PDA

View Full Version : Hunter safety wristbands

06-26-2008, 03:08 AM
Recently FWC started a new campaign to address hunter safety education. What was it? Orange wristbands. Yes wristbands. The same type used to promote breast cancer awareness, the Lance Armstrong Foundation, and war vets only in a different color.

In a time when participation in hunting is dying in Florida why is this so important? It is so out of step with what is going on outside of Leon County. It's also cheapins the important message of the other wristbands. Who approves this stuff?

06-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Doesn't FWC G.O. prohibit the wearing of wristbands?

06-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Just another contradiction from on high. I really liked the life jacket beverage koozie that said not to drink and boat. It was designed only to fit longnecks! Gee, what is the most commonly sold beverage that comes in longneck bottles?

06-27-2008, 02:28 AM
Wow, is that all you have to complain about. Game management making a couple hundred dollars worth of bracelets. My life should be so boring that my biggest concern is a plastic bracelet.

And to the poster that said they violate GOs. Duh, there not made for the officers.

Finally to the sally do gooder complaining about boater safety coozies. FWC coozies are great, and there's no law against having a beer on the boat. Thank God.

06-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Good call, must be some wanna be troopers a.k.a. marine patrol, they sure complain like the road roaches..

06-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Yeah... what do the GFC guys have to complain about?? Look at all the nice equipment they have gotten since the merger... and the overtime money too !!!

Pretty sad when I was an FMP officer in the 1990's and I gave an old ragged out bimini top to a GFC officer because GFC didn't have the $$ to buy him one....

06-28-2008, 02:00 AM
I once heard (now Ret) GFC/FWC Lt G.N. speak of how he would give new officers a list of required equipment they had to purchase with their own money!!!! And how he would require officers to "donate" many hours of work, but not claim them as hours worked on a timesheet....

06-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Yeah... what do the GFC guys have to complain about?? Look at all the nice equipment they have gotten since the merger... and the overtime money too !!!

Pretty sad when I was an FMP officer in the 1990's and I gave an old ragged out bimini top to a GFC officer because GFC didn't have the $$ to buy him one....

Your right things have gotten better, now if everyone could just get along. Still the greatest LE job in Florida.

06-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Very true, I remember having to take "extended lunches" so OT was not accrued. GFC, didn't even have voice mail until some time after the merger. Things have gotten better!! Now some of the dead wood needs to fall to make room for the seedlings.

06-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Very true, I remember having to take "extended lunches" so OT was not accrued. GFC, didn't even have voice mail until some time after the merger. Things have gotten better!! Now some of the dead wood needs to fall to make room for the seedlings.

Everything I have ever heard seen or read about the old GFC is the same. Bad supervision, bad arrests, bad equipment, bad attitudes. Was getting on a piece of property to hunt so damned important to you? I remember reading that book Everglades Lawman and being really impressed by the old timers. The book said things about game wardens of the old days that sat a little higher in the saddle. I guess it was meant to mean they were tougher and braver then. Now, I know the reason they sat higher in the saddle was because they were always sitting on their tail like a scared dog.

06-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Shut up Rook! You have no idea what your spewing...

06-29-2008, 01:46 AM

Everything I have ever heard seen or read about the old GFC is the same. Bad supervision, bad arrests, bad equipment, bad attitudes. Was getting on a piece of property to hunt so damned important to you? I remember reading that book Everglades Lawman and being really impressed by the old timers. The book said things about game wardens of the old days that sat a little higher in the saddle. I guess it was meant to mean they were tougher and braver then. Now, I know the reason they sat higher in the saddle was because they were always sitting on their tail like a scared dog.

Just like I said we all need to get along. This FMP or GFC was better crap needs to end. There were sorry officers and supervisors on both sides of the fence. The bad part is they are still poisoning the minds of the younger officers. Luckily alot are leaving and this will be a better agency for it...

06-29-2008, 02:01 AM
When top brass and non-sworn regional directors leave then there will be change for the better.

06-29-2008, 02:10 AM
ah to hell with it,lets all quit

06-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Good, then we will have extra gas money and OT!