PDA

View Full Version : Stonewall Parade 08

06-22-2008, 04:38 AM
This has to be one of the most F***** U* events this city and police departments have ever been involved with. Forget the weather, the lack of preparation among the special events committee showed in the number of complaints persons attending had along with the complaints from the business people. What the hell is wrong with the city goverment in Wilton Manors. Cannot you provide basic services required by the community to hold a event which brings CASH to people in the city.

06-22-2008, 05:04 AM
This has to be one of the most F***** U* events this city and police departments have ever been involved with. Forget the weather, the lack of preparation among the special events committee showed in the number of complaints persons attending had along with the complaints from the business people. What the hell is wrong with the city goverment in Wilton Manors. Cannot you provide basic services required by the community to hold a event which brings CASH to people in the city.

Hey do not knock this event. At least the Fort Lauderdale Police Department was brought in to provide security for patrons and people wanting to cross Wilton Drive in a safe manner. Although they could not provide directions when asked, the Ft Laud Cops at least cared about the gay community to provide some traffic enforcement and walked people across the drive. My partner and I could not find a Wilton Manors cop except a female biach on a bicycle who flipped us off when asking her a legit question about crowd security. It will be amazing if a member of our community does not get seriously hurt unless public safety is addressed and speeding is contolled on wilton drive.

06-22-2008, 09:01 AM

Hey do not knock this event. At least the Fort Lauderdale Police Department was brought in to provide security for patrons and people wanting to cross Wilton Drive in a safe manner. Although they could not provide directions when asked, the Ft Laud Cops at least cared about the gay community to provide some traffic enforcement and walked people across the drive. My partner and I could not find a Wilton Manors cop except a female biach on a bicycle who flipped us off when asking her a legit question about crowd security. It will be amazing if a member of our community does not get seriously hurt unless public safety is addressed and speeding is contolled on wilton drive.

oh give me a break....I saw alot of WMPD and everyone was extremly nice, it was a great night except for the rain. Why must you always start crap??

06-22-2008, 01:02 PM

oh give me a break....I saw alot of WMPD and everyone was extremly nice, it was a great night except for the rain. Why must you always start crap??

this is probably the old chief because hes still so bitter about getting fired because he wasnt doing a good job. So, he wants to try and make it look like the wmpd cant survive without him...guess what, its doing fine and the citizens and businesses are happy. So, move on RW....You need to worry about keeping your pretend job w/ BSO now.

06-22-2008, 02:04 PM

theres alot of hard working volunteers that put on this event...and they do a great job. what service wasnt provided for you???what the hell is wrong with you.?????? is a better ??????

06-23-2008, 03:07 PM

what a stupid comment, cross Wilton Drive in a safe manner lol..thats funny,...the road was closed, lol..did the PD need to hold your hand???

06-25-2008, 05:06 PM

this is probably the old chief because hes still so bitter about getting fired because he wasnt doing a good job. So, he wants to try and make it look like the wmpd cant survive without him...guess what, its doing fine and the citizens and businesses are happy. So, move on RW....You need to worry about keeping your pretend job w/ BSO now.

I wasn't aware that he got fired. Didn't the City Manager give him an offer to retire? I do know he lives in the City and pays taxes there. Which the current Chief does not. If you pay taxes in a City you care about what happens to it. Sounds to me like the New Police Chief is a little jealous. Still trying to blame the previous chief for your problems.

06-25-2008, 07:42 PM

I wasn't aware that he got fired. Didn't the City Manager give him an offer to retire? I do know he lives in the City and pays taxes there. Which the current Chief does not. If you pay taxes in a City you care about what happens to it. Sounds to me like the New Police Chief is a little jealous. Still trying to blame the previous chief for your problems.

offer to retire or be fired. So, how many police officers live in the city? Why would the new chief be jealous....He has the job, that the old Chief couldnt keep.

06-25-2008, 08:10 PM

What is a pretend job?

06-25-2008, 09:32 PM
[quote="Anonymous":31z16ro2]This has to be one of the most F***** U* events this city and police departments have ever been involved with. Forget the weather, the lack of preparation among the special events committee showed in the number of complaints persons attending had along with the complaints from the business people. What the hell is wrong with the city goverment in Wilton Manors. Cannot you provide basic services required by the community to hold a event which brings CASH to people in the city.

offer to retire or be fired. So, how many police officers live in the city? Why would the new chief be jealous....He has the job, that the old Chief couldnt keep.[/quote:31z16ro2]

Hey Stupid. The point the above writer (chuck) is trying to make, is the old chief lives in the city and pays taxes there, were as most of the cops and the chief do not. Why wouldn't he care what happens to the residents and the police department? Thank god he does, and he has a right to do so. At least he listened to the citizens when there was a problem. Also the crime rate was down and people were not getting hit by cars one after the other on Wilton Drive.

06-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Why do the organizers of the Stonewall have to bring in the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department? What happened to the Wilton Manors Police? They used to cover the event themselves. Everything went smoothly. The guys were so nice and friendly (and cute). It is an insult to be paying taxes like we do and have to bring in another Police Department just to have an event.

06-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Why do the organizers of the Stonewall have to bring in the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department? What happened to the Wilton Manors Police? They used to cover the event themselves. Everything went smoothly. The guys were so nice and friendly (and cute). It is an insult to be paying taxes like we do and have to bring in another Police Department just to have an event.

The event is too large for just the WM PD to do alone, the FLPD has always helped....even when the old chief was there, stop trying to start crap again....its getting old.

06-26-2008, 03:00 PM

The event is too large for just the WM PD to do alone, the FLPD has always helped....even when the old chief was there, stop trying to start crap again....its getting old.
I just spoke to some cop buddies that I know from way back and FLPD did not help with the Stonewall Event. They only closed 16th St.(In their part of town). They did not cover the event. So you my friend are the one trying to cover up crap. Maybe like WMPD does not have enough employees to cover the parade like in the past.

06-26-2008, 03:23 PM

I just spoke to some cop buddies that I know from way back and FLPD did not help with the Stonewall Event. They only closed 16th St.(In their part of town). They did not cover the event. So you my friend are the one trying to cover up crap. Maybe like WMPD does not have enough employees to cover the parade like in the past.

Well, your buddy must not know what hes talking about, because I know for a fact that they helped for years....not sure how many years the event has been held exactly, but they've been around.

06-27-2008, 07:01 PM

Well, your buddy must not know what hes talking about, because I know for a fact that they helped for years....not sure how many years the event has been held exactly, but they've been around.
I am sure he knows what he is talking about. Maybe you are just trying to cover up the fact that WMPD can't handle the event with such a little staff.

06-27-2008, 07:27 PM

I am sure he knows what he is talking about. Maybe you are just trying to cover up the fact that WMPD can't handle the event with such a little staff.

ok fine...whatever makes you feel better...you win. your right...you feel better now...

06-27-2008, 08:19 PM
[quote="Partner":2hlwndll]Why do the organizers of the Stonewall have to bring in the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department? What happened to the Wilton Manors Police? They used to cover the event themselves. Everything went smoothly. The guys were so nice and friendly (and cute). It is an insult to be paying taxes like we do and have to bring in another Police Department just to have an event.

ok fine...whatever makes you feel better...you win. your right...you feel better now...[/quote:2hlwndll]
I know I feel better. But really, I think it is very healthy for you to admit that those who you constantly defend are not always right. In fact, the next step in your recovery would be to admit that some probably need to be removed or fired. I'm pulling for you.

06-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Isn't it funny how most of the pro city / PD posts are done during weekday business hours. Hmmmm..... Do you think maybe they are posting from work? What a joke. Maybe they should get overtime so they can post responses on weekends....Oh thats right. administrators don't get overtime.

06-29-2008, 01:27 AM
[quote="Anonymous":u80vq0im][quote="Partner":u80vq0im]Why do the organizers of the Stonewall have to bring in the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department? What happened to the Wilton Manors Police? They used to cover the event themselves. Everything went smoothly. The guys were so nice and friendly (and cute). It is an insult to be paying taxes like we do and have to bring in another Police Department just to have an event.

ok fine...whatever makes you feel better...you win. your right...you feel better now...[/quote:u80vq0im]
I know I feel better. But really, I think it is very healthy for you to admit that those who you constantly defend are not always right. In fact, the next step in your recovery would be to admit that some probably need to be removed or fired. I'm pulling for you.[/quote:u80vq0im]

who's that?? YOU MAYBE. LOL

08-02-2008, 04:48 AM
Well to all you "Guest" Post let me fill you in on some information.

The Stonewall Pride Organization contacts and pays the Broward County Police organization for the Law Enforcement during the Festival & Parade.

As stated in one of the post, yes the Ft Lauderdale Police has in the past been in attendance for the Festival & Parade.

The WMPD do their Best job possible, but extra staff is required for an event of this size for the safety of all the attendees.

As for the Organizers, we have in the past 5 years done the best job possible, with the volunteer staff that we get. Believe it or not a Board of Seven (7) put this event on; and this year one of them has been battling Cancer and Chemo and another was in the Hospital the week prior and was actually unable to attend the event during Sunday due to doctor’s orders. So please do not make disparaging remarks against a Group that works all year long to bring this event to Our community.

Many want to come to and enjoy the event and few want to volunteer to help, but as a whole you have NO IDEA what it takes to produce an event of this size.

Last year there were an approximate 30,000 people on a street that is only 9/10th of a mile long, during the entire day.

Some have quoted 40,000 for this year, but according to the police, because of the storm, they did not need as many police this years Festival, because people didn't come or left early due to the storm, but it was still a respectful amount of people.