PDA

View Full Version : Employment

07-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone,

Im a Poilce Officer in the Miami Bch area and I am looking to relocate, lucky for me I have a home around mile marker 78 so thank god I have a place to live. Anyways I just completed your prelimary app online and was wondering how many opening's do you have, and whats the chances of getting a good zone or a get the zone you reside in.??

Thanks in advance and stay safe guys..

07-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Sir, Ma'am,
Please do yourself a favor, stay where your at.... Not that we would not want you, this place sucks..... We are all trying to get out of this place, your better off where your at. Good luck....

07-11-2008, 10:32 PM
If i were you, I would withdraw your application.. You DONT want to suffer the way we do down here. Most everyone that works here is trying to go North! Everyone here is pretty much miserable.. Save yourself the aggravation. TRUST ME!! Stay safe out there...

10-18-2008, 02:33 AM
Come on down...these subjects that post do not know what its like to bust thier hump like you guys do up there... we have a better mortality rate then up there --thats for sure! Cost of living is the worst thing sooooo if you have a house..then your set. You also live in middle point of choosing marathon, islamorada or Key Largo without the drive killing you... if Money is no problem then come on down... that what most officers have an issue with since the County administrator totally screwed up our county budget and now we are all paying the price!!
The weather is great and your not getting shot at everyday.... come on down!!
You sound mature enough to stay clear of gossip and the bad apples....

10-18-2008, 01:50 PM
They will assign you wherever they need you, you can request to work in a certain sector, If you don't get it right away you can transfer later. ( I think they waited two years tho ) I know several guys that have done that. You'll get a take home car as it stands now, for use on and off duty though which is a great little benefit. I can't be sure what will happen after the election. I know that all of the positions in sectors 4/5 are filled. I can't speak for sectors 6/7.

Good luck! :wink:

10-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Actually, yes, we get a take home car. BUT, now they can only be used ON duty! They aren't to be driven off duty, unless you have a detail or court.