PDA

View Full Version : PETE WEAVER

07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
This guy has done so much for this agency and has done so much for its officers and has never been recgonized for this.

Pubien gets officer of the year because she hung out with HOA members and put together meetings for these idiots. Wasnt that her job assignment? Isnt that what she was supposed to do? I came to work everyday this year on time. I better get officer of the year next year for that. What a freaking joke.

Weaver is alone in that unit and look at what hes accomplished. We have tasers, we have rifles, we have better FTO's, we have a newly designed FTO program, were getting new holsters with flashlights, he puts together 3 week post academy training, he helps with investigating gangs (not in his job discription), he got us better, lighter ballistic resistent vests. These are only a few of the things that hes done over the last couple of years. Hes a member of the SWAT Team and with all of this, he still manages to find time to help out the officers when needed.

All of this and he finally got a newer car (WOW). Awesome way to recognize a guy that truly puts all into this department. For freak sake, a certain captain just kicked pete out of his office because SHE wanted a bigger one. So, now hes in a hole in the wall.

Pete, the only problem I have with you was getting the Blair brothers hired here. Both are terrified and are a serious officer safety concern. Nice guys but they are terrified and have no business being police officers, especially in this city. One refuses to even come into central and the other, wow, I have never seen someone as scared as him.

Other then that, You are the man. Even though our administration doesnt care for you or your unit, we the officers have your support and respect you to the fullest.

07-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Don't call b blair scared. He is willing to throw down any time. b just doesnt get caught up with bs arrests and chasing 57 all day like a mindless 57 robot. he gets the job done and he gets it done right. while you are out chasing 57 and getting your bs cases declined, b is doing his job the right way. s is just scurred.

07-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Don't call b blair scared. He is willing to throw down any time. b just doesnt get caught up with bs arrests and chasing 57 all day like a mindless 57 robot. he gets the job done and he gets it done right. while you are out chasing 57 and getting your bs cases declined, b is doing his job the right way. s is just scurred.

B Blair has only been a cop 3 months and s blair 2 months.....if i had to use a scared scale, 1-10 with 10 being the most scared, s blair would be a 10 and b blair a 6.8.....

s blair needs to quit before he gets a real cop killed.

BACK the the initial post......Weaver, hands down, you are one of the best that we have...thanks for everything that you have done for us...stay true

07-08-2008, 01:48 AM
When it comes to officers, P Weaver has done more than anyone else. He never says no when it comes to helping others and never asks for anything in return. Hes a cops cop and will always be one of the most respected within this agency.

How hes been passed up for Officer of the Year three years in a row is beyond me. Its sick. Every unit around here has mulitple players. Not training. The most valuable unit only has 1. Pete Weaver. Thats it. And I must say that hes done amazing things over the last couple years. He did all of these things by himself.

Pete, you got my respect.

07-08-2008, 04:28 AM
I dont need to read a blog to know how dedicated and talanted Weaver is. He's a damn good cop who actually cares about his people. Thats a rarity around here.

Now, if he would actually study for the sgt exam.................

Vic Makey
07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
How dare any of you write the comments about Pubien and the Blair Brothers like that? She was written up for an award and an awards committee chose her above everyone else. The shame is on the first line supervision for not taking the time to put pen on paper and write other deserving candidates for that or other awards. Pubien’s supervisor took her time to write her officer up for an award … Good for her and maybe the points of anger should not be on Pubien but focused on those who could have taken the time to support officers under their charge. Don’t believe me speak with anyone on the awards committee and ask how many officers were actually put up for awards … not many! Congrats Pubien!

As for the Blair Brothers why would you even put those feelings onto a website and make those kinds of comments. Shame on you for being such a coward to say those comments openly in this forum and under the cloak of an anonymous name. Shame on LEO Affairs for not deleting it!

Why … what did this accomplish? Why are you such an evil person to purposely hurt someone who most likely has done nothing to you and if I had to guess you speak to, laugh and even joke with on a daily basis while your at work. How would you feel if someone wrote those things about you or your family? Can you have your personal feelings? Of course you can but when does it become wrong? I think writing derogatory remarks on LEO Affairs crosses the lines.

What if someone went out of box (got sneaky) and found out who you are and they exposed you to every officer in this department on LEO Affairs and made themselves untraceable? Not many officers write with the correctness you do and the punctuation you have. Taking so small steps and a little leg work you would be easily discoverable. Your use of certain words … the time you were not working … very easy! What do you think … how about using the intelligence you do have to make a positive statement about the place you work or the people you work with or better yet say nothing at all?

Times are tough and work is not an easy place at times. Why would you or anyone else want to stab someone so that they don’t trust anyone? You never know what that next call is and who you may need to have your back … imagine if no one trusted you because they knew the things you wrote about other officers on LEO Affairs. Don’t ever say “I don’t go on LEO Affairs” because we know you do!

Gordon AKA…Vic

07-08-2008, 07:21 PM
thought this post was about pete. Vic, everyone has the right to their opinion and their right to post their opinions on this website. I dont agree with bashing others but it is their right and their way to vent.

07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Once again I feel compelled to rise to the defense of one of OUR OWN, Pete Weaver.

We all know OUR Department is going thru a time of change and growth. With any process of change there are growing pains associated with this. I think the fact Peter was overlooked again is part of that pain.

I have had the honor to work with Pete in several capacities: Training, FTO Program, Road Patrol, Supervisory, and as an extended member of the SRT Unit and I feel I can speak from experience that there are few others who deserve recognition more than Pete.

Pete, the Department may have failed to recognize your dedication and commitment to ALL of us, but hold your head high and proud because as you can read from those who have posted prior to me, you are a valued member of OUR Department.
Please continue to help those who help others. You attitude, commitment, sense of caring, and dedication are infectious and make this place more tolerable.

You have changed many things in the Department and greater than that, you have changed lives. I consider you a good friend and always will remember your great sense of humor to keep even when things were very stressful of difficult (like when Mike S and I were making fun of you all the time …LOL).

Remember Pete there is no greater honor or award, which can be handed to you, that has the importance of the impression of excellence you have left on ALL OF US!!

Keep up the good work Pete and for GOD SAKE...Keep my equipment handy for me (LOL).

-Greg Solowsky

Vic Makey
07-08-2008, 09:09 PM
thought this post was about pete. Vic, everyone has the right to their opinion and their right to post their opinions on this website. I dont agree with bashing others but it is their right and their way to vent.

Everything about Pete is true and I do believe that he is a great person, cop and trainer. My concern is always how we go from something like Pete being an alright person to a bash about someone else. Why the hell did that writer need to go from Pete … to ... Pubien ... to the Blair Brothers? Leave people alone ... if you don't like someone and want to spit venom at them why do you need to publicize it? People have to be able to vent I agree with you ... but at what cost? Why does the person who hides under a cloak be allowed to talk so much shit … we are in this profession because we wanted to defend something … protect someone or something and we have those amongst us that want to act like the criminals we deal with daily. They run and hide and talk all kinds of crap. Everyone has a freedom to say whatever they want … so if that is the case and we are going to allow this and not police ourselves who gets hurt and at what cost. I would hope that the people I work with are better then this … if not … oh well … enjoy your island!

07-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Idea # 1, if you feel strongly that weave should get officer of the year, nominate him! It is your fault that he did not get officer of the year so go in a corner and whip yourself.

07-09-2008, 06:30 AM
sergeants have to write officers up for awards. Not to many sgts around here commend their guys for doing good. Its sad but true

07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
sergeants have to write officers up for awards. Not to many sgts around here commend their guys for doing good. Its sad but trueI read the policy on it a couple hours ago and it says that an officer can nominate another officer. The memo has to state the incident in which the officer was involved that makes him/her worthy of recognition (catching a murder suspect that just shot and killed several people with an automatic weapon) or doing something else amazing (fixing the FTO program like Pete did). Make sure you write it up as good as Pubien's was and your favorite officer will get it for sure even if it was for 10-65ing.

07-09-2008, 08:22 PM
I love this city. The two cops involved with catching that crazy triple homicide suspect that was still armed didn't even get a kudos on a post it note. The ft lauderdale officer that was there and served as a back up got Officer of the Year from his city. Just one question, has ANYONE here gotten the officer of the year award for doing anything other then their job? Just curious.

07-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi Adam...(like we didnt know it was you writing that)...LOL

07-10-2008, 01:22 AM
well adam got officer of the year cause he is the best we should all praise you adam! Our department would not run if it wasn't for you, your so great. Every drug dealer you arrest I see them back in central the next week, doing a great job.

07-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Come on adam stop posting lol :) LOL

07-10-2008, 08:21 PM
well adam got officer of the year cause he is the best we should all praise you adam! Our department would not run if it wasn't for you, your so great. Every drug dealer you arrest I see them back in central the next week, doing a great job.

I'm not Adam however i'm not posting my name for obvious reasons. If you read my post, then you'll see that i disgree with adam even getting officer of the year back when he got it. What did he do? Make a crap load of arrests? So. That award should be for an officer who has done something completely above and beyond whats he/shes paid to do. Pete weaver has done that many times over the last couple of years. I'm not trying to start a bashing session. I'm just tired of seeing people get awards for crap when we actaully have many officers that go above/beyond all the time. I was only using that shooting incident as an example.

07-11-2008, 11:49 PM

I'm not Adam however i'm not posting my name for obvious reasons. If you read my post, then you'll see that i disgree with adam even getting officer of the year back when he got it. What did he do? Make a crap load of arrests? So. That award should be for an officer who has done something completely above and beyond whats he/shes paid to do. Pete weaver has done that many times over the last couple of years. I'm not trying to start a bashing session. I'm just tired of seeing people get awards for crap when we actaully have many officers that go above/beyond all the time. I was only using that shooting incident as an example.At least Adam did something to get officer of the year. The last couple of years they just gave what should be a prestigious award for ROAD PATROL to just anybody. I'm sorry Lawrence, Berk and Pubien that award belongs to road patrol officers and officers in specialized units that did something above and beyond what they are paid to do every day. Berk, you a sargent and should have gotten a different award Lawrence, really what did you do no one knows. Pubien I bet you did a spectacular job but really someone else deserved it hands down. Ask anyone and they will all say the same thing. it is an outrage. That award should have been given to one of the many officers who put there lives on the line, saved lives or made drastic changes for the department. Adam got his rear end handed to him many times by those drug dealers while making those arrests and he refused to quit. Adam proved himself and he proved that he deserved the award, so instead of complaining, try as hard as he did.

07-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Everyone loves to talk crap about the cops that go around chasing dope boys all day. Im one of those cops. Are we making a difference you ask? Probably not. Its what I love to do and its one of the reasons why i'm a cop. California has the biggest, baddest anti-gang unit in the country and they cant rid their state of gangs. Drugs, gangs, robberies, burglaries will always be around. Some cops write 300 tickets a day while others chase down vehicle thefts. Its what we do. We are cops. if your one of those cops that finds a tree and hides all day, fine. No one bashes you for that. Its what you do. Just dont bash me for doing what I love to do. I'm not here to change the world.

Stay Safe

07-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Everyone loves to talk crap about the cops that go around chasing dope boys all day. Im one of those cops. Are we making a difference you ask? Probably not. Its what I love to do and its one of the reasons why i'm a cop. California has the biggest, baddest anti-gang unit in the country and they cant rid their state of gangs. Drugs, gangs, robberies, burglaries will always be around. Some cops write 300 tickets a day while others chase down vehicle thefts. Its what we do. We are cops. if your one of those cops that finds a tree and hides all day, fine. No one bashes you for that. Its what you do. Just dont bash me for doing what I love to do. I'm not here to change the world.

Stay Safe

P.S. Whats a sargent? You mean Sergeant? Come on now!!!