PDA

View Full Version : Accessing IP Addresses by Admin

MOD 1
07-11-2008, 02:51 AM
I want to put to rest the rumors of a certain lieutenant claiming to have the ability to get into LEOAFFAIRS.COM and retrieve IP addresses of posters. Quite simply, this claim is FALSE and it’s a good thing because such unauthorized access would constitute a FELONY under Florida State Statute 815.06. To back up our claims LEOAFFAIRS.COM maintains Security Logs that verify there have been No Breaches of Our System. Quite frankly, the security we have enabled is excellent! In fact, Moderators don’t even have access to IP addresses.

To date LEOAFFAIRS.COM has NEVER released any IP addresses to the Miami Police Department or any other law enforcement agency, PERIOD! Since we’ve been online for over 6 ½ years, we’re very proud of that fact. If there was a legal reason for the Miami PD or any other law enforcement agency to need or want an IP address, there is a legal procedure that they MUST follow. It would then be up to the Court System to decide if LEOAFFAIRS.COM is required to turn the IP addresses over. Although we have not had many requests for IP addresses in the past, LEOAFFAIRS.COM has won ALL legal challenges for IP addresses. It’s no secret that we even took a case to the 2nd District Court of Appeals (directly under the Florida Supreme Court) and WON, thus now being protected by the resulting case law.

In closing I ask you; if this lieutenant really had the illegal access he claims to, do you think he would be telling everyone about it? Claims by someone in a management or staff level position to have access to LEOAFFAIRS.COM IP addresses is nothing new and has been going on in one form or another for years. They want to intimidate you into not posting on this site by poisoning the well with bad information. They fail to recognize that you are law enforcement officers with investigative instincts and underestimate your ability to sniff out the truth.

You are free to post on this site with anonymity when the need arises, all the while knowing that your identity is being protected. In return, just please post within our Terms of Use.

Thanks for your support!

Mod 1 and Sysop

07-11-2008, 03:27 AM
And thank you for putting up with us.

07-11-2008, 05:39 AM
Also a certain female sgt from the 4th floor has told a few that she was obtaining ISP. This is just info, no need to reply MOD1, We thank you for your help.

The Future
07-11-2008, 05:23 PM
good to know

07-12-2008, 03:01 AM
Also a certain female sgt from the 4th floor has told a few that she was obtaining ISP. This is just info, no need to reply MOD1, We thank you for your help.What sgt in 4th floor, we have a couple

07-12-2008, 06:18 PM
The only one,other than Upset and Locke, foolish enough to follow B.K. Ms.Morin.

07-13-2008, 04:26 AM
The only one,other than Upset and Locke, foolish enough to follow B.K. Ms.Morin.SHE'S NOT THAT SMART

07-14-2008, 04:04 AM
Does this mean that the top secret computer in the 4th floor now has my ISP, damm, well your going to get a different name, I am using my neighbors wireless.