PDA

View Full Version : New Menu

07-09-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't live in your county but I was watching the news and just saw the new menu that Polk County Jail is going to try out to save money. I think this is a GREAT idea! Why should the people who work for the sheriff's office take a pay cut and inmates who break the law eat better than some citizens. I hope other counties look at this plan and serve inmates the same thing.

Be Safe Out There!!!!

07-10-2008, 02:45 AM
I was so pleased to hear that prisoners are being given food for thought. i.e. Think about what you are not eating and get out of jail and stay out. As a taxpayer maybe our money is being used for better purposes than to feed the criminals. the downside the ACLU or the NAACP will be *****ing about their inhumane treatment. Too Damned Bad.............. :D 8) Hey Sheriff Grady when do you cut out TV and other perks???? Good work.....

07-10-2008, 11:05 AM
What about the fact that 50% of your inmates have not been found guilty of ANY crime and are simply awaiting their day in court? You canot lable them criminals until convicted, unless you are for some new system in our country?

Wake up Sheriff

07-10-2008, 11:35 AM
are you kidding me? where are you getting your numbers from? most people in jail for any length of time are in for a vop or vop hearing. that means they've already been convicted or pled out to a crime. only very serious offenses can be held without bond past arraignment.

if they are in the jail long enough to eat a few meals then a judge has already reviewed the case and ruled there is probable cause to support the charge.

jail is not meant to be fun. it's purpose is to suck on every level so people don't want to return.

07-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Kick a$$, sheriff Judd ... good job! Jail SHOULD suck! Don't let the criticizing of some of these morons like the "citizen 911" turd above stop you! Woooooo hooooooooo ... the menu looks really yummy! LMAO!

07-10-2008, 03:11 PM
why does it matter if they have been convicted or not does that give them the choice of better food "not" they are in jail

07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
What about the fact that 50% of your inmates have not been found guilty of ANY crime and are simply awaiting their day in court? You canot lable them criminals until convicted, unless you are for some new system in our country?

Wake up Sheriff 50% are guilty of riding the line so close that they caught in the net. Normal people following the laws of society are not sitting in jail awaiting trial. If you don't like the menu keep your damn nose clean. Hurrah for Judd........... Too many bleeding heart liberal pukes in this world........ :shock:

07-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Good deal about time..Sheriff Apaio in AZ has been doing this for years. Wanna eat good? stay outta jail. Of course some of these people get arrested to eat....how sad. Now if you will excuse me, I need to get back to my sauteed chicken in italian tomato sauce garnish with steamed spinach, oh, and my ice cold beverage...

07-12-2008, 04:34 AM
I don't care if they are "found" guilty or not. Many, Many times suspects get away with comitting a crime (i.e. found innocent) even though they DID do it. In my opinion, concerning the overwhelmingly majority of the suspects in jail, if they are there they deserve to be in jail. I've been in LE for over 10 years and I can count on one hand the number of people I've arrested (that I KNEW were guilty) and admitted to being guilty.

-someone check my spelling-

07-12-2008, 01:17 PM
wow 10 years and you can count them all on one hand....maybe you should try another line of work because based on your own statement you are not very good at this one.

07-13-2008, 07:59 PM
wow 10 years and you can count them all on one hand....maybe you should try another line of work because based on your own statement you are not very good at this one.

I believe what the person meant in the post for which this is the reply that out of all the people he arrested only 10 ADMITTED to being guilty.... not sure how you perceived his post but I do believe he meant that they ARE guilty whether they deny it or ADMIT to it.

07-14-2008, 01:21 AM

I believe what the person meant in the post for which this is the reply that out of all the people he arrested only 10 ADMITTED to being guilty.... not sure how you perceived his post but I do believe he meant that they ARE guilty whether they deny it or ADMIT to it.

And your the one who needs the DUHH... if youve been working here 10 years and youve only had one hand worth (thats 5 in my world but hey what do I know) that admitted to being guitly your obviously not doing something right. I stand by the find another line of work, but hey you probably have 3 masters degrees... I will now bow to your overwelming knowledge and skills oh wise one. Either way back on point...I agree with the point, if you dont like the menu..stay out of the diner.

07-14-2008, 03:59 AM
I posted the above post and duhh is right. I do offer my apologies for the unclear post tho.

As far as guest's response goes: I work on P/C. When it is there, I make the arrest (or c/a) and send it up. If I get a confession that's great but I don't sweat one. I am too busy looking to get back out on the road and do my job.

Anytime you want to compare LEO resumes/accomplishments feel free.

Also feel free to go back to your cubicle and stamp some envelopes....I'll be back on patrol.

07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
ok children lets play nice or i'll take away you pbj sammich

07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
folks why are we getting so pissy about who arrests who or how many the thing is if you go to jail,,,,,, YOU DONT GET steak and eggs or a subway sandwich,,,, you get fed and your day in court where does it say the 10-15s get to eat better then us......................................

07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Umm, where to begin...ah yes. Citizen911 - if it is true that in 10 yrs of being a cop, you have only secured confessions 5 or less times, one of two things (or both i suspect) are happening:

-you suck as a cop because you don't make many arrests OR
-you suck as a cop because you have no interviewing techniques

Either way, you pretty much admitted in your first post that you suck as a cop

07-17-2008, 03:19 AM
1 cop 2 another:

I appreciate the attention. But I regret to inform you that I am happily married and have no interest in your advances.

You ARE making some type of sexual advances, RIGHT?

Because otherwise, I would have to think that you are one of those idiotic, GED sporting, 2 liter Pepsi sipping, backwoods, 14 sandwich eating Polk county natives that cannot put together a cohesive paragraph in order to convey your opinion.

Stay safe.