PDA

View Full Version : Agency Name

07-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Florida State Patrol

Land & Marine Law Enforcement

Florida Resource Enforcement

Add your ideas.....someone might actually care to listen.

If we had a name that described our agency more accurately as LEO's, I don't think we would have some of the confrontations with folk's that don't realize who we are, and what our authority is.

07-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission
and
Florida Marine Patrol

The experiment has failed due to the extreme differences in culture, and ethics.

07-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Florida State Patrol - We patrol the whole state and enforces all laws.

07-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Florida State Patrol - We patrol the whole state and enforces all laws.

We CAN enforce ALL laws. The powers above have made it abundantly clear that they only want what they call the CORE MISSION enforced.

07-14-2008, 04:26 AM
How about...

Florida Wildlife & Marine Patrol

"State Warden" on the vehicle fenders.

Here's Webster's definition and it fits:

Warden is Main Entry:
war·den
Pronunciation:
\ˈwȯr-dən\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English wardein, from Anglo-French wardein, gardein, from warder to guard
Date:
13th century
1: one having care or charge of something : guardian, keeper
2 a: regent 2 b: the governor of a town, district, or fortress c: a member of the governing body of a guild
3 a: an official charged with special supervisory duties or with the enforcement of specified laws or regulations <game warden> <air raid warden> b: an official in charge of the operation of a prison c: any of various British officials having designated administrative functions <warden of the mint>
4 a: one of two ranking lay officers of an Episcopal parish b: any of various British college officials whose duties range from the administration of academic matters to the supervision of student discipline proper term.

Short, Sweet, & to the point.

07-14-2008, 08:02 AM
The biggest difference will be when command staff makes the decision to replace the patch and place the new badge emblem on the patrol vehicles. That is what the public sees. Unfortunately, it will probably not happen as they have no backbone and are constantly overruled by non-sworn biologists.

07-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Short Lobster Enforcement Unit

07-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Florida Resource Enforcement Bad Idea.
State Patrol isn't bad.

Who gives a s#$%!

I'm gonna spend all shift looking at how sexy I look in my new hat case mirror. Oh, you haven't seen it yet. That's right, your new hat case comes with a fuc%^&* mirror in it. Holy hell.

07-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Short Lobster Enforcement Unit

SLEU makes us sound badass.