PDA

View Full Version : This weekends applicants

06-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Do ALL of your applicants cheat on the physical tests. I completed my assessment within the time, while PROBABLY 40+ people DID NOT. And when it came time to give our times, I heard people lying about their scores saying the made it in time!!
What kind of message does that send!
I think you need to let your training department know about the issue.
I was hoping the strict physical requirements would weed out the liar and cheats, guess not.

06-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Makes you wonder, why don't you make a call to the Inspector Generals Office and express your concerns. FWC already has enough slack A****!!!

06-24-2008, 02:06 AM
FWC gets what they pay for!

06-24-2008, 02:38 AM
Applicant: Did the FWC personnel look as if they could pass the PT test?

06-25-2008, 01:33 PM
What you need to relize is that FWC doesn't care if you lie. We hire people who lie on their backgrounds. If you are a known liar and you are a captain you get the bonus deal. You get demoted into an investigation position keep your captain pay and get your overtime back so you are the highest paid liar in the agency. So if you are worried about liars at this point of the hiring get used to it because Tallahassee doesn't care if you lie!!!! :cop:

06-25-2008, 01:49 PM
The best chances of getting hired anymore is to tell the interview board what a good poacher you are. Unlike most agencies that make CIs out of bad guys we hire them.

06-25-2008, 02:08 PM
I too noticed a few cases of this. In particular, one guy came in 6 seconds over his time. He is 39 years old and will hit 40 in 6 months. His allowed time would increase on his 40th birthday and he would have passed but Saturday he did not. Many others and I heard him discuss this with a few of the cadre and wouldn't you know it, his score was lowered 6 seconds to meet the requirement.

While some may not view this as a BIG deal, it nevertheless meets the definition of unfair. Many others walked away dismayed because they couldn't jump an extra inch, missed the situps by 2-3, etc.

Anyone know EXACTLY how many showed up and passed/failed?

06-25-2008, 05:57 PM
When an agency does not pay adequately, you wind up with the bottom of the barrell!! And, with only a couple hundred apps. not too much to choose from when there are alot of vacancies to fill. Very sad.

06-25-2008, 11:25 PM
There were a quite a few applicants there with college degrees. Some master's plus. What does that say. Perhaps these guys/gals just want the job for reasons other than financial.

06-27-2008, 02:20 AM
Do ALL of your applicants cheat on the physical tests. I completed my assessment within the time, while PROBABLY 40+ people DID NOT. And when it came time to give our times, I heard people lying about their scores saying the made it in time!!
What kind of message does that send!
I think you need to let your training department know about the issue.
I was hoping the strict physical requirements would weed out the liar and cheats, guess not.

Wah, Wah, Sniff, Sniff, Mommy didn’t love me and Daddy didn’t pay me any attention. You should spend more time worrying about yourself than what other people are doing. Glad your going elsewhere, we don’t want you or your whining. Later

07-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Has anyone heard anything - mail or phone - in reply to the June physical assessment/interviews? I thought we were supposed to know something by the 11th.

07-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the world of state employees! Either get used to it or look elsewhere...