PDA

View Full Version : WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT

07-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Mr. Bartolotta,

HOW DARE YOUR SIR! How dare you hire a consultant and a friend for that matter and pay this person $5,000.000 per month, when you have laid off 27 city employees. And how dare you Sir, even think about spending money to try and convince a baseball team to come to Sarasota. Even after the voters told you NO.

How dare you Sir spend the citizen’s money in such a reckless manner? And how dare you put the city in a situation like this. Where is the fiscal responsibility we've all heard you talk about?

How is it that city workers are laid off and there is money always available for pet projects? I just don't believe that you and all the others are stupid enough to think that the Red Sox are EVER going to move to Sarasota. They are using us as a tool and as a pawn in their plan to force the hand of Ft. Myers officials. Believe this. THEY ARE NEVER COMING HERE. Wake up and see reality.

The reckless manner in which you are leading this city is taking us down a path which will take years to rebound from. You have also turned respectable and moral people into underhanded robots to do your dirty work.

Human Resources contrived the entire budget lay off process. They picked and choose whom they wanted to lay off and how. They manipulated the entire event.

Tell us all Mr. City Manager. Where is the real savings? What is the dollar amount? How much did the city really save on the cut back at the Police Department?

Please explain to the citizens how a budget cut works when; you move desk officers from behind their desks, on to the street, and have to equip them with new cars and laptop computers, You demote Lt’s & Sgt’s but you keep them at the same pay rates, you tell two Capt’s that they have to retire, but keep them on, after they say they are going to sue the City and Chief Abbott. All of a sudden they are not leaving after all.

Explain how you can post a job internally but rewrite the job description so that only one person in the Police Department is qualified for that position. Explain how you can get rid of the PD PIO and keep a PIO employed at City Hall who avoids talking to the media, who is a joke to the local media, who was hired years after the PD PIO and who makes more money then the PD PIO made. And who has a questionable life style. These are things people want to know.

How can you allow a Deputy City Manager to keep his job, when others are losing theirs, after he announced he was going to retire? How can you keep a Police Chief on the job when moral is in the toilet? How can you not discipline a Police Chief who continually fails to follow City guidelines by not conducting mandatory yearly Personel Employment Evaluations?

How can you disrespect a loyal employee, after getting rid of him, by offering him a lowly desk job? How can you sleep at night knowing that former city employees are trying to find work and trying to live on unemployment, when you continue to allow the city to support a dead purple cow called the Van Wezel.

How can you authorize overtime for Police officers to work the Forth of July festivities, when the city has no money and people have been laid off? These are the questions that the people and the media should be asking and seeking answers to.

The people of this city have got to wake up, the commissioners have got to either wake up or get voted out. I don't know how, in good conscience, the so called smart people in this government could not have used some of the $19.5 million dollar reserve to keep the 27-people working. This will turn around. You set off the panic button, took the knee jerk reaction, never thought this out, and screwed it all up.

I’d sign my real name to this, but in this uncertain economic time, I’d like to keep my job.

BTW: If I were you. I’d be careful cruising around the North Trail area early in the morning. You don't want to be embarrassed by being stopped by the same Police Officers that are already pissed off at you.

07-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Well put. I think it's time for a strong mayor

07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Excellent point, now get back to work you slug!

08-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Excellent questions that I would relish an answer to, also.

08-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Who is BTW?

08-04-2008, 12:24 AM
BTW.....................means....By The Way

08-04-2008, 05:56 PM
btw - by the way
oic - oh i see
wtf - what the f*ck?
stfu - shut the f*ck up
cya - see ya (aka secret meaning: cover your arse)
lol - laughing online