I give him all the glory and always will."