PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff

07-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Frist of all I would like to thank all the Deputies that work their A#$ off for PISS POOR wages!!!! To the Sheriff and Col, and all the admin types that make very high wages, SHAME on you!!!!!! Please please please, stand down and do something else!!!!!! You have messed things up so bad, you have screwed up so many lives by all of your false promises..... You have taken a great agancy and made it into a hell hole for people to work. How does it make you guys feel knowing your Deputies hate to come to work? How does it make you feel to know that a big handful of your Deputies are broke? Does it make you sleep good at night knowing that your Deputies are living below poverty level.... You all should be ashamed, your Deputies, a lot of them have to live outside of the county and have to put in 14 15 hour days because of travel time from Dade.... I have worked here for nearly 5 years and have seen this agency fall each and every day... How many positions within the department really need to be there? What can you do to cut other positions rather then screw the Deputies that work so hard... Moral is very low...... Are you guys running around with blinders on or what ..... I hope that when the Sheriff leaves the Col goes with him... I hope that Capt BP, comes in and cleans house!!! We need it... What kind of protection are you giving the people of monroe county when this agency has such a high turn over... This agancy is truly the laughing stock of the State of Florida..... Sheriff, you really should leave now, how can you screw your Deputies like this and sleep at night???? I can't believe this..... What lies did you tell the public to keep getting elected over and over again.... Wow, how does it feel to know that you are the joke of the State of Florida.... Look at all of the other S.O's in the state, look at all the Sheriff's in the state, how does it feel to know that they think your a JOKE....... And the Col, what do you have against the sheriff to be in the position your in now????? Col, please leave, please stop the madness you and the Sheriff have caused.... You, also Col, are a JOKE..... All your Deputies talk behind your back and think you and the Sheriff are a joke...... Please CUT your $100,000 plus a year salary in HALF and share the wealth with the folks that really need it.... It's nice to know you and the Sheriff have these really nice houses, (yours on the water) and most of your Deputies can't afford a single wide trailer, or have to have roomates or live outside the county. You both need to step down. I wonder if the Gov of Florida knows how things are going here... Maybe someone should contact the Gov office and see if maybe they can audit this agency... Maybe someone should contact the Press or a news agancy ( outside news or press of course)!!!! I think it's a good idea that they are contacted... We put our life on the line each and everyday for under $40K, most don't even make $38K, and have been here for years... Where is the FOP????? Wat the F$%K is going on here, how come your not here for us!!!!! Good luck to Capt BP, You need to clean house when you get in, everyone I have talk to wants you as Sheriff, please take care of us, we will work our A%^ off for you Capt!!!! Everyone, please stand up for your rights, know that the current chain of command is not here for you at all.... Love you all, be safe and lets take back this agency NOW, it's ours, we work for the people of MONROE COUNTY, not the Sheriff or the Col.... It's all ours......... PEACE!!!

07-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Letters already sent the the Miami Herald, Key Noter, The citizen.........also, sent email to the Lt Governer today in reference to the way the agency is working.

07-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Letters already sent the the Miami Herald, Key Noter, The citizen.........also, sent email to the Lt Governer today in reference to the way the agency is working.

I sent the same letter to all the above as i posted in the "morale" post. Be safe fellow brothers.

07-09-2008, 10:45 PM
To any MCSO deputies on here that work midnight shift. Would you be willing to print a few of these posts out ("Morale" and "Sheriff") and put them in the free press boxes thoughout Sec 7? If not, I will.

07-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Lets do it!!!!! Matter of fact, let all the people of Monroe county know about this web site. Lets hear what they have to say..... I hope that everyone on the department logs on and post here!!!! Be safe Brothers and sisters....

07-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Lets do it!!!!! Matter of fact, let all the people of Monroe county know about this web site. Lets hear what they have to say..... I hope that everyone on the department logs on and post here!!!! Be safe Brothers and sisters....

Does anyone have any ideas how to pass out this website to the citizens, unless we drop them off in front of their houses during the night like they do the paper.

08-04-2008, 01:04 PM
You can leave little flyers asking for citizens to read this post and help get the Sheriff out of office and get a new one in there. I am trying to get hired on there but not sure if I want to now knowing what is going on. I can live cheap and easy and dont mind living out of county as long as I get a take home to commute back and forth. I hope this helps with any ideas you might have. You can also tell citizens as you speak with them with this address on a card or something. When doing community policing tell people about the web site also.

08-11-2008, 08:01 AM
i hope the right person gets in the sheriff spot. this being here about 5 years and still making less than 40K per year blows. I could be a rookie in Miami and make more than that. I know I will work more for my money but at the end of the pay cycle, its all about putting food on the table for your family.

08-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Straight the "f" up!!!! MDPD starting $44K, after OT, $60K, same with most other agencies in Dade County

09-29-2008, 11:49 PM
You talk about how this agency is a joke in the State of Florida. You are the joke and your unprofessionalism makes all of the officers in Monroe County look like we are all as disgruntled as you --and that is not the case!!!! Not all us got into this job for the money. And to be direct -I make decent money--but I do not do this job for the money. If you are unhappy, do not like it, then leave. Be the bigger person and just apply & leave. It is that simple. Do not ruin it for other people or officers that may want to come here and work. I am not saying I agree with all decisions or policies, however, I do not recall any job I ever had where I liked every single aspect of the company.

Now for the Money issue and command staff's private assets: I recall when the whole union started this 'wonderful" pay plan and everyone thought it was so wonderful Well guess what, for those of you that wanted the Union, YOUR UNION should be fighting for you. I realize it is easier to blame those you do not like but you are completely off base if you think the Command staff does not 'want' to give the employee's a raise..bottom line is the COUNTY does not have the money and continues to cut the budget.
We should all be pointing the blame at the county administrator who put ALL of us in this position and got a parachute package for him to leave. I own my home, not because I make so much money but because I bought when the time was right. I would not be able to afford a home right now either. However, if you calculate the Sheriff's age and when he bought his house, come on, how much do you think he spent? As for Colonel Ramsay, he started out just like the rest of us. Your going to begrudge someone for promoting and bettering themselves or being smart enough to purchase a house when the market was prime?

I guess you were too busy 'blogging' and complaining to search for good real estate deals.

What is stopping you from taking a promotional exam, promoting, and earning more money? Oh, I see, it is easier to sit back and do not even try and complain about how unfair life has treated you! You need to grow up and be responsible for your own actions, quit placing blame everywhere else.

Have you not watched the news and see the "budget" issues are affecting everyone? Do all of us officers a favor who love our job, and do it for the "RIGHT" reasons and go to Miami Dade and earn your 60k, end up divorced because you are never home as your too busy working overtime to make the big dollars and then see how much alimony and/or child support will cost you. Last time I checked, Monroe County does not have "Nearly" the stress or Officer involved shootings that Miami Dade does.
Here is the link in case your too lazy to look for that as well: http://www.miamidade.gov/mdpd/careers-officer.asp#application
The risk is on every street in this state...however let me refresh your memory and tell you why those Miami Dade officers make money they make....
....One Dead, One Injured In Police-Involved Shooting - Miami News ...One Dead, One Injured In Police-Involved Shooting. POSTED: 8:48 am EDT September 23, 2008. UPDATED: 10:27 am EDT September 24, 2008. MIAMI -- One person is ...

Miami-Dade Police Officer Shot By Fellow Officer - Miami News ...UPDATED: 8:37 am EDT September 27, 2008. SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. -- Miami-Dade police detectives are investigating a police-involved shooting that left a ...

One Dead, One In Hospital After Police-Involved Shooting - News ...24, 2008. Police are investigating after a police-involved shooting and car crash in southwest Miami-Dade that left one man dead and another in the hospital ...

Miami-Dade Police Search For Gunmen In Robbery-Homicide - Local ...Jul 21, 2008 ... Miami-Dade Police Department is investigating a shooting, which resulted in a ... One Dead, One In Hospital After Police-Involved Shooting ...

Police Involved Shooting In North Miami - Truveo Video SearchBank Robbery Suspect Shot By Miami-Dade Police 6/8/06 Noon Miami-Dade Police swarm a Miami Gardens intersection after a police involved shooting. ...
Police-Involved-Shooting-In-North-Miami/id/3208350598 - 64k - Cached - Similar pages
Gunman in killing of Miami-Dade police officer was shielded by ...

Sep 15, 2007 ... Long before Shawn Labeet took the life of a Miami-Dade police officer, he stole a Jacksonville ... Officer-Involved Shootings Resources ...
http://www.policeone.com/...shootings/. ... -identit.. (http://www.policeone.com/...shootings/.../1354694-Gunman-in-killing-of-Miami-Dade-police-officer-was-shielded-by-stolen-identit..). - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

1 dead, 1 hurt in Southwest Dade police shooting - 09/23/2008 ...Sep 23, 2008 ... Two men were shot, one fatally, Tuesday morning by Miami-Dade police during a traffic stop and brief chase in Southwest Miami-Dade.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breakin ... 97628.html (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/697628.html) - 53k - Cached - Similar pages
Two Officer Involved Shootings have Miami-Dade Police ...One man is shot by police near Homestead, a second man is shot near 65th Avenue ... 2008 Miami-Dade Police are investigating TWO officer involved shootings ...
http://www.topix.com/city/tamiami-fl/20 ... estigating (http://www.topix.com/city/tamiami-fl/2008/07/two-officer-involved-shootings-have-miami-dade-police-investigating) -

9/23/2008 9:05:12 AM. One person is dead and another injured following a police-involved shooting in Southwest Miami-Dade County. ...

outside.in - shootings in Allapattah, Miami FLPolice have identified the woman killed in a police-involved shooting Thursday

I Wish you, and anyone else who are so unhappy the best of luck in your new ventures and hope your happier wherever you choose to go.

09-30-2008, 06:39 PM
You talk about how this agency is a joke in the State of Florida. You are the joke and your unprofessionalism makes all of the officers in Monroe County look like we are all as disgruntled as you --and that is not the case!!!! Not all us got into this job for the money. And to be direct -I make decent money--but I do not do this job for the money. If you are unhappy, do not like it, then leave. Be the bigger person and just apply & leave. It is that simple. Do not ruin it for other people or officers that may want to come here and work. I am not saying I agree with all decisions or policies, however, I do not recall any job I ever had where I liked every single aspect of the company.

Now for the Money issue and command staff's private assets: I recall when the whole union started this 'wonderful" pay plan and everyone thought it was so wonderful Well guess what, for those of you that wanted the Union, YOUR UNION should be fighting for you. I realize it is easier to blame those you do not like but you are completely off base if you think the Command staff does not 'want' to give the employee's a raise..bottom line is the COUNTY does not have the money and continues to cut the budget.
We should all be pointing the blame at the county administrator who put ALL of us in this position and got a parachute package for him to leave. I own my home, not because I make so much money but because I bought when the time was right. I would not be able to afford a home right now either. However, if you calculate the Sheriff's age and when he bought his house, come on, how much do you think he spent? As for Colonel Ramsay, he started out just like the rest of us. Your going to begrudge someone for promoting and bettering themselves or being smart enough to purchase a house when the market was prime?

I guess you were too busy 'blogging' and complaining to search for good real estate deals.

What is stopping you from taking a promotional exam, promoting, and earning more money? Oh, I see, it is easier to sit back and do not even try and complain about how unfair life has treated you! You need to grow up and be responsible for your own actions, quit placing blame everywhere else.

Have you not watched the news and see the "budget" issues are affecting everyone? Do all of us officers a favor who love our job, and do it for the "RIGHT" reasons and go to Miami Dade and earn your 60k, end up divorced because you are never home as your too busy working overtime to make the big dollars and then see how much alimony and/or child support will cost you. Last time I checked, Monroe County does not have "Nearly" the stress or Officer involved shootings that Miami Dade does.
Here is the link in case your too lazy to look for that as well: http://www.miamidade.gov/mdpd/careers-officer.asp#application
The risk is on every street in this state...however let me refresh your memory and tell you why those Miami Dade officers make money they make....
....One Dead, One Injured In Police-Involved Shooting - Miami News ...One Dead, One Injured In Police-Involved Shooting. POSTED: 8:48 am EDT September 23, 2008. UPDATED: 10:27 am EDT September 24, 2008. MIAMI -- One person is ...

Miami-Dade Police Officer Shot By Fellow Officer - Miami News ...UPDATED: 8:37 am EDT September 27, 2008. SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. -- Miami-Dade police detectives are investigating a police-involved shooting that left a ...

One Dead, One In Hospital After Police-Involved Shooting - News ...24, 2008. Police are investigating after a police-involved shooting and car crash in southwest Miami-Dade that left one man dead and another in the hospital ...

Miami-Dade Police Search For Gunmen In Robbery-Homicide - Local ...Jul 21, 2008 ... Miami-Dade Police Department is investigating a shooting, which resulted in a ... One Dead, One In Hospital After Police-Involved Shooting ...

Police Involved Shooting In North Miami - Truveo Video SearchBank Robbery Suspect Shot By Miami-Dade Police 6/8/06 Noon Miami-Dade Police swarm a Miami Gardens intersection after a police involved shooting. ...
Police-Involved-Shooting-In-North-Miami/id/3208350598 - 64k - Cached - Similar pages

Sep 15, 2007 ... Long before Shawn Labeet took the life of a Miami-Dade police officer, he stole a Jacksonville ... Officer-Involved Shootings Resources ...
http://www.policeone.com/...shootings/. ... -identit.. (http://www.policeone.com/...shootings/.../1354694-Gunman-in-killing-of-Miami-Dade-police-officer-was-shielded-by-stolen-identit..). - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

1 dead, 1 hurt in Southwest Dade police shooting - 09/23/2008 ...Sep 23, 2008 ... Two men were shot, one fatally, Tuesday morning by Miami-Dade police during a traffic stop and brief chase in Southwest Miami-Dade.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breakin ... 97628.html (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/697628.html) - 53k - Cached - Similar pages
Two Officer Involved Shootings have Miami-Dade Police ...One man is shot by police near Homestead, a second man is shot near 65th Avenue ... 2008 Miami-Dade Police are investigating TWO officer involved shootings ...
http://www.topix.com/city/tamiami-fl/20 ... estigating (http://www.topix.com/city/tamiami-fl/2008/07/two-officer-involved-shootings-have-miami-dade-police-investigating) -

9/23/2008 9:05:12 AM. One person is dead and another injured following a police-involved shooting in Southwest Miami-Dade County. ...

outside.in - shootings in Allapattah, Miami FLPolice have identified the woman killed in a police-involved shooting Thursday

I Wish you, and anyone else who are so unhappy the best of luck in your new ventures and hope your happier wherever you choose to go.

you must be either a sgt or above to post some stupid stuff like that. we should have a sheriff that we do not HAVE TO fight with to get money PERIOD. Also, this county DOES have money, it is just being poorly spent and managed. Also, yes i agree state wide counties are hurting but they are still PAYING their officer OVERTIME, unless they specify they want comp time. Just like Ken Davis said before. We have lost hundrends of officer because of our pay instead of trying to keep them. How many millions of dollars do we waste per year when officers leave to Miami Dade or other REAL depts in Dade County, and we supposly dont have ANY money at all to pay road deps for overtime? what about the record clerks in kw that got paid overtime to stay?????????? most people dont know about that, but it is true. So Mr. poster, why should anyone that wants to buy a house and live the american dream, stay and work in a dept that is not going to make that dream come true. An officer could go to a little hole in the wall dept in dade county and make more than we do here. the ONLLY benift we get here is a take home car. Well, just about any other dept in dade county has that same benift and then some. food for thought.

09-30-2008, 06:40 PM

you must be either a sgt or above to post some stupid stuff like that. we should have a sheriff that we do not HAVE TO fight with to get money PERIOD. Also, this county DOES have money, it is just being poorly spent and managed. Also, yes i agree state wide counties are hurting but they are still PAYING their officer OVERTIME, unless they specify they want comp time. Just like Ken Davis said before. We have lost hundrends of officer because of our pay instead of trying to keep them. How many millions of dollars do we waste per year when officers leave to Miami Dade or other REAL depts in Dade County, and we supposly dont have ANY money at all to pay road deps for overtime? what about the record clerks in kw that got paid overtime to stay?????????? most people dont know about that, but it is true. So Mr. poster, why should anyone that wants to buy a house and live the american dream, stay and work in a dept that is not going to make that dream come true. An officer could go to a little hole in the wall dept in dade county and make more than we do here. the ONLLY benift we get here is a take home car. Well, just about any other dept in dade county has that same benift and then some. food for thought.

10-14-2008, 02:38 AM
This is not a direct response to your question but a response in order to get things done. Change is on the horizon, it is up to you to get you and your fellow deputies to vote. There is no way that the Sheriff or Colonel are going anywhere at this point in time. It will be up to the newly elected Sheriff to determine who stays and who goes where, but regardless of what decisions are made the new Sheriff will attempt to do right. Now the reason for this post is to help you pass on information because it seems you have issues with the department, it is not a bad thing because they seem like legitimate issues. You have to stress to your partners and co workers that voting for the best change is what needs to take place in November.

Bob Peryam is the person for the job for a number of reasons. Those reasons include the following:

He has been here long enough to know what problems need to be addressed and has the knowledge how to fix those problems.

Captain Peryam has continued to give money back to Marathon by balancing a budget and not exceeding it. This is good because even though the county commission refuses to give you money for a raise, the Sheriff can if he has excess money in his/her own budget.

He is not a bubba, anyone around here long enough knows that he does not make the administration happy all the time. Fact remains that he continues to do his job above and beyond and is the reason he is kept where he is at. The Sheriff can't afford to lose a person of his stature that does his job, has loyal deputies, saves money, and provides more service to his community then any of his opponents.

You may not like his decision but he will look you in the eye and tell you. If cordially asked he may even explain his reasoning for the decison being made.

Captain Peryam has a lengthy list of endorsements and since your a deputy the two most important endorsements to you should be your union. I recognize that you have two unions in your sheriff's department and though I do not know which one represents you, they both endorsed. When contract time comes this will benefit you in the long run. (an individual made a response that a union should fight for you, why fight when you can maintain a positive relationship and work towards getting what you deserve. Knowing Captain Peryam he will attend your negotiation meetings unlike your current Sheriff.)

Ken Davis is a long time federal employee who does not know the in and outs of this unique community. He says that not having ties is beneficial. How could this be beneficial? We all know how unique the operations and area that is worked in this community, it is vital to have knowledge of this Sheriff's Office and area. Captain Peryam has this with 28 years experience.

Ken Davis had a unlimited budget working for the Federal Government. Even if he had one he could always depend on being bailed out!

You alone can help this change happen, spread the word and encourage others to vote for Bob Peryam.