PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of State Attorney John Tanner?

07-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Does anyone else find that the State Attorney's Office in the 7th Judicial Circuit often refuses to file charges on good cases? I have even had to tell one ASA whether you could search a car after smelling cannabis. They are often unwilling to file charges, even when they cannot provide any specific reason. The SAO in other circuits (like Seminole) seem much more aggressive.

I think it boils down to State Attorney, John Tanner. Many people including members of the public have said it is time for a new State Attorney that will actually hold criminals accountable.

Is it time to vote Tanner out of office?

07-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Vote them all out.

07-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Only if it was that easy...

07-19-2008, 11:20 PM
I agree. Completely.

07-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Does anyone else find that the State Attorney's Office in the 7th Judicial Circuit often refuses to file charges on good cases? I have even had to tell one ASA whether you could search a car after smelling cannabis. They are often unwilling to file charges, even when they cannot provide any specific reason. The SAO in other circuits (like Seminole) seem much more aggressive.

I think it boils down to State Attorney, John Tanner. Many people including members of the public have said it is time for a new State Attorney that will actually hold criminals accountable.

It is even worse in Pinellas County where SA Bernie McCabe's Office reduced the charges from a felony to a misdemeanor on an injured Trooper who suffered a fractured spine when run over by a sig 1 driver . The reduction in charges was made in spite of the trooper's protests, and WITHOUT review of the trooper's most recent medical records documenting his permanent injuries. THESE SA's are so lazy and disrespectful that they need to be REPLACED by someone who CARES, IS ACCOUNTABLE, AND HAS CIVILITY!

Too many of the ASA's seem to think they are unaccountable for their decisions; it is time that they be held accountable:evil:

07-22-2008, 05:42 PM
There is not a way for SAO's to be accountable is there (other then to the voters)?

08-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Guess voting Tanner out is the only way!

08-03-2008, 12:52 PM

I was time 20 years ago. He is a disgrace.

08-03-2008, 12:58 PM

It is even worse in Pinellas County where SA Bernie McCabe's Office reduced the charges from a felony to a misdemeanor on an injured Trooper who suffered a fractured spine when run over by a sig 1 driver . The reduction in charges was made in spite of the trooper's protests, and WITHOUT review of the trooper's most recent medical records documenting his permanent injuries. THESE SA's are so lazy and disrespectful that they need to be REPLACED by someone who CARES, IS ACCOUNTABLE, AND HAS CIVILITY!

Too many of the ASA's seem to think they are unaccountable for their decisions; it is time that they be held accountable:evil:

When will we realize that very few people care about us. The only thing we have is each other and our familes. Our administration, the State Attorney's Office and the citizens generally don't care about us. We are someone to point fingers at. Yes, most decent people like us but most don't care about us. Ask them to pay extra taxes to give us the raise we deserve and watch how fast they decline! We are a necessary evil to most.

08-05-2008, 06:01 AM
I see the Teamsters will be endorsing RJ Larizza for the State Attorney spot. Anyone is better than Tanner.

08-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I think Tanner was a defense attorney before the SAO. I have heard RJ was as well. :cry:

08-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Not to sound cynical but it will be more of the same if there is a new SA. Just like with going from FOP to teamsters. Sounds great for a year....then afterwards more of the same....

08-13-2008, 12:15 PM
I am willing to try anything at this point. Tanner has to go!!! I wish the public could see all the cases his office refuses to file charges on. It is horrible.

08-15-2008, 05:18 AM
From the FHP forum... http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=75864

For those Troopers who live in Flager, St. Johns, Putnam or Volusia, please click here:

http://www.larizza2008.com/index.html

Those that work in those counties are certainly familiar with the current State Attorney and his antics. Take a look at the website above and see if you would like to get involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qF5_5FN0kQ

08-15-2008, 05:27 AM
The vote will be Tuesday August 26, 2008.

For those Troopers who live in Flager, St. Johns, Putnam or Volusia, please click here:

http://www.larizza2008.com/index.html

Those that work in those counties are certainly familiar with the current State Attorney and his antics. Take a look at the website above and see if you would like to get involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qF5_5FN0kQ