PDA

View Full Version : County Employment

07-09-2008, 04:20 AM
On behalf of the citizens of Lee County I want to thank the Fort Myers Police Department for training so many of our new employees. They bring vast experience and training to my agency that will surely help the citizens of Lee County. So far so many former FMPD officers have come to my agency, and the list grows each day with so many more putting in applications. I also want to thank you for the buy out, and I encourage each FMPD officer who opts to take the buy out to apply with my agency. We will have plenty of openings for you and your experience. Thanks to the FMPD because we don't have to pay for anyone to go to the academy for at least a year, and we welcome your officers with open arms. By the way, how many people have left the county to work for the city? If you can find someone please let me know because I will be more than happy to give them an application to come back to work for us. I still don't know why so many of your officers want to work for us after building their tenure and relationships with the city. Can someone please fill me in as to why so many FMPD cops want to work for us?

07-09-2008, 05:58 AM
I think one of the reasons is the FMPD uniform is outdated. The light blue stripe on the leg needs to go. We look like Lee Memorial Hospital Security with that stupid stripe. I hope the new Chief will opt to get rid of the stripe, saving money on fabric at the same time. Secondly, Green is in right now. The world is going green. You see it on TV, newspapers, etc. Hell, even the Incredible Hulk is sharing the limelight because he is green. So I believe that is definitely a factor. Alright, enough kidding around, let's get to the meat and potatoes....

Another reason people are flocking to where the grass is greener on the other side of the fence (pardon the pun), is because LCSO has awesome leadership and camraderie. For example, the bank robbery on Metro the other day, if that happened in the county, Mike Scott would have been right there on TV, praising his troops for a job well done, and warning Lee County residents that if you rob banks in Lee County, you will get caught, and you will pay the price.

What did we get? Crickets....FMPD admin, wake up!!! If this was private industry, we'd be bankrupt. You guys are running this place into a sand bar. And why??? We have the talent to be #1. We have good officers here who want to come to work everyday with a smile on thier faces, and want to make a difference. What happens? They get dinged for minor offenses, chastized for being "too agressive". By the same supervisors who push stats, put pressure on them about "Compstat" and crunching UCR numbers. And Compstat...don't get me started on this subject...

Compstat, in my opinion is the worst thing that ever happened to this agency. How can you divide the city into 6 different sections and expect everyone to be on the same page??? You can't, it doesn't work. It may be a great tool for tracking crime, and manpower placement, but it creates animosity between Wards, fudging of numbers, and the "Glad it wasn't in my Ward mentality". Heck, I've even heard Lt's say that in briefing, or razzing another Lt. because it happened in his Ward and not his.

Then, to add insult to injury, we have the coffee mug salesman making sexist remarks to the news-press about why we have so many female officers at our agency. He stated, "We are trying to be a more sensitive agency". Why? Because we hire females? How about saying this, "We hire female officers because they can do the job...period". Then he adds, "Back in the day, we had officers that would just go out and get the job done". What??? We dont get the job done anymore??? Tell that to the officers who jumped into an Alligator infested lake and arrested a bank robber minutes after the robbery. It's no wonder why this guy is the FMPD photographer and not the Spokesperson for the agency.

OK, I'll get off my soap box now and go put air in my bike tire. You guys and gals know I'm right...Hang in there, I hear everyday, "It's gonna get better". OK...I come to work everyday with a smile on my face...whether I go home with one, well...that's different story...STAY ALIVE! BE SAFE

07-09-2008, 03:39 PM
EXCELLENT_period.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Crime is up folks, and this trend will continue to rise. Why you ask? Well, one reason that everyone will agree with is the falling economy. We could probably use this excuse for another year or so, but I believe one of the reasons why crime will continue to rocket is that the governments of all branches caters to the criminals on the streets and in the prison systems. We have the Human Rights Activist continuously speaking out for these criminals. These criminals have all the amenities such as televisions, exercise equipments, library, computers and all the time to lounge around and do absolutely nothing. This sounds more like a vacation resort then a prison.

Criminals seem to have more rights then the individuals in our society who abide by the law. Criminals don’t seem to mind being sent to prisons because they receive free room and board, clothes, food, medical care, and dental work. And who is paying for all of this? Each and every one of us who pays taxes every year, yes YOU! Criminals spend a few years in prison and then release to commit more crimes. It’s just a matter of time when these felons take someone’s life, possibly yours.

The government needs to look at other countries that have small population of prisoners and ask them how they treat their criminals. My guess is that they don’t provide amenities to their prisoners. They make their prisoners stay in their jail cells all day long with little or no contact with other people. If we did this…there would be a lot less repeat offenders in our country.

Relax, Human Rights Activist, do not get bent out of shape. I do not ever see our government doing such a thing. Our government will continue to cater to these criminals in your honor. I will pray for you and hope these animals that plague our society will not attack, shoot, rape, or abduct and terrorize one of your love ones.

I predict that there will be more prisons in the United States then schools in the future. What is our government doing to stop this madness? Absolutely nothing! So you see the road patrols are essential to our well being. They are the back bone to every agency in our country; they are the FIRST RESPONDERS, who protects us from these repeat offenders. This is a reality check to all of the a** kissing supervisors in your agency. Continue to make excuses for your unjust treatment toward your road patrol officers. Continue to tell your officers to go else where if they are unhappy with your agency. Believe it or not, that is exactly what they are doing. With the buy outs approaching and rookies leaving to find better agencies, my prediction will be that Admin will have a crisis to deal with in the near future.

THE TRUTH PLEASE :twisted: :twisted:

07-10-2008, 03:28 AM
i have been on both sides of Law Enforcement, corrections and the road and that was well said.

07-11-2008, 12:42 AM
:devil: I would like to start a pole, if you were to leave and apply elsewhere, which agency would that be and why would you want to leave FMPD? I am curious to how many people would consider leaving to go to other agencies.

07-11-2008, 02:39 AM
The list why to leave is eternal. Go back just 2 or 3 years and see the harshness , the unfairness, the unecessary resignations ,terminations etc., Then go back the same 2 or 3 years and count the incidents of dicipline double standards ,chronyism, nepotism,unfair promotions, people hired that were fired elsewhere for the same crap you force them out here for. Some were fired here and rehired??!!!!People here were fired for less. Make sense of that!, some were fired 2x, some left 3x get rehired ,get promoted and details etc. Are you following this?
This place doesnt have an administration ,it has regimes like third world countries, .people, good people are made to "disappear" one way or another for the slightest reasons blown up to suit their agenda.
Any agency from Sarasota to Collier either gets paid more or the same without this level of in house stress,and admin masochism. Are the other agencies perfect,? no, but this place is the worst, we know it ,other agencies know it,The transients on 41 know it.
I'm afraid due to its structure and history,it is incapable of change.

07-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey guest, what is a pole??? Did you mean poll? You must be an international college grad

07-16-2008, 04:20 AM
The pole I was referring to is the long slender object that you dance on to entertain Hiltie. :devil:

08-26-2008, 03:43 PM
False arrest leads to Lee County K-9 officer's firing

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080825/NEWS01/80825082/1085/NEWS0110