PDA

View Full Version : Crime Rate Clearwater, Aluna Largo Apartment Complex

06-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the above mentioned area. I am moving to Clearwater / St Petersburg area and was looking for a decent place to rent out of...ie low crime rate and good schools for a 5 year old...

thanks for any input...

Law NJ

06-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Go as far north in Pinellas as possible. The East Lake area or Palm Harbor. Your child would probably be slated to go to Cypress woods elementary or Brooker Creek elementary. The only public schools worth a crap are in those areas. Stay the heck as far from St Pete as possible.

06-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Go as far north in Pinellas as possible. The East Lake area or Palm Harbor. Your child would probably be slated to go to Cypress woods elementary or Brooker Creek elementary. The only public schools worth a crap are in those areas. Stay the heck as far from St Pete as possible.

+1

You can find nice places to live in Clearwater, but the schools are not good, especially once you get to the high school. East Lake, Palm Harbor University and Countryside are the best high schools in this area, in my opinion.

06-25-2008, 01:31 AM
Dunedin is a great area to live in too, all three levels of schools are top notch and brand new. It's the neighbor to the north of Clearwater.

06-27-2008, 02:16 AM
The complex is in the city of largo even though the address is in clwtr..i If you'd like some crime stats for the complex or surrounding area call largo pd at 727-587-6730 and ask to speak to the crime analyst.

Good luck

06-30-2008, 11:32 AM
thanks for all the inputs... :)

NJ Law

07-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm an officer for Largo... and we are frequently out at Aluna Largo. LIke the above posters said, I'd stay north county.

07-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Look at a Pinellas County Map with your realtor and ...some rough guidelines East of 19 to Tampa Bay....Areas North of Sunset Point Rd all the Way to County Line. Areas West of 19 to Keene/CR! North of Sunset Point to Palm Harbor area and not going past Klosterman.

07-04-2008, 07:19 AM
... better yet dont move here at all ... its a $hithole. Do your child a favor and move to NE Tennessee or somewhere else much nicer than FL.

07-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Please dont say this place is a shithole. Some cops get to be so tainted from the element they work in. I wouldnt live anywhere else for now..but .. in keeping with Pinellas Cops from everywhere.. I signed an oath to move to either TN/NC/SC upon my retirement... :)

07-26-2008, 06:05 AM
Take a look at Seminole too. Good schools and low crime.

07-26-2008, 06:38 PM
This county is a sh#$hole. Look around. What a dump.

07-26-2008, 06:55 PM
You're an azz that can take yourself and your inbread New York family back to where everything is better. I bet I'm rite. You can't stand the heat or anything about Florida but you alll keep coming down.

08-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Just stay up north. The south sucks and your children will get a better education up there instead of being taught how to take a state test.

08-01-2008, 01:30 AM
You're an azz that can take yourself and your inbread New York family back to where everything is better. I bet I'm rite. You can't stand the heat or anything about Florida but you alll keep coming down.

You idiot NJ mean New Jersey you in bread Florida Cracker.

08-01-2008, 02:32 AM

You idiot NJ mean New Jersey you in bread Florida Cracker.

Public schools have really failed you.