PDA

View Full Version : question for officers

07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
dont know if any of you are familiar with a very bad accident that occurred on 2-20-06 two little girls were killed on n. combee road, involving truck owned by mitchell mechanical services, report no. 2006-014459, the question is did this truck a 99 international have too have yearly inspections and if so where can the results of the inspections be located., thanks for the responses to this question, its very important ,

07-02-2008, 04:37 PM
you could call LPD and speak with the traffic sgt., but I would suggest calling FHP or FDOT they will be more familiar with the requirements for commercial vehicles.
You could also post this same question in their area on this forum.

07-03-2008, 12:51 AM
North Combee is not LPD's jurisdiction. LPD would not have responded, or investigated the accident.

07-03-2008, 01:15 AM
I believe LPD did do the crash because it was on 33 at Old combee because I remember reading it in the newspaper and speaking with Lavon after it happened, saying he helped the officer and had to go to a depo.

If anything it would be in the report, if not check with the company. I'm sure with this question you are some lawyer or something. Something a normal John Q public wouldnt be asking a couple of years after the crash occurred. Its about due for civil court

07-03-2008, 04:47 AM
Yeah this crash was our's. This is a civil trial lawyer or a private sector reconstructionist trying to get info the easy way. DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND EARN THE BIG BUCKS THEY PAY YOU! Don't ask the investigating agency to do your work for you. The laser mapping and detailed report we did should be enough wouldn't you think?

07-03-2008, 02:02 PM
first im not trying to get lakeland pd to do my work, im not a lawyer or reconstructionist, im an investigator for an insurance company that was involved in this accident, there was a 20 million dollar judgement, that is on appeal, however there are legal questions as to what the mitchell truck was primarily used for in the photos from the accident scene, it appears that the truck had a lot of welding equipment in the rear bed, and a small lift on the side of the truck,,,,,,,,,, all im trying to do is to find out what the primary use of the truck was, if anyone would know as to the inspection of this truck, if anyone would know what the truck was used for primarily, ive posted on the fl dept of transportation site, and was just hoping maybe someone from your agency may shed some lite on the truck involved ,,,,,,,,,,, thank you

07-03-2008, 08:10 PM
As said earlier, go earn your money and quit looking for a handout. If you work for an insurance co. then you have many lawyers at your disposal. Get the subpoena, schedule a depot or whatever. We will be glad to answer you questions at time and a half pay.

07-04-2008, 02:22 PM
to guest question,

not to be mean or anything (I wasnt) just ask the officers that inspected and were on the scene, maybe they can help you. Hopefully the company that owns the truckwill be of more assistance to you then. I'm pretty sure the truck is long gone and if the equipment is still around it's on other trucks. But that question is more for the company then for the police.

Lonewolf1
07-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Another good reason not to get into these types of discussions on this board.

1. You never know who or what you are discussing with and you may put any kind of investigation into jeopardy by discussing what you may feel is the right answer, but usually isn't.

2. Insurance companies do not deal with who is at fault and who isn't they deal in comparitive negligence..meaning each party is wrong to some degree, even if a citation is issued to a violator.

3. Don't talk cases on this board. If they want the information bad enough they will talk to the investigating officer or arrange for depositions.

4. Watch what you say because it will bite you in the a$$ everytime.

07-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Another good reason not to get into these types of discussions on this board.

1. You never know who or what you are discussing with and you may put any kind of investigation into jeopardy by discussing what you may feel is the right answer, but usually isn't.

2. Insurance companies do not deal with who is at fault and who isn't they deal in comparitive negligence..meaning each party is wrong to some degree, even if a citation is issued to a violator.

3. Don't talk cases on this board. If they want the information bad enough they will talk to the investigating officer or arrange for depositions.

4. Watch what you say because it will bite you in the a$$ everytime.LPD has always done a fine job on accidents of this type.I agree that this is not the venue for this discussion.