PDA

View Full Version : Steven Burch

06-30-2008, 05:00 AM
Do any of you remeber Steve Burch ? , What is your take on him...Will u take him back.

06-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Sorry LCPD,

No returns, no refunds, no exchanges...don't even recycle the collar brass.

07-01-2008, 08:06 PM
we would take him back as a School Crossing Guard.....

07-16-2008, 07:09 PM
One thing is for sure, with steve as chief, expect a sharp increase in IA complaints...mind you almost all of them will certainly be unfounded!!!

07-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Did he have a history of favorites, and being unfair? How about creating extra workloads, and cutting Officer mobility / raises?

07-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Did he have a history of favorites, and being unfair? How about creating extra workloads, and cutting Officer mobility / raises?

07-17-2008, 02:54 AM
I have never posted on this website before, but I am now. Burch is the biggest jerk (keeping it clean) I have ever known in this business. I doubt you'll find anybody at CPD or in Clearwater that would say a positive thing about him. I worked with him and for him for 15+ years there. You have my sincere condolences for ending up with him, sir. I will pray for you.

07-18-2008, 01:41 AM
I too retired from CPD, and also worked for Steve Burch. He has the personality of a cardboard box, to say the least! In answer to your questions, he does have favorites...but he will cut their heads off in the blink of an eye if he is put in the position to do so. He had loyalty to no one, except maybe Chief Klein (who promoted him to Sergeant with THREE open IA's for excessive force!). Good luck with Ol' Steve...you will need it!!

07-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Burch was remembered to say that PROBABLE CAUSE existed when you had a B/M driving a General Motors product late at night, granted this was when alot of them were being stolen. He was also nick named BLIND by the crack dealing population for his inability to find or see something that was obviously in front of him. A credit to him though is that he put MANY of those people in jail.

07-28-2008, 02:37 AM
Do any of you remeber Steve Burch ? , What is your take on him...Will u take him back.
burch was one of the most unreasonable and crooked supervisors to leave cpd. he got promoted with open i.a.'s, strong armed witnesses when he was in a crash to clear himself, then never cut anyone else a break, except his favorite sgt, and that sgt's subordinate girlfriend. he filed so many unfounded i.a.'s that he was put on notice that if he filed another unfounded i.a. he would be written up himself. and that is only the tip of the iceberg. you have my sympathy if you must now work for him. someday he will reap what he has sown.

FadedBlue
07-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Most of what is being said here is just "sniping". In all fairness, Burch was a hard worker who put in a solid 8 hours, even as a patrolman. He made alot of cases and was dilligent in everything he did. I used to comment about him that if I were ever killed in the line of duty...I would want BURCH as one of the officers hunting my killer! He left very few stones unturned.
I also worked under him years back in a small unit...he was a fair supervisor who would back you if you were right. What more can you say...he wasn't an ass kisser looking to be everybody's friend.

At least with Burch, you GOT WHAT you SAW...which is more than you can say about some of these bloggers.

07-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Okay Burch, I mean "FadedBlue", whatever you say.

07-31-2008, 11:44 PM
No need to fret anymore. Lake City PD is looking for a new Chief again,,,, Chief Burch was cleared of any wrong doings today. Then he resigned from his position.

Good luck Burch in whatever you decide to pursue next. I just hope you take some of the advise we tried to give you.

08-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Burch was a good cop. He is a good example that no matter what achievements you make in your life, if you treat people like shit, THAT will "saturate" all the good you might have done, and make it meaningless. People in all walks of life just don't learn.

08-01-2008, 04:30 AM
It's been a rough couple of months for Lake City Police Chief Steven Burch.

It began in late May when he forwarded an email that linked to a website that Burch says he thought would find people's old highschool pictures. The website turned out to be a joke, and it linked to a picture of three monkeys. Several officers found the email to be offensive, and that's when the trouble began.

Two officers, Sergeant Scott Raggins and Lieutenant Rudolph Davis, filed complaints against Burch accusing him of racial discrimination because of the email, questionable office reassignments, and the possibility that white officers were given perks that black officers weren't.

"As of today I have issued my findings from the internal report that there is none," said Lake City City Manager Scott Reynolds. "The claims are not substantiated as far as racial discrimination."

Burch served his 5 day suspension without pay as a result of the email. Then, he was placed on paid leave. But, he has now been cleared of any racial discrimination after Lake City officials conducted an investigation into the matter.

According to Reynolds, Chief Burch was scheduled to be reinstated as of this afternoon. Burch could not be reached for comment, and he has to agree to be reinstated before returning to work.

08-02-2008, 02:16 AM
To all and especially Veteran26:

I would love to read a blog about you on this website. So why don't you look up your own name, I am sure there are plenty of people that have colorful things to say about you.

Veteran26,

Get your facts straight, he was called "blind" because of his thick glasses he wore back in the 80's before contacts came in.

FadedBlue
08-15-2008, 03:55 PM
That is true. Burch worked the North End during the mid 80's and Condon Gardens as well. He made alot of cases. Wasn't he the one who arrested the guy who killed the Bellaire officer?? My memory is a little fuzzy ...anyone know???
PS To GUEST...I'm not Steve Burch...but I did retire from CPD