PDA

View Full Version : HEY TALLAHASSEE !!!!!!!

07-14-2008, 04:46 AM
Does anyone up there read and listen to the opinion of the officers? The ones that are in the field sweating every day. We have more or less accepted the fact that we are not going to see a pay increase for a long ,long ,long time. How about the simple things. Some may be minor things, but they would better the working conditions for us. Here are just a few in case if you are interested, forgot or maybe even care.

Tinted windows (like most vehicles in Tallahassee)

T-shirts or Polo's to work in (cooler than present uniform)

Rethink that rediclous hat (what were you thinking?)

Class B uniform not required for all off duties (like road construction,we
understand public places like grocery stores etc should require it)

07-14-2008, 04:51 AM
Better PR for the agency...get the name out there. (A NEW NAME)

Realize what is good up north does not work down south and vice versa. Example: Try wearing that hat in Miami.

ADD YOUR IDEAS GUYS

07-14-2008, 07:56 AM
Tallahassee has fostered the image for FWC Officers to that of a "Redneck Image." Embarrassing!

07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Polo-shirts are a must, are water patrol uniforms look sloppy and unprofessional and are very uncomfortable. Every other agencey in the state has some kind of polo or t shirt for patrol. I'am not even going to get started on the new hat.

07-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Cowboy hats, moustaches, short shorts, and issued white socks. I wonder if someone up there is a closet Village People fan club member.

07-14-2008, 08:32 PM
The green shorts have got to go! They remind me of the Lt. on Reno 911. Can we buy shorts that dont climb up your crotch when sitting? We look like a bunch of #@*^$)*'s!

07-15-2008, 03:11 AM
Just buy your own pair that look somewhat similar and be done with it. That is what our area did. An area command decision!

07-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Polos are a must. It was brought up in our area and all the hill guys were like "we can't wear that in the wood" Um.... okay don't. I'm issued a bugsuit that I don't wear on water patrol. I only wear it in the woods, just like we would only wear the polos on the water, seems like common sense but...