PDA

View Full Version : The Legalities of the 3 yr contract....

06-28-2008, 04:38 AM
A lot of things promised through interviews and recruiting posters...just isn't going to happen in any way and is a hoax. Things seems to be getting worse here, as far as I can see.

I am questioning the legality of the 3yr contract signed? Especially with the Master Patrol program being cut...,I don't think this contract will hold up in a court.

I for one am looking for other employment, I'm not going to work a job as a career with no pay raises in site, while lots of money is still being spent on BS stuff. I believe, I as well as many, were hired under false pretenses.

06-28-2008, 06:37 AM
You better read the fine print, as with any contract.

06-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Contracts like anything else can be broken if they failed to keep their word as "written". I have challenged contracts all you need is a GOOD attorney who understands contract LAW ! It works BOTH ways ! You need good documenation and a good black book with dates and times!

06-28-2008, 04:39 PM
With this last bit of news about the master Patrol Officer Program there will be a few people looking to leave and I can't blame them. Some were looking at the program as the only way they could get a raise here.

This is most likely the tip of the iceburg.

06-28-2008, 09:17 PM
LAW ENFORCEMENT INCENTIVE PAY: Upon being certified by Florida Criminal Justice Standards, University Police Officers become eligible for additional monthly salary of up to $130 based upon completed higher education and/or career development courses.

I suggest that the University update the HR website and remove the above.

06-29-2008, 12:01 AM
$130 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MASTER POLICE OFFICER. IT IS ABOUT THE SALARY INCENTIVE 40 OR 80 HOUR CLASSES YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR. THE MAX ON THAT IS $130.

07-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Even with this contract have you had people leave? What does your agency do if a already certified officer breaks contract?
How short are you on officers now?

07-08-2008, 05:29 AM
No sir! No breaks, in any way unless you are black or female! Will you get any special treatement here!

07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
If they do away w/the master patrolman position, does that include the pay for the current M.P.?

07-10-2008, 01:17 PM
A lot of things promised through interviews and recruiting posters...just isn't going to happen in any way and is a hoax. Things seems to be getting worse here, as far as I can see.

I am questioning the legality of the 3yr contract signed? Especially with the Master Patrol program being cut...,I don't think this contract will hold up in a court.

I for one am looking for other employment, I'm not going to work a job as a career with no pay raises in site, while lots of money is still being spent on BS stuff. I believe, I as well as many, were hired under false pretenses.

any news in this area? I dont see how this can be selectively enforced.

07-12-2008, 01:30 PM
USF has nothing to offer, Its a great job for some young man/ woman with no house, kids , etc who is starting out in law enforcement or some retired cop working on a second pension. Its a place you come to for a job, not a career. TPD, HCSO (FRS) is still hiring...if you want a career that pays well put in your app there. Otherwise accept this place for what it is. The bright side is you do get paid more than a state trooper.