PDA

View Full Version : latest debate

06-24-2008, 02:29 AM
Well, I just finished listening to the the vickery center debate and here are a few thoughts. Morgan definately gets the nod in this one again. However, the pro Morgan crowd showed that both camps are fulll of riff raff. The sheriff was constantly being interupted by the peanut gallery who sound like they have been enjoying a few busch lights. It sounded like the parking lot of Gene's lounge.

The closing interviews by Craig are also disappointing. It is obvious that he chose only pro Morgan viewers except for the party members. And to even show Aerty totally discredits the piece as being unbiased news and degrades it to the level of tabloid fodder.

And what, no coverage of Lucas or Scapecchi. Both the republican canidates are embarrasing to watch go back and forth, like two spoiled kids fighting over the same toy. More and more I realize I will be voting Democrat. Neither canidates discussed real issues or their"PLAN". Just a waste of voters time to watch them trade zingers.

I have watched Scapecchi speak and he blows them both away. I am still trying to see Lucas, but have not yet. So overall, thumbs down to the petty squabbling Republicans canidates(And I am a Republican) and thumbs down to RNN who once again shows it is nothing more than a Morgan propaganda mouth piece.

It would be nice to see al the canidates respond to questions and see who really shines. Of course Dave and Ron don't have anything to talk about except for each other......

06-24-2008, 02:30 AM
The authored name is "sick of the 2daves & Mac"

criggs19
06-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Was it recorded?

06-24-2008, 03:10 AM
I've been retired for some time and have a lot of time. As I have watched this story over the internet from my home , I am constantly wondering if and how it can be resolved. I have some friends in law enforcement but Thank God it isn't there . It seems to be hopeless unless the voters take an interest in making change.

This would have been a good time for the Sheriff to explain the budget analysis because it has been on many peoples minds after the Tax Watch report. It is disappointing that he chose to not even address it. I say that because the previous poster doesn't mention it. Do we assume that he believes the voters won't pursue the issue and he can avoid it completely or maybe he just hopes it will go away. I don't think it will. It isn't just the other candidates who will raise this issue (which they should) but all of the citizens are interested; even the ones who may not even vote. Worse yet is how the LEO's must feel about an administration that favors a few, and ignores the needs of the deputies struggling to raise families while wondering if the $30 million dollars which nobody explains could help them live a little bit easier.

I heard that the Independent News has made an editorial response to the sheriff's budget calling for an audit, but the PNJ has made no comment at all on a very controversial issue like this one. I've heard that some people snicker about the I.N. but in this case they are raising the issues while the PNJ is ignoring it. So much for PNJ's responsibility to the public.
That's my 2 cents worth.

06-24-2008, 06:10 AM
Well, I just finished listening to the the vickery center debate and here are a few thoughts. Morgan definately gets the nod in this one again. However, the pro Morgan crowd showed that both camps are fulll of riff raff. The sheriff was constantly being interupted by the peanut gallery who sound like they have been enjoying a few busch lights. It sounded like the parking lot of Gene's lounge.

The closing interviews by Craig are also disappointing. It is obvious that he chose only pro Morgan viewers except for the party members. And to even show Aerty totally discredits the piece as being unbiased news and degrades it to the level of tabloid fodder.

And what, no coverage of Lucas or Scapecchi. Both the republican canidates are embarrasing to watch go back and forth, like two spoiled kids fighting over the same toy. More and more I realize I will be voting Democrat. Neither canidates discussed real issues or their"PLAN". Just a waste of voters time to watch them trade zingers.

I have watched Scapecchi speak and he blows them both away. I am still trying to see Lucas, but have not yet. So overall, thumbs down to the petty squabbling Republicans canidates(And I am a Republican) and thumbs down to RNN who once again shows it is nothing more than a Morgan propaganda mouth piece.

It would be nice to see al the canidates respond to questions and see who really shines. Of course Dave and Ron don't have anything to talk about except for each other......

You are sadly mistaken on all counts. 1. You didn't "watch" the Vickery Center debate. That was an audio recording of the complete "Franco's Restaurant" Debate. It's labeled as such with the clear date of June 5th. You didn't "see" the debate because of 2 reasons. First, Rex Blackburn had threatened me with arrest if I videoed the debate. And because of the threat the Republican Club asked that there be no video and I cooperated with their request. There are no McNesby supporters in the interviews after the debate because none of his supporters made themselves available for interviews. McNesby himself has told me he'll never appear voluntarily in any of my reports so I didn't ask him for a comment. The Democrats (Larry & Sam) were at Franco's but were not a part of that Republican candidates debate. That's why they were not included in the debate audio. The Vickery Center Debate was streamed Live and recorded. Processing of the files is taking most of the early Tuesday morning hours. It will be uploaded and on the http://www.realitynews.net sometime after daylight Tuesday. It is presented in it's entirety with all 4 candidates present and questions from the audience. Happy viewing.

06-24-2008, 11:52 AM
David, you are right. I did listen to the debate, the one clearly marked on RNN as the vickery center debate. Apparently you have the wrong audio linked to it. SO I gave the wrong review, which is from the first debate. I look foreward to HEARING the last debate. My apologies.
But if all the people you continue to interview are the ones with strong ties to the Morgan camp only, then your followups are not journalism, just merely campaign progaganda.
I still stand by acessment of the canidates. Both Mac and David are too busy attacking each other to offer any real vision for the SO

06-24-2008, 09:07 PM
DC, I get an error when trying to view the thing.

Requested file not found. The link you followed may be outdated or inaccurate.

What do I do?

06-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Lary showed respect, Morgan was condescending, Sam, thanks for coming out, and Ron, well we all know Ron.

06-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I watched the vickery center debate and the canidates did not have enough time to answer the questions. I have to admit, the Mcman looked better than he has in the previous debates. Lucas seems like an ok guy, but you can tell he doesn't have a clue. I thought Scapecchi had a good showing and engaged the crowd well. David sounds ok, but I am tired of hearing the Air Force angle. I was in the service too but you cant compare MP stuff to real police work. I have a Crim Just bachelor and a foresic degree and that in no way shape or form prepared me to be a street cop. Morgan might make a good chief somewhere, but he lacks real expierence.

Cant wait till the primary and to see a few more debates

06-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I watched the vickery center debate and the canidates did not have enough time to answer the questions. I have to admit, the Mcman looked better than he has in the previous debates. Lucas seems like an ok guy, but you can tell he doesn't have a clue. I thought Scapecchi had a good showing and engaged the crowd well. David sounds ok, but I am tired of hearing the Air Force angle. I was in the service too but you cant compare MP stuff to real police work. I have a Crim Just bachelor and a foresic degree and that in no way shape or form prepared me to be a street cop. Morgan might make a good chief somewhere, but he lacks real expierence.

Cant wait till the primary and to see a few more debates

06-25-2008, 03:00 AM
I've been retired for some time and have a lot of time. As I have watched this story over the internet from my home , I am constantly wondering if and how it can be resolved. I have some friends in law enforcement but Thank God it isn't there . It seems to be hopeless unless the voters take an interest in making change.

This would have been a good time for the Sheriff to explain the budget analysis because it has been on many peoples minds after the Tax Watch report. It is disappointing that he chose to not even address it. I say that because the previous poster doesn't mention it. Do we assume that he believes the voters won't pursue the issue and he can avoid it completely or maybe he just hopes it will go away. I don't think it will. It isn't just the other candidates who will raise this issue (which they should) but all of the citizens are interested; even the ones who may not even vote. Worse yet is how the LEO's must feel about an administration that favors a few, and ignores the needs of the deputies struggling to raise families while wondering if the $30 million dollars which nobody explains could help them live a little bit easier.

I heard that the Independent News has made an editorial response to the sheriff's budget calling for an audit, but the PNJ has made no comment at all on a very controversial issue like this one. I've heard that some people snicker about the I.N. but in this case they are raising the issues while the PNJ is ignoring it. So much for PNJ's responsibility to the public.
That's my 2 cents worth.
The reason the PNJ makes no comment has it's bases! The Sheriff has kept Willie Small around because of his strong ties with the PNJ! Think about it, since Small has been around the PNJ has been silenced on controvercial issues. If any threat of a story from the paper arises, Small makes his contacts with the powers at the PNJ and stories are squashed because reporters are threatened with their careers. If you don't believe it happens call Molly Barrows at WEAR, several years ago she wrote a thirty something page complaint on the Sheriff to be submitted to the State Ethics Commission only to have her job career threatened when several big time advertisers, Pete Moore being one of them was contacted by the Sheriff and Moore and several others made it clear to WEAR that hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising would be pulled of the air if she wasn't silenced. Heard much from Molly lately about the Sheriff???? Now you know the rest of the story!

06-25-2008, 03:33 AM

That's my 2 cents worth.
The reason the PNJ makes no comment has it's bases! The Sheriff has kept Willie Small around because of his strong ties with the PNJ! Think about it, since Small has been around the PNJ has been silenced on controvercial issues. If any threat of a story from the paper arises, Small makes his contacts with the powers at the PNJ and stories are squashed because reporters are threatened with their careers. If you don't believe it happens call Molly Barrows at WEAR, several years ago she wrote a thirty something page complaint on the Sheriff to be submitted to the State Ethics Commission only to have her job career threatened when several big time advertisers, Pete Moore being one of them was contacted by the Sheriff and Moore and several others made it clear to WEAR that hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising would be pulled of the air if she wasn't silenced. Heard much from Molly lately about the Sheriff???? Now you know the rest of the story!

I also heard Attorney General Bill McCullum was coming/in town to do in the Sheriff only to find out tonight on the 10 o'clock news he was here to help kick off an anti-gang task force. Quick run outside I see strange lights over Gulkf Breeze!

06-25-2008, 04:10 AM
DC, I get an error when trying to view the thing.

Requested file not found. The link you followed may be outdated or inaccurate.

What do I do?

The file is working so you might need real player software. This link should get you to a free download. http://www.real.com/realcom/player/rp10 ... ealhome_bb (http://www.real.com/realcom/player/rp10??type=rp11_us&href=http%3A%2F%2Fforms.real.com%2Freal%2Fplayer%2 Fdownload.html%3Ftype%3Drp11_us&pageid=broadBandHomePage&pageregion=A1&src=realhome_bb_0_3_1_0_0_1_0&pcode=rn&opage=realhome_bb)

06-25-2008, 04:21 AM
David, you are right. I did listen to the debate, the one clearly marked on RNN as the vickery center debate. Apparently you have the wrong audio linked to it. SO I gave the wrong review, which is from the first debate. I look foreward to HEARING the last debate. My apologies.
But if all the people you continue to interview are the ones with strong ties to the Morgan camp only, then your followups are not journalism, just merely campaign progaganda.
I still stand by acessment of the canidates. Both Mac and David are too busy attacking each other to offer any real vision for the SO

Hey after I replied to your post I found a vestige of the wrong debate link in the Vickery link that led you astray. So apologies right back at you. Hope you have had a chance to view the new debate now posted. As for journalism at the Franco's debate (Debate #2 BTW), it's hard to an impartial reporter when under threat of arrest and since no McNesby people would talk to me. In other words I can't help them if they won't talk. Because of my association with the Morgan campaign I just let the 1st and 3rd debates be as unedited and neutral as possible. If I had permission from the Rep. Club to video I wouldn't have tried to get any interviews after Debate #2. It was just too boring with no video.

06-25-2008, 04:23 AM
LOL! David Craig just called himself an impartial reporter :shock:

06-25-2008, 04:36 AM
Which is it Craig? First you say you didn't record because Rex threatened you with arrest. Now you're saying you didn't have permission from the Republican Club.

06-25-2008, 04:39 AM
David Criag,
did Morgan have a mic on to make him sound clearer on the audio portion of the video....if he did that is fine but were the other canidates offered the same?

06-25-2008, 06:39 AM
Which is it Craig? First you say you didn't record because Rex threatened you with arrest. Now you're saying you didn't have permission from the Republican Club.

Actually I didn't give a flying leap that Rex had threatened me with arrest. It was an illegal order. A clear violation of the constitution. Remember the part about no laws restricting freedom of the press? So Rex did make the threat but I never said that I didn't video the debate because of that. Troy, Pres. of the Rep. Club chickened out when Rex threatened me and withdrew permission (formally granted weeks before) for anyone to video at the debate. It was a bad decision on his part, in my opinion, but I respected it as that was the ethical thing for a reporter to do. If I wanted to make some mileage for the Morgan campaign, I would have defied the club request and let Rex arrest me in front of Channel 3 and Fox who were present because of the threats. I would have a wonderful lawsuit (just another one to add to the dozens of Federal and state suits currently draining our tax dollars) and the sheriff would have taken a bigger political hit then the one he manufactured by having Rex make the threat. So which is it? You figure it out. But the tone of your text indicates intolerance so I doubt that the truth will be comprehensible.

06-25-2008, 06:56 AM
David Criag,
did Morgan have a mic on to make him sound clearer on the audio portion of the video....if he did that is fine but were the other canidates offered the same?

I would have liked a mic on all of them but I didn't have the technical capacity to have five mixed mics going into my 1 location camera. I have a mountable mixer that will accomodate 2 mics but not more than that. Nor do I own 5 radio lapel mics. So I did the best I could with what I have. David had the mic he always uses when working on videos and all of the others were picked up on a broadcast quality "shotgun" mic. Had you watched the live stream, all of the participants were on the webcam mic. During the first debate there was 1 shared mic provided by New World Landing that I was able to
pickup on one of my RF receivers so both candidates had equal quality. With no sound system provided for the Vickery debate by the organizers and 5 speakers, including MC who asked the questions, my options were limited.

06-25-2008, 05:03 PM
David Criag,

my options were limited.

So you choose to put a mic on a canidate who has paid you tens of thousands of dollars over the years instead of allowing the shotgun mic to be used by all the canidates. It is obvious what you did to try and give your guy the edge. This is not fair reporting craig, it is just as unethical as anything that the sheriff has done that you and morgan have slammed. You are no different, probably worse than the sheriff. Morgan is also no different.
I watched the entire video last night. Morgan has contradicted himself over and over again during the last couple years. He did it again last night. The other canidates are going to eat that up in the near future. I even liked the fact that he said that during his campaign there has been a lot of veteran bashing. Thats not true either. Everyone I have heard refer to his experience, says that he is not qualified to run a civilian law enforcement agency because he was a air force mp. He takes offense to that because he thinks he is better than the civilian law officers.

On another note, I think Sam Lucas is just as crazy as Morgan. Who does he think he is saying that any employee that recieves an intimidation complaint will be terminated?? Like he had a chance before, but I thought that was comical.

Larry was Larry, told it like it was, not sugar coated and made the audience feel comfortable with him. He is not a politician, he is a cop. Morgan and Mcnesby are politicians, if we want to take this town back from the criminals we need a cop in charge.

06-25-2008, 10:17 PM
David Craig -0
Concerned Citizens -2

Morgan for Sheriff- -3

As a citizen, I thought this debate was very biased, Morgan had a heads up just because he could be heard better. Bad video, bad reporter.

06-25-2008, 10:32 PM
does that say morgan for sheriff negative 3?

06-25-2008, 10:54 PM
David Craig -0
Concerned Citizens -2

Morgan for Sheriff- -3

As a citizen, I thought this debate was very biased, Morgan had a heads up just because he could be heard better. Bad video, bad reporter.

Please quit calling that idiot with a camera a reporter. Even the most liberal reporters on the planet wouldn't allow themselves to be perceived to be as biased as that girlscout craig who appears to be trying to earn a merit badge from scoutmistress morgan.

06-26-2008, 03:58 AM
David Criag,

my options were limited.

So you choose to put a mic on a canidate who has paid you tens of thousands of dollars over the years instead of allowing the shotgun mic to be used by all the canidates. It is obvious what you did to try and give your guy the edge. This is not fair reporting craig, it is just as unethical as anything that the sheriff has done that you and morgan have slammed. You are no different, probably worse than the sheriff. Morgan is also no different.
I watched the entire video last night. Morgan has contradicted himself over and over again during the last couple years. He did it again last night. The other canidates are going to eat that up in the near future. I even liked the fact that he said that during his campaign there has been a lot of veteran bashing. Thats not true either. Everyone I have heard refer to his experience, says that he is not qualified to run a civilian law enforcement agency because he was a air force mp. He takes offense to that because he thinks he is better than the civilian law officers.

On another note, I think Sam Lucas is just as crazy as Morgan. Who does he think he is saying that any employee that recieves an intimidation complaint will be terminated?? Like he had a chance before, but I thought that was comical.

Larry was Larry, told it like it was, not sugar coated and made the audience feel comfortable with him. He is not a politician, he is a cop. Morgan and Mcnesby are politicians, if we want to take this town back from the criminals we need a cop in charge.

Seems like you heard all the candidates OK. If you wanted to have it recorded differently maybe you should have done it yourself. Where was WEAR? Personally I'm glad that Craig is covering the debates and I had no trouble following what anybody was saying. I don't think McNuggets would know what "fair" was if it bit them in the arse.

06-26-2008, 04:08 AM
Morgan - Winning
Craig - Helping
Mcnesby - Losing

Who will be the ultimate winner? ESCAMBIA COUTY RESIDENTS!

06-26-2008, 04:17 AM
Morgan winning the primary would unite the ECSO faster than any other single event. The problem for Morgan would be that it would unite them to back Larry. So either way Morgan loses.

06-26-2008, 08:21 AM
IF MAC BEATS MORGAN HE'LL ROLL OVER LARRY. ALREADY GOT TOLD BY LARRY THAT HES DID A GOOD JOB. BETTER IF MORGAN WINS IN AUGUST. WE CAN SUPPORT ACANIDATE WITHOUT A MAC ATTAK.

06-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Don't take what Larry said out of context. He was being gracious before he showed the problems. He didn't have to stoop to personal smears and mud slinging like Morgan. As a Republican, I am embarrased by the Morgan has run his campaign and the way the Republican canidates have conducted thenselves.

06-26-2008, 11:40 PM
After watching, I can honestly say that our only hope is Larry Scapecchi. Larry is not going to be another Harry because Larry was a better cop, is a better person, etc., and thus will make a great Sheriff. Harry was a terrible choice for Sheriff and if you look at his past, you know why. Larry is such a better person.

I am glad the public finally got to hear what most cops have know all along -- Larry Scapecchi is the best choice for Sheriff in Escambia County. He stood out head and shoulders above the other three.

They will try and say he is "just another Harry" but that is not the case. He may sound like Harry did when he ran the first time but Larry will keep his promises and not sell us out!!!

Larry 2008!

06-27-2008, 03:18 AM
I think many will be impressed with Larry once he is heard by more of the public. He is a great alternative for those who honestly believe a change is needed now. He can't do it all by himself. Some more contributions are necessary, and that is hard with the cost of everything going up so fast, but more importantly, more talk amongst friends and relatives who can and will support him is what we need to be doing on a daily basis. Small contributions by many can make a huge impact especially if their votes are behind the money.

06-27-2008, 03:32 AM
If the PNJ had been doing the right thing years ago it might not be so bad. But even now they are protecting the same candidate by not really investiagting the things that have been going on. Another poster said recently that the former senior employee at PNJ (Mr. Small) had exerted influence at the PNJ so that inquiries could be kept to a minimum. This same Mr. Small received a huge salary increase at the sheriff office this last year as a member of the sheriff's admin group. Exactly what is going on here??? High minded journalists are always pursuing the truth no matter where the story takes them. That is something any student in jounalism will tell you. At least the Independent News is willing to look under the covers. PNJ should be embarrassed. Lack of pride may make it easier for them to ignore their peers in other cities who are willing to find the truth and inform the people. I'd like the PNJ to defend their lack of guts, if they dare. God knows they own the presses and the ink.

06-27-2008, 03:57 AM
Don't take what Larry said out of context. He was being gracious before he showed the problems. He didn't have to stoop to personal smears and mud slinging like Morgan. As a Republican, I am embarrased by the Morgan has run his campaign and the way the Republican canidates have conducted thenselves.

What "personal smears" would those be? Morgan has been exposing the record of the incumbent. Something that has been kept a state secret with the complicity of an "in his pocket" local media. McNesby said he was going to run on his record. If he can't handle the opposition addressing that very issue then he should withdraw from the race.

06-28-2008, 03:50 AM
I thought Mark Obriens comments on the recent debate were realistic. At least the PNJ finally said something even though it may not satisfy the recent post. Hell, it's a start.