PDA

View Full Version : Unknown off-duty officer killed in Coconut Creek crash

06-20-2008, 06:26 PM
Off-duty police officer killed in Coconut Creek crash
By SALLIE JAMES | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
2:05 PM EDT, June 20, 2008
Article tools
E-mail Share
Digg Del.icio.us Facebook Fark Google Newsvine Reddit Yahoo Print Reprints Post comment Text size: COCONUT CREEK - An off-duty police officer riding his personal motorcycle was killed at 11:24 a.m. on Friday when his bike collided with an SUV at the intersection of Coconut Creek Parkway and Banks Road, said Coconut Creek Police spokesman Anthony Avello.

Police have not yet released the identify of the officer or what agency he worked for, or the name of the SUV driver.

According to Avello, the SUV was westbound on Coconut Creek Parkway making a left turn to head south on Banks Road when the SUV collided with the motorcycle, which was eastbound on Coconut Creek Parkway.

The motorcyclist died at the scene, Avello said. No other details were immediately available.

06-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Article tools
E-mail Share
Digg Del.icio.us Facebook Fark Google Newsvine Reddit Yahoo Print Reprints Post comment Text size: COCONUT CREEK - An off-duty police officer riding his personal motorcycle was killed at 11:24 a.m. on Friday when his bike collided with an SUV at the intersection of Coconut Creek Parkway and Banks Road, said Coconut Creek Police spokesman Anthony Avello.

Police have not yet released the identify of the officer or what agency he worked for, or the name of the SUV driver.

According to Avello, the SUV was westbound on Coconut Creek Parkway making a left turn to head south on Banks Road when the SUV collided with the motorcycle, which was eastbound on Coconut Creek Parkway.

The motorcyclist died at the scene, Avello said. No other details were immediately available.

The officer, who worked for the city of Margate, was 36 years old and worked for the agency for the last five years.

06-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Article tools
E-mail Share

The officer, who worked for the city of Margate, was 36 years old and worked for the agency for the last five years.
Officer Michael Thomas McQuade, 36, was traveling east on Coconut Creek Parkway shortly before noon when he collided with an SUV driven by Loize Augusme, 48, of North Lauderdale that was making a left turn onto Banks Road.

06-21-2008, 04:33 AM
To Miramar Officer M McQuade our deepest and sincere condolences go out to you and your entire family. We never know why these things happen to such wonderful people but let me tell you your in my families prayers.

06-21-2008, 10:56 AM
The Final Inspection"

The policeman stood and faced his God,
which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining,
just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, policeman.
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My church have you been true?"

The policeman squared his shoulders
and said, "No Lord. I guess I ain't.
Because those who carry badges,
can't always be a saint."

"I've had to work most Sundays,
and at times my talk was rough...
and sometimes I've been violent
because the streets are awful tough."

"But I never took a penny,
that wasn't mine to keep...
though I worked a lot of overtime
when the bills got just too steep."

"And I never passed a cry for help,
though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I wept unmanly tears."

"I know I don't deserve a place
among the people here.
They never wanted me around
except to calm their fear."

"If you've a place for me here, Lord,
it needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But, if you don't...I'll understand."

There was silence all around the throne,
where saints had often trod,
as the policeman waited quietly
for the judgement of his God.

"Step forward now, policeman
You've bore your burdens well.
Come walk a beat on heaven's streets.
You've done your time in hell."

Rest in Peace my brother. We'll take watch from here.

06-21-2008, 12:21 PM
R.I.P. May GOD give you strengh Melissa....

06-21-2008, 12:54 PM
MM we're so sorry for your loss. I wish I could tell you why these things happen but they just do for no reason. You have all of our best wishes and prayers. Be strong when you have to but also know that there's nothing wrong with grieving as it's part of the healing process. Take care.

06-21-2008, 02:43 PM
MM- I am so sorry and want you to know that if you need anything- just say the words and we will all be there for you.