PDA

View Full Version : Officer Safety on Traffic Stop Please Help!

07-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Please do not perceive this the wrong way. I'm not trying to hand up an officer. I don't know his name or vehicle number, but I'm concerned for his safety.
Often time, I see a lone officer working radar on Sheridan, west of Flamingo. Im grateful for his efforts, but I am very concerned about his safety.
He will step right out into the lane of traffic to signal an apparent speeding vehicle to pull over. Thank GOD they do. My concern is that the motorist may be driving with head up hi as@, or worst yet, may have just committed a felony and intentionally refuses to stop. This very well intentioned officer is placing himself in harm's way and could easily be killed by being run over.
Again, I don't want him to get in trouble. Peer pressure or roll call training would maybe save a life; particularly his.
Yes, you can probably tell by this post that I am affilliated with a law enforcement agency. We are family that should look out for each other.
That is what I'm trying to do.
If I happen to offend anyone, please excuse me, but his life is more precious than a ticket. I did not want to mention time of day or call the station as I don't know how your supervisors would react.

07-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Believe it or not, that is the way our traffic unit regularly stops cars. You should see them running across three and four lanes of travel on Pines Blvd!

07-15-2008, 03:24 PM
If thats true ... thats assinine.. where is the Sgt or Lt.... its not worth ending up a hood ornament ! Officer Safety does come first. Traffic Cop.. its not worth it, believe me. Think first about your family...
Get rid of macho attitude and think safety !

07-16-2008, 08:47 PM
The Sgt. is too busy teaching the Explorer Post these same techniques. I wouldn't say "running" across three or four lanes I think waddle is the appropriate term for some of our traffic unit.