PDA

View Full Version : FMP SHALL RETURN 2009!

07-15-2008, 02:02 AM
Look for the return of FMP next year. The plan has finally made it to the Gov. office. No more deer on the boats, here come the good old anchors again!

07-15-2008, 03:12 AM
That would be nice!

07-15-2008, 03:25 AM
Then maybe the cowboy hats and the colonel can leave!

07-15-2008, 04:53 AM
The future is upon us...

http://www.floridamemory.com/Photograph ... g&IMGTEXT= (http://www.floridamemory.com/PhotographicCollection/displayphoto.cfm?IMGURL=http://fpc.dos.state.fl.us/park_service/FPS1103.jpg&IMGTEXT=)[Florida%20Marine%20Patrol%20officer%20with%20his%2 0vehicle]%20[graphic]&IMGTITLE=FPS1103

http://www.floridamemory.com/Photograph ... g&IMGTEXT= (http://www.floridamemory.com/PhotographicCollection/displayphoto.cfm?IMGURL=http://fpc.dos.state.fl.us/park_service/FPS1111.jpg&IMGTEXT=)[Florida%20Marine%20Patrol%20officers%20loading%20s cuba%20gear]%20[graphic]&IMGTITLE=FPS1111

07-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Look for the return of FMP next year. The plan has finally made it to the Gov. office. No more deer on the boats, here come the good old anchors again!

Not a very good rumor to start during such a difficult budget time.

07-15-2008, 12:30 PM

Not a very good rumor to start during such a difficult budget time.

Why is that?

07-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Gray & Black RULES!

07-15-2008, 04:13 PM
I heard something about this in the Lt. Gov. office, I am suprised it has leaked out though

07-16-2008, 01:33 AM
will never happen, the people of florida would have to change it by vote.

07-16-2008, 01:48 AM
i agree it wont happen,we have a better chance of getting merged into one state agency before the marine patrol come back. i think it has been gone to long,very few guys left that know the job. beside if it happened the state would just use that as another excuse not to give pay raises and i really dont want to go back to performance based budgeting,it sucked

07-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Separate the two old agencies again like Mississippi did. Let the FMP take the salt water fishing, NMF money, the recreational boating money, and start repairing the relationships with CBP and NMFS/NOAA. Let the FWC have the hunting, and management lands, fresh water fishing money. Basically pre merger.

Step back for two years and see who is underfunded or broke. The demographics of this state have changed and we need to change with them or get left behind.

07-18-2008, 03:22 AM
As much as I would like to see it happen, I doubt it will...

1) Money. With the poor budget situation, where is the money going to come from to create an FMP again?

2) The public, the Legislature and the Governor probably think FWC is the best thing since sliced bread so why change it.

The people of Florida would have to vote on nothing. They never voted to merge the Florida Marine Patrol with the GFC. They voted to merge the MFC with the GFC. The Legislature moved the FMP into the FWC.

Wishful thinking at best... But I could be wrong...

07-25-2008, 05:34 AM
Big Mistake FMP+GFC=FWC

07-25-2008, 01:11 PM
The big mistake is having old GFC personnel as the forefront in leadership for this division!

08-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I think it's a great idea to have FMP I am sooooo tired of you whinny saltwater Biatches. take a complaint once in awhile!

08-06-2008, 07:59 PM
The big mistake is having old GFC personnel as the forefront in leadership for this division!
3 Lt. Colonels are FMP...What are you talking about??? Get it straight!

08-06-2008, 08:02 PM
3 of 4 Lt. Colonels are former FMP!!! Get your facts straight!

08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
It is a waste of time, gas and money to sit on the woods for a week and wait for someone to illegally shoot a deer for a fine of $100 and most likely a withhold of adjudication. Oh yeah and not to mention aircraft usage etc. FMP was the premier agency and by now would have been the ultimate waterborn police agency nationwide. What a step back the agency has taken and it doesnt seem to be getting better. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

08-07-2008, 07:39 PM
You know what a waste of time is....Going offshore 150 to 200 miles and writing 2 warnings and checking 5 vessels. Yeah, way to go. Quit b*tchin and do your job. It's Fish and Wildlife. If you don't like it then go to the Maine Marine Patrol. Most of the people who post on this came post merger. You knew what the job was before you got here. You just lucked out and got a coastal county out of the academy. You know what you signed up for. I would love to see what you would have done if you went to Hendy or Glades county out of the academy. It's all the saltwater people who think they are better than everyone else and you never try to learn the land aspect. Let's all go out for two months straight and try to get a one gill net case that will never be prosecuted. Get a life....do your freaking job or get out!!!!

08-08-2008, 03:09 AM
You know what a waste of time is....Going offshore 150 to 200 miles and writing 2 warnings and checking 5 vessels. Yeah, way to go.

Pssst, it's called federal enforcement. We are federally deputized for a reason, but you wouldn't know that.

It's all the saltwater people who think they are better than everyone else and you never try to learn the land aspect.

I don't think that statement is true. However, saltwater is where most of the job is. From boating safety to saltwater resource enforcement, that is what most people come to florida to do. Not to mention, 75% of Florida's population is on the coast. :wink:

08-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Well, I just received this new shiny gold deputized federal agent pin. It is very nice, but the location they want us to wear looks stupid (below the badge). It takes away from the new identity badge, why not over the nameplate?