PDA

View Full Version : What has the FOP done for you?

07-15-2008, 03:28 PM
My question is; what has the FOP done for you? Look at all the issues and try to find the really good things done by the FOP as the bargaining agent for SRSO.

07-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Lets see....Higher dues. Sending people FOP flunkies to conventions without aksing if any of the other members would like to go. Snacks at FOP meetings. No contract. No increase in death benefits from the SO. No boot allowance........I could go on, but ya get the point

07-15-2008, 11:23 PM
what did you expect them to do? I don't think it is because the FOP staff have not tried to get better pay and benefits. Some of you seem to think if you go union and get a contract with the sheriff then those things are automatically added into the budget. There are several factors facing this administration and every other county office in Santa Rosa County and across the State of Florida since the passage of Amendment 1. Not to mention the rising cost of fuel and everything else. Plus the fact that most people in the county feel that they pay too much taxes already. I think we have lost a lot of public support for our pay increases or anything else.
I'm not saying that I agree with that fact but it's just the way it is.

07-16-2008, 01:38 PM
what did you expect them to do? I don't think it is because the FOP staff have not tried to get better pay and benefits. Some of you seem to think if you go union and get a contract with the sheriff then those things are automatically added into the budget. There are several factors facing this administration and every other county office in Santa Rosa County and across the State of Florida since the passage of Amendment 1. Not to mention the rising cost of fuel and everything else. Plus the fact that most people in the county feel that they pay too much taxes already. I think we have lost a lot of public support for our pay increases or anything else.
I'm not saying that I agree with that fact but it's just the way it is.

I was not talking about what they had done for us in the new contract, but the old one that is still active. Just what did they get for us. Take a look at what they got for themselves (the FOP). Right now there should have been very little issues to be talking about (only money issues) since many could have been bargained regardless of pay issues. Nothing was done. Hall has no reason to give in to the limp-@#$% FOP. He cares nothing about his deputies, only his staff. The FOP does not represent his staff, so he doesnt care about giving anything to his deputies. Maybe its time to look for another bargaining agent who will let everyone (including the voters) know how little Hall is "bargaining".

07-16-2008, 04:17 PM
you're absoultely right. why dont you run for office and straighten the fop out. i'm sure you could fix all the problems in a couple of months.

07-16-2008, 05:10 PM
you're absoultely right. why dont you run for office and straighten the fop out. i'm sure you could fix all the problems in a couple of months.

What are you talking about? You obviously do not understand the issue.

07-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Just looked at our FOP Web site looks good, but why do we have all those PBA contracts on the documents. I read several of them and we need to do a lot of work to cacth up. We have been smoked when it comes to benifits. May be we need to talk to the PBA reps and get some sdvice. Just a thought.

07-17-2008, 01:28 PM
The lodge wants to endorse the sheriff, Gulb Breeze lodge wants to endorse Randle. yikes

07-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Sounds like a house divided.

07-18-2008, 12:02 AM
no house divided here. if gulf breeze wants randle let them keep him at the pd.

07-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Lodge 123 wants to endorse Hall because they are in bed with him. Nobody willing to say no, because it will get back to him. Dont endorse anyone, none have much to give to the agency.

07-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Plus- who really cares what GBPD does.

07-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Plus- who really cares what GBPD does.

Emerald City

07-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh, I heard the GBPD dude Randull, pulled all of his strings to get F.O.P. endorsement. He didn't win let The PD keep that loser. long hair nobody who likes to lose cases from sleeping with informants and getting drunk at the Elks on the Pensacola Beach.

07-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I am sure Escambia SO would love to catch him on PB with a few stiff ones in him... (no pun on Emerald City)

07-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Why should the FOP endorse anyone, none of the candidates deserve an endorsement. Hall surely does not deserve an endorsement, as he has done nothing to bargain in good faith with the deputies or protect them from the likes of Collier and his gang.

07-20-2008, 11:04 PM
What do we know about them bargaining in good faith? When we finally learn the truth about the negotiations is it going to be us looking like the ones who don't know what we are doing? If you are not involved what do you really understand? What has the union asked for? What have they offered? I work a shift that rarely gets me to the meetings so I know very little.

For the last poster #3 isn't even involved in the process, #2 is. Before you get on here and complain at least know a fraction about what's going on. As for who we are backing, the clown in GB tried a end around and got caught. The 123 voted (about 1/5th went to the trouble) and Otis got the vote. Go ask the pres and his secretary about what is happening, then post.

07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
If you go to the FOP website, they say that Hall is not negotiating. Why is the FOP not ensuring Hall is held to the letter of the law--"negotiating in good faith". Tell me why.

07-21-2008, 04:58 PM
The only reason I could think of why we haven't slammed hall is that "we" are the slackers, if not, why not go ahead and go to impasse? If we are the absolutely the righteous party why not go public and tell the whole voting public about how we are being treated? The only logical reason is because we aren't what we are led to believe, the injured party.

If you think admin is stupid just think, last time we had LT MH on our side. They put him in a position that he must support them and now we have no contract and don't have the nerve to go public. Looks like we aren't doing our homework, got spanked and sent home crying.

So go ahead and do your research, ask the FOP and see whats going on. I will be.

07-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Seems in the past that we had a problem with things from meetings getting back to Hall and his henchmen. The real problem is that the FOP negotiators have no backbone. The FOP should be doing more to hold Hall to the letter of the law. They wont. Too bad, so sad. Hall will get reelected and continue to screw over his deputies and the FOP will continue to be his whipping boy.

07-22-2008, 11:49 AM
You are right Hall will problay get elected and your deputies are the ones who will pay. Until the deputies and the union become one the admin is going to do what they want when they want. You are going to have to stand up for yourselves. No one else can do it for you. As long as you let Hall get away with the BS he is doing he will continue. Grow some Balls and take a stand or don't come on here whining about what has the FOP done for you. The FOP is made up of deputies not people from outside your Dept. So don't blame the FOP for your inability to stand up for yourself.
If Hall won't sign a contract go to impass and hit him hard. Take it to the public and let them know what is happening inside your Dept. I can promise you most of the public will be there to support you.

07-22-2008, 12:41 PM
bottom line is we ain't gonna get a raise or anything else that cost money. get used to it or go somewhere else. you don't have to like it thats just the way it is. you can blame that on hall, the fop, the taxpayers
or the county commissioners but it aint' gonna change things anymore than coming on here *****ing about what the fop hasn't done for you.

07-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Why can't you ***** on here? If it stimulates conversation about the problems of the agency, then it is good conversation. If it stimulates someone to do something, then it is also good. Many deputies have alot to lose if they let their true beliefs be known in public forums or meetings. There has been more than once that what someone said at one of these FOP meetins was brought back to Hall and his henchmen staff. Having a site where one can say what they believe is a good thing.
There are some that do nothing but *****, but many have good input on facts that surround many situation. If you do not want to hear what people have to say, then go away. The FOP has proven itself to be a near worthless as a bargaining and protection tool for the deputies; but that is something that deputies, and Sergeants can change.

07-25-2008, 02:26 AM
It isn't just Wendell guys. The Florida Sheriffs Association does not want any union. They believe the sheriff as a constitutional officer should have absolute and unchecked power to do as they see fit in any manner they want to do it. They as a political power in the state are something to be reckoned with and they don't intend in any way for the LEO's to question what they do. There are some of the sheriffs who are fair and want to work with the union, but they are in the minority in the Panhandle area.

07-28-2008, 07:16 PM
It isn't just Wendell guys. The Florida Sheriffs Association does not want any union. They believe the sheriff as a constitutional officer should have absolute and unchecked power to do as they see fit in any manner they want to do it. They as a political power in the state are something to be reckoned with and they don't intend in any way for the LEO's to question what they do. There are some of the sheriffs who are fair and want to work with the union, but they are in the minority in the Panhandle area.

Too bad, being able to form a union is the law of the land. Who cares what the Sheriff's Association wants. Time for new union representation, one that will fight for what is best for those they represent. Not one like the FOP that cowars at the sight or sound of Hall and his gang. I personally dont care who, but a change is needed to represent the deputies and Sergeants.

07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Jus remember that FOP cannot do much for anyone as long as you are under Civil Service, except take your $$$$$$$$$$$ and promise you a lot of things.

Also, Hall has no choice for the "leadership" of the agency. Senority and rank has a lot to do with who is promoted to positions. So you got Collier, Onkka, and Seevers. Remember to also throw in the mix --- Civil Service and their rules and regs.

If you don't like where you work or what you are doing...get another job! and quit your b--------; or change the way things are done. Sitting on the sidelines and speculating about how it should be done...DO IT!

07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Jus remember that FOP cannot do much for anyone as long as you are under Civil Service, except take your $$$$$$$$$$$ and promise you a lot of things.

Also, Hall has no choice for the "leadership" of the agency. Senority and rank has a lot to do with who is promoted to positions. So you got Collier, Onkka, and Seevers. Remember to also throw in the mix --- Civil Service and their rules and regs.

If you don't like where you work or what you are doing...get another job! and quit your b--------; or change the way things are done. Sitting on the sidelines and speculating about how it should be done...DO IT!

No, the Sheriff can put these people in positions that will not allow them to hurt the agency. A major in court security sounds good. A captain over fleet is also good. Also, we are not under the protection of Civil Service. Civil Service is a thing of the past, no input on hiring, firing, promotions, or discepline. So, tell me what Civil Service does?

07-30-2008, 06:10 AM

Too bad, being able to form a union is the law of the land. Who cares what the Sheriff's Association wants. Time for new union representation, one that will fight for what is best for those they represent. Not one like the FOP that cowars at the sight or sound of Hall and his gang. I personally dont care who, but a change is needed to represent the deputies and Sergeants.

The people on the negotiating committee HAVE been putting their necks on the line for all employees. They have gone directly to the Sheriff and talked to him in person (without any of his admin guys or his lawyer).

I don't see YOU offering to put your butt out there and fight for your co-workers. So, put up or shut up.

07-30-2008, 07:16 PM
I do not believe anything Hall says. Every time I talked to him he told me what I wanted to hear then never followed through with what he promised. When was the last time he told the truth to any of his people. If Hall were bargaining in good faith, there would be a contract by now.

08-03-2008, 11:44 PM
I can't believe you all. You should be ashamed of no one but YOURSELVES. I can count on ONE hand the number of people that attend FOP meetings. Considering the Sheriff has come to some of the meetings it shows him ONE THING. The membership has zero backbone. Not the union..........the membership. As long as you want things handed to you on a silver platter without doing any work for it, it doesn't matter WHAT union you have. A union is only as strong as the members. Sorry but we have a LOT of spineless people working here. You expect for 6 or so people to do all the work while you sit on your lazy butt and reap the rewards. But there ARE NO rewards if the entire membership doesn't fight for them. Instead, you all want someone else to fight your battles, get you something miraculous, etc. It doesn't work that way. Those bargaining meetings are open to the PUBLIC. You can go see what happens. It's not a secret. Those people doing the bargaining are YOUR COWORKERS that are willing to do what you are not.

You want change? Only you can make that happen. Only when the Sheriff and the BOCC see all 400 or so members standing BEHIND the union instead of cowering in a corner somewhere, will anything change for you. Until you're willing to get off your dead a$$ and help, don't whine.

Also, let's briefly discuss the endorsement. How many on here complaining actually VOTED? Voting was open during such a long period of time that EVERYONE would have been able to vote. But, out of a group of about 400 people, only about 40 actually took the time to go in there and vote. Again, who is to blame?

When the membership stands behind the union, you will see a major change in the way people are treated and the power the union can have. But, without the members doing their part, no union has teeth. That's life.

08-09-2008, 03:20 PM
My question is; what has the FOP done for you? Look at all the issues and try to find the really good things done by the FOP as the bargaining agent for SRSO.

Since we all know that we are going to be stuck with Hall for another four years, the question is still "what has the FOP done for you?". Since I voted against the FOP in the begining and am no longer a member of the FOP, I still demand an accountability from the FOP--who say the represent all regardless of membership. You FOP leg humpers, dont tell me to go to meetings. I have let my opinions be known. Its the FOP's responsibility to represent the deputies and Sergeants, yet if you look at the current CBA, most of what changed (from the original version to now) is giving FOP reps more perks. I know what I am talking about, do you? The FOP is a good fraternal organization, but worthless as a bargaining rep

08-09-2008, 06:00 PM
I didn't vote for fop to represent us as a barganing unit. I didn't vote for pba either. when everybody was talking about how
we had to have a union to get more pay and better benefits i guess you actually thought it would happen. don't think for a minute you would be any better off with other representation. they are gonna give you as little as they can to get by and if jimmy hoffa were here he couldnt change it either.

08-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Sheriff Hall took over FOP when RW got his business jammed and had to leave. The Sheriff used JS as his election hit/point man and rewarded him with a promotion shortly thereafter. Give JS credit for a dirty job well done.

Have you noticed how many other FOP officers have done well in progressing up the ranks? Hindsight is 20/20 but PBA would have been a better labor choice and leave FOP to those who are interested in the fraternal aspects of the organization.

08-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I have to admit, even though he didn't get the official endorsement, Randle is the only one I've heard mention doing anything for the deputies or anything with the FOP contract. He even said at the Bagdad rally that one of the things he'd do is sign an FOP contract.

08-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Sheriff Hall took over FOP when RW got his business jammed and had to leave. The Sheriff used JS as his election hit/point man and rewarded him with a promotion shortly thereafter. Give JS credit for a dirty job well done.

Have you noticed how many other FOP officers have done well in progressing up the ranks? Hindsight is 20/20 but PBA would have been a better labor choice and leave FOP to those who are interested in the fraternal aspects of the organization.

I haven't been here that long.....Which FOP officers have gotten promotions?

08-17-2008, 01:45 PM
I dont think any of them have gotten promoted. LB had rank before he got there, EG left for another agency, JS left for another agency, HS had rank before he was president so did RW. If i left anybody out i dont think they were promoted just because they ran FOP the way the sheriff wanted.

08-22-2008, 12:57 AM
The question is what has the FOP members done to "improve" the FOP? You don't like those in charge, all of you show up and vote them out. Find some of the "old timers" in the agency who has belonged to real FOP lodges and pick their brains. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! You can't sit back and gripe when you have nothing to gripe about. The FOP members have allowed this to go on too long. You have your Pres and his lil Sec hanging out in #1's office constantly. If they wanted a contract bad enough, a couple of months ago would have been ideal to go to impasse. You chose not to be involved. The same people over and over again show up at the meetings. It's pretty sad when the civilians who have less members have more showing up at their meetings. The civilians formed their FOP so they could get equality and fairness. They have no respect by majority of the road officers and their chief. He has proved this over and over again. If you had someone like Charlie Morris running the agency no one would need the FOP because everyone in the agency is taken care of. Let's see the civilians get 2 weeks notice they are no longer going to have a job and 2 weeks severance. Charlie Morris gives his civilians 2 MONTHS severance and then goes and gets grants and hires then all back. It's really sad when those who work for this agency are constantly crapped on. So before you whine anymore make sure YOU as a whole has done something to make improvements.

08-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Its time for eveyone to quit the FOP and save your money. Find another organization to handle your legal needs. The FOP may still be the bargaininag agent, but no one should put up with their ineptness. Time to vote them out as the bargaining agent. I quit them a long time ago. They do nothing to protect anyone in any situation, including collective bargaining. A worthless organization. Can anyone tell me a time the FOP has done anything for the deputies.

08-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Its time for eveyone to quit the FOP and save your money. Find another organization to handle your legal needs. The FOP may still be the bargaininag agent, but no one should put up with their ineptness. Time to vote them out as the bargaining agent. I quit them a long time ago. They do nothing to protect anyone in any situation, including collective bargaining. A worthless organization. Can anyone tell me a time the FOP has done anything for the deputies.

What about those deputies who thought they were FOP members, were paying their dues but never were FOP members! Did they get their money back? Thank God they didn't need any legal services.

08-24-2008, 08:07 AM

What about those deputies who thought they were FOP members, were paying their dues but never were FOP members! Did they get their money back? Thank God they didn't need any legal services.

Who paid their dues but weren't members? Did someone know that their dues were coming out of their paycheck but were told they weren't a member?

08-24-2008, 08:16 AM
The question is what has the FOP members done to "improve" the FOP? You don't like those in charge, all of you show up and vote them out. Find some of the "old timers" in the agency who has belonged to real FOP lodges and pick their brains. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! You can't sit back and gripe when you have nothing to gripe about. The FOP members have allowed this to go on too long. You have your Pres and his lil Sec hanging out in #1's office constantly. If they wanted a contract bad enough, a couple of months ago would have been ideal to go to impasse. You chose not to be involved. The same people over and over again show up at the meetings. It's pretty sad when the civilians who have less members have more showing up at their meetings. The civilians formed their FOP so they could get equality and fairness. They have no respect by majority of the road officers and their chief. He has proved this over and over again. If you had someone like Charlie Morris running the agency no one would need the FOP because everyone in the agency is taken care of. Let's see the civilians get 2 weeks notice they are no longer going to have a job and 2 weeks severance. Charlie Morris gives his civilians 2 MONTHS severance and then goes and gets grants and hires then all back. It's really sad when those who work for this agency are constantly crapped on. So before you whine anymore make sure YOU as a whole has done something to make improvements.

It's funny that you all come on here and complain about what you know NOTHING about. It's pathetic how you all act like high school children and believe rumors instead of going to the people and talking to them. LB has been working hard to get a contract. Believe me, you don't want an impasse because the old contract stays in effect for another year. Our rights as officers are not protected by that old contract. Have you ever even done any research about what you're complaining about? Don't have time to do research? Too lazy to educate yourself about what you're b#%ching about like little cry babies??

Go buy some diapers and don't forget to use cream on your diaper rash. Or, better yet, take the friggin pacifier out of your mouth and STEP UP and make a change. If you think you can do a better job, vote them out. STOP COMPLAINING. You obviously are an FOP member and are unhappy about the way things are, so unite and change things.

08-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Why do you call it complaining? Its just discussion. If you go to meetings and discuss, it gets back to Hall's good-ol-boys. What is wrong with putting out what you think, you did. The FOP is worthless. You yourself said that deputies are not protected under the current contract. The question remains, "what has the FOP done for you". Time for a new bargaining agent. Time for everyone to leave the FOP.

08-24-2008, 02:56 PM
[quote="What have you done as a union?":38b0lqq7]The question is what has the FOP members done to "improve" the FOP? You don't like those in charge, all of you show up and vote them out. Find some of the "old timers" in the agency who has belonged to real FOP lodges and pick their brains. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! You can't sit back and gripe when you have nothing to gripe about. The FOP members have allowed this to go on too long. You have your Pres and his lil Sec hanging out in #1's office constantly. If they wanted a contract bad enough, a couple of months ago would have been ideal to go to impasse. You chose not to be involved. The same people over and over again show up at the meetings. It's pretty sad when the civilians who have less members have more showing up at their meetings. The civilians formed their FOP so they could get equality and fairness. They have no respect by majority of the road officers and their chief. He has proved this over and over again. If you had someone like Charlie Morris running the agency no one would need the FOP because everyone in the agency is taken care of. Let's see the civilians get 2 weeks notice they are no longer going to have a job and 2 weeks severance. Charlie Morris gives his civilians 2 MONTHS severance and then goes and gets grants and hires then all back. It's really sad when those who work for this agency are constantly crapped on. So before you whine anymore make sure YOU as a whole has done something to make improvements.

It's funny that you all come on here and complain about what you know NOTHING about. It's pathetic how you all act like high school children and believe rumors instead of going to the people and talking to them. LB has been working hard to get a contract. Believe me, you don't want an impasse because the old contract stays in effect for another year. Our rights as officers are not protected by that old contract. Have you ever even done any research about what you're complaining about? Don't have time to do research? Too lazy to educate yourself about what you're b#%ching about like little cry babies??

Go buy some diapers and don't forget to use cream on your diaper rash. Or, better yet, take the friggin pacifier out of your mouth and STEP UP and make a change. If you think you can do a better job, vote them out. STOP COMPLAINING. You obviously are an FOP member and are unhappy about the way things are, so unite and change things.[/quote:38b0lqq7]

I didn't hear whining in the post you quoted. I heard someone making a statement saying that if you wanted something better you needed to do something about it. What diff does it make when you can't get a contract negotiated and an impasse? Either way the old contract remains. The last part of your statement is the same as the one you quoted. Sounds like you need to read something completely through instead of just the first couple of lines. :wink:

08-24-2008, 03:01 PM

Who paid their dues but weren't members? Did someone know that their dues were coming out of their paycheck but were told they weren't a member?

There were 4 whom I know so there is not telling who else had dues coming out of their paychecks and weren't covered. They are no longer members. They said if they were so unorganized to take money and not get the info in then they didn't want to belong. I also heard they held on to the Civilians dues and the paperwork didn't make it to Tallahassee.

08-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Gu

There were 4 whom I know so there is not telling who else had dues coming out of their paychecks and weren't covered. They are no longer members. They said if they were so unorganized to take money and not get the info in then they didn't want to belong. I also heard they held on to the Civilians dues and the paperwork didn't make it to Tallahassee.

Have you spoken to those 4 or do you know that for sure? Did they get into some trouble and need the coverage? If so, they could file a complaint. Also, about the Civilians.....talk to the Treasurer about that. The worst part of your statement is "I heard." From what I've seen over the years, they finally seem to have it together better then it's been in a while.

08-24-2008, 06:24 PM
[quote="Funny - not ha ha, just odd":mjxjyfse][quote="What have you done as a union?":mjxjyfse]The question is what has the FOP members done to "improve" the FOP? You don't like those in charge, all of you show up and vote them out. Find some of the "old timers" in the agency who has belonged to real FOP lodges and pick their brains. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! You can't sit back and gripe when you have nothing to gripe about. The FOP members have allowed this to go on too long. You have your Pres and his lil Sec hanging out in #1's office constantly. If they wanted a contract bad enough, a couple of months ago would have been ideal to go to impasse. You chose not to be involved. The same people over and over again show up at the meetings. It's pretty sad when the civilians who have less members have more showing up at their meetings. The civilians formed their FOP so they could get equality and fairness. They have no respect by majority of the road officers and their chief. He has proved this over and over again. If you had someone like Charlie Morris running the agency no one would need the FOP because everyone in the agency is taken care of. Let's see the civilians get 2 weeks notice they are no longer going to have a job and 2 weeks severance. Charlie Morris gives his civilians 2 MONTHS severance and then goes and gets grants and hires then all back. It's really sad when those who work for this agency are constantly crapped on. So before you whine anymore make sure YOU as a whole has done something to make improvements.

Go buy some diapers and don't forget to use cream on your diaper rash. Or, better yet, take the friggin pacifier out of your mouth and STEP UP and make a change. If you think you can do a better job, vote them out. STOP COMPLAINING. You obviously are an FOP member and are unhappy about the way things are, so unite and change things.[/quote:mjxjyfse]

I didn't hear whining in the post you quoted. I heard someone making a statement saying that if you wanted something better you needed to do something about it. What diff does it make when you can't get a contract negotiated and an impasse? Either way the old contract remains. The last part of your statement is the same as the one you quoted. Sounds like you need to read something completely through instead of just the first couple of lines. :wink:[/quote:mjxjyfse]

I apologize if you think those comments were directed to the poster. I shouldn't have quoted it. Those comments were basically for everyone. They all come on here and want to complain about things but are completely unwilling to step up themselves. They want someone to fight their fight for them and then complain about it when they don't even know what's going on. The people that are working on negotiations are putting their selves out there on the line for ALL of you. They are asking for things that we all want and are being told "no." And your wrong about the old contract......the wording is too vague and is subject to change if the Commissioners change the Civil Service Agreement. That's a big part of what they're trying to get accomplished. We could all sit around and bash them for fighting for us, but would you be willing to replace them in their roles? Go talk them about what they're doing and get back to me.

08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Gu

Have you spoken to those 4 or do you know that for sure? Did they get into some trouble and need the coverage? If so, they could file a complaint. Also, about the Civilians.....talk to the Treasurer about that. The worst part of your statement is "I heard." From what I've seen over the years, they finally seem to have it together better then it's been in a while.

Well I spoke with a couple of the civilians about it and they said it was true. The 4 didn't get in trouble thank God. The FOP came back to them with a whoops. :roll: Yes accidents happen. After talking to a couple different agencies it seems the consensus is: "If you have a fair Sheriff you don't need a union." There are plenty of agencies out there who don't have/ need FOP/PBA to get what is fairly theirs. We all know money is an issue so no sense in asking for it. The bottom line of it all is fairness. The contract for the Civilians is on their website. It's well written and it's not asking for the moon. It would be really sad if the Civilians get a contract negotiated before the Sworn/ Detention.