PDA

View Full Version : OMG

07-10-2008, 03:08 AM
MIRAMAR - A five-hour standoff that involved the Broward Sheriff's Office, Miramar Police, a SWAT team and hostage negotiators ended Wednesday night when authorities entered the surrounded house and found no suspect.

Several streets around the 7900 block of Biltmore Boulevard were closed during the operation, which began shortly after 4 p.m.

The Broward Sheriff's Office had begun a search in West Park for a man wanted in connection with a crime, though authorities did not release a name or description of the man. They also did not say what crime he was accused of committing.

The Sheriff's Office received a tip that the man had barricaded himself in a Miramar home, authorities said. City police and a Miramar SWAT team came to assist, a police spokesman said.

After several hours, authorities made a call to the residence. An adult female and two juveniles came out. The SWAT team immediately rushed in but did not find their man.

"We believed he was inside, but he could have left before we got there," said Miramar police spokesman Bill Robertson.

Moments later Robertson said authorities were not sure if the man had been in the house at all.

07-10-2008, 03:11 AM
I smell overtime! :lol:

07-10-2008, 03:15 AM
I heard all they found inside was IC playing Call of Duty with the kids! :shock:

07-10-2008, 05:14 AM
did they check the attic?

07-10-2008, 11:11 AM
I heard all they found inside was IC playing Call of Duty with the kids! :shock:

lol :lol:

07-10-2008, 11:42 AM
MIRAMAR, Fla. -- A dramatic scene unfolded in a Miramar neighborhood after a SWAT team surrounded a home where they said they believed an ex-con was hiding out.

Residents of the neighborhood in the 7900 block of Biltmore Boulevard were evacuated for nearly four hours Wednesday as SWAT team members moved into the home with body armor and weapons.

Investigators with the Broward Sheriff’s Office said they initially went to the home to search for a man involved in a felony case.

Detectives then received word that their suspect was inside, armed and refusing to come out.

But once inside the home, SWAT members only found a woman, Micilyn Johnson, and her two children.

Bill Robertson, a member of the Miramar Police Department, told Local 10, “The person we were looking for was not inside, but we still made entry into the home to clear the home.”

Johnson told Local 10 she had told police all along that no one else was inside. “All of this for nothing. No one was here. We were just in here playing video games. My son came out of the door and they pulled a gun on him.”

Johnson said she believes this may have something to do with a girlfriend of one of her ex-boyfriends.

Police have not said who exactly they were looking for.

Copyright 2008 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistribute

07-10-2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.local10.com/news/16839898/detail.html

07-13-2008, 05:29 AM
I want to say thanks to all the swat members who responded so quickly to back BSO up the other day and keep our city safe while doing so. This required some personnel to stay past their shift and a call out of the Swat team so thanks to all of you!