PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Valor

06-28-2008, 11:15 PM
I think We all know who the Chief should nomminate for this award. Bring JR back to the road!

The Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor is awarded, by the President of the United States, to a public safety officer who has exhibited exceptional courage, extraordinary decisiveness and presence of mind, and unusual swiftness of action, regardless of his or her own personal safety, in the attempt to save or protect human life.For the purpose of this award, a public safety officer is defined as a person serving a public agency, with or without compensation, as a firefighter, law enforcement officer, or emergency services officer. The term "law enforcement officer" includes a person who is a corrections or court officer or a civil defense officer.

For a nominee to be eligible to receive the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor, a completed application file must be filled out online. Any supporting information can be mailed via U.S. Postal Service to the National Medal of Valor Office, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 7th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20531. Nominations must be certified by the Chief Executive or Director or the appointing authority/submitting agency. This application should be used only for recognition of acts of valor accomplished during the period of June 1, 2007 through May 31, 2008. Please complete all designated sections.

To be considered, the application file must include:

The electronic Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor online application.

An official report or documentation from an appointing authority or submitting agency. Please note that federal law prohibits the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor Review Board from disclosing any information submitted with an application that may compromise an ongoing law enforcement investigation or is otherwise required by law to be kept confidential.

Statements by witnesses or individuals having personal knowledge of the facts surrounding the nominee's act of valor and/or other supporting documentation.

06-29-2008, 02:14 AM
I agree

06-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Like him or not JR saved the life of Campo, Lopez, and Castillo. He also saved innocent civilians in adjacent trailers that were unable to evacuate due to the urgency of the incident.

07-01-2008, 10:30 PM
what happened

07-02-2008, 10:23 PM
what happenedLets see what the Grand Jury does, this one will be interesting. I would hate to be J.R right now.

07-03-2008, 01:11 AM
what happenedLets see what the Grand Jury does, this one will be interesting. I would hate to be J.R right now.

I would hate to be you if J.R. found out you wrote this.

07-03-2008, 03:26 AM

Typical Monday morning quarterback.

Studies have proven that most officers generally under react in an aggravated violent encounter when the use of deadly force is justifiable.

What would be more interesting then the finding of the Grand Jury is the actions that you would have taken given the totality of the circumstances Romanello was faced with.

As all cops do you too have asked yourself the question, What would I do if I were faced with aggravated resistance? My guess given your minimal level of Intestinal Fortitude is that you would have froze up, sh*t your pants, lost your mental, physical, and tactical bearings, and under reacted consistent with the above mentioned studies. Those actions would have resulted in a different end result with your significant other receiving an American flag and a pat on the back from a stranger.

Romanello is a highly decorated combat veteran and was awarded the Bronze Star Medal during ground combat operations in Iraq for rescuing a female solider pinned down during an ambush . Your response is inappropriate.

Until you have seen the monster of war, a red and green dragon, you will fear that he will come through the gray smoke and swallow you.

I suggest you read the Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane

07-03-2008, 08:08 AM
[quote=Anonymous]what happenedLets see what the Grand Jury does, this one will be interesting. I would hate to be J.R right now.

Studies have proven that most officers generally under react in an aggravated violent encounter when the use of deadly force is justifiable.

What would be more interesting then the finding of the Grand Jury is the actions that you would have taken given the totality of the circumstances Romanello was faced with.

As all cops do you too have asked yourself the question, What would I do if I were faced with aggravated resistance? My guess given your minimal level of Intestinal Fortitude is that you would have froze up, sh*t your pants, lost your mental, physical, and tactical bearings, and under reacted consistent with the above mentioned studies. Those actions would have resulted in a different end result with your significant other receiving an American flag and a pat on the back from a stranger.

Romanello is a highly decorated combat veteran and was awarded the Bronze Star Medal during ground combat operations in Iraq for rescuing a female solider pinned down during an ambush . Your response is inappropriate.

Until you have seen the monster of war, a red and green dragon, you will fear that he will come through the gray smoke and swallow you.

I suggest you read the Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane[/quote:zx0qaw0p]

First off, the individual who wrote" hate to be JR right now" needs to get a life. JR is our partner and our friend, and instead of everyone retreating here to come up with the next "hot topic" why dont you use this time to talk with our friend instead of worrying with some GJ is going to do. You post this garbage, then you are going to say you are his friend. What matters,, what really matters is JR is still here. Get a life.

For the FT MYERS PD individual,, this is our house, our forum,, did you get lost? Dont come into our house and think you own the place. Why dont you read Dante's Inferno to start off with instead of Stephen Crane. What studies have shown is that the frontal lobe of the brain houses, reasoning, emotion,, and self preservation. What that means is that when it really boils down to it, we will put ourselves first. Anyone is capable of anything and anyone will do what they have to do to stay alive. So next time do some research. Dont worry about intestinal fortitude. You are probably an individual who rather make "friends" than make a difference so go post your verbal judo on the Ft Myers Pd forum. We got JR's back,, we dont need you

07-04-2008, 01:43 AM
[quote=Anonymous]what happenedLets see what the Grand Jury does, this one will be interesting. I would hate to be J.R right now.

I AGREE. THE CLEVER COMBATANT IMPOSES HIS WILL ON THE ENEMY, BUT DOES NOT ALLOW THE ENEMYS WILL TO BE IMPOSED UPON HIM

- Sun Tzu

I suggest you read the Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane[/quote:2cy9bmyg]

07-04-2008, 01:44 AM
I AGREE. THE CLEVER COMBATANT IMPOSESHIS WILL ON THE ENEMY, BUT DOES NOT ALLOW THE ENEMYS WILL TO BE IMPOSED UPON HIM

- Sun Tzu

07-04-2008, 02:16 AM

I AGREE. THE CLEVER COMBATANT IMPOSES HIS WILL ON THE ENEMY, BUT DOES NOT ALLOW THE ENEMYS WILL TO BE IMPOSED UPON HIM

- Sun Tzu

I suggest you read the Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane[/quote:idt1jxm4]WE ARE NOT AT WAR OR IRAQ, WE ARE ON THE REZ, INDIAN COUNTRY. I ALSO DID NOT SAY HE WAS WRONG OR RIGHT, ALL I SAID I WOULD HATE TO BE IN HIS SHOES IN FRONT OF THE GRAND JURY WHO ARE 12 CIVILIANS WHO MIGHT NOT THINK LIKE COPS DO.

07-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Believe me he has nothing to worry about a law school student could get him a not true bill from the Grand Jury

07-04-2008, 02:13 PM
If you don’t think you are at war everyday when you go to work and put a gun, badge, and bulletproof vest on you should immediately change your mindset or rethink your position.

Of course there is the side of our job when we serve and protect our great community but you have to be prepared for the day when you met the dragon.

Consider this:

According to the Officer Down Memorial Page 187 officer were killed in the Line of Duty in 2007 65 of which were shot to death.

Florida Ranked third in the country with 16 officers killed in the Line of duty behind Texas and U.S. Federal Agencies.

We may not be in the sandbox but by the nature of our assignment we are the frontline Homeland Security against all enemies Foreign and Domestic.

If you think the day the dragon comes the military will bail you out consider the Posse Comitatus Act:

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385). The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (the Army, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement police or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states, their counties and municipal divisions).

07-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Yes, let's bring JR back. We might as well. The department sure has forgot about the other three.

07-19-2008, 12:50 AM
I think We all know who the Chief should nomminate for this award. Bring JR back to the road!

The Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor is awarded, by the President of the United States, to a public safety officer who has exhibited exceptional courage, extraordinary decisiveness and presence of mind, and unusual swiftness of action, regardless of his or her own personal safety, in the attempt to save or protect human life.For the purpose of this award, a public safety officer is defined as a person serving a public agency, with or without compensation, as a firefighter, law enforcement officer, or emergency services officer. The term "law enforcement officer" includes a person who is a corrections or court officer or a civil defense officer.

For a nominee to be eligible to receive the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor, a completed application file must be filled out online. Any supporting information can be mailed via U.S. Postal Service to the National Medal of Valor Office, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 7th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20531. Nominations must be certified by the Chief Executive or Director or the appointing authority/submitting agency. This application should be used only for recognition of acts of valor accomplished during the period of June 1, 2007 through May 31, 2008. Please complete all designated sections.

An official report or documentation from an appointing authority or submitting agency. Please note that federal law prohibits the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor Review Board from disclosing any information submitted with an application that may compromise an ongoing law enforcement investigation or is otherwise required by law to be kept confidential.

Statements by witnesses or individuals having personal knowledge of the facts surrounding the nominee's act of valor and/or other supporting documentation.

This award is for when you and fellow officers respond to a call or stop a car and everyone but you is dead or not you get shot 7 times because you ran out of ammo or had a bad jam you decide to disarm the bad guy and shove his gun up his ass and you live to tell it. Not for running into a fire and pulling a pitbull out (which real depts do daily). The Miami Dade group involved in the AK47 shooting deserve it if anyone.

07-19-2008, 02:38 AM

This award is for when you and fellow officers respond to a call or stop a car and everyone but you is dead or not you get shot 7 times because you ran out of ammo or had a bad jam you decide to disarm the bad guy and shove his gun up his ass and you live to tell it. Not for running into a fire and pulling a pitbull out (which real depts do daily). The Miami Dade group involved in the AK47 shooting deserve it if anyone.

You should know what incident you speak of before speaking. What fire? What pitbull? Are you developmentally delayed?

07-19-2008, 02:40 AM

You should know what incident you speak of before speaking. What fire? What pitbull? Are you developmentally delayed?

08-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Immediately following the disposition of the Grand Jury next week, JC should be awarded the medal of valor and promoted to Lieutenant. MS should be promoted to sergeant and awarded the medal of valor.

08-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I heard what happened on that call, i guess you guys at seminole don't know what a baracaded subject is. The grand jury is going to have a field day.

08-19-2008, 03:25 AM
No, but we do know what a "barricaded" subject is.