PDA

View Full Version : What would Miramar PD do?

06-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Turlock, CA, June 16, 2008 - Shortly after 10:00 p.m. on Saturday night, a 27-year-old man stopped his pickup truck on the side of an unlit country road between Modesto and Turlock in California. The man then took a baby out of the vehicle, removed the infant from his car seat, and proceeded to beat and stomp the child to death. Witnesses were unable to stop the man, who was covered in the baby’s blood, until a Modesto police officer dropped in on the scene by helicopter. When it was readily apparent that the suspect was not going to stop killing the baby, the police officer shot and killed the suspect in hopes of saving the child.

Sadly, the baby boy died on the way to the hospital, gravely injured and drowning in his own blood.

Witnesses called 911just after 10:00 p.m., but their cell phone reception was bad and they weren’t able to give a precise address. It took another 911 call and a few minutes for police to get a good location of the assault and get officers headed to the scene, which was adjacent to a dairy farm in a very rural area with no lighting. Meanwhile, at least two witnesses tried to stop the attack, but were shaken off as the man repeatedly slammed the baby into the asphalt on the side of the road.

“In the shadows and light it looked like he had hit an animal,” said volunteer fire chief Dan Robinson. He was driving home from a late dinner and came upon the scene. “As we backed up again, I could see that he had blood on his arms. I could see that it was a small child.”

Robinson jumped out of his own vehicle and confronted the man, who lunged at him. Robinson said the man “wasn’t screaming and wasn’t loud, but was forceful”, saying “demons” were in the boy. The attacker hardly even slowed down, but grabbed Robinson’s shirt and tried to take a pen out of his pocket, repeating “Give me the knife… give me the knife.” (I think I’d have given the guy a big rock to the back of the head, but that’s just me.)

The attacker continued to punch, stomp, kick, beat and slam the baby into the pavement as officers arrived. A Stanislaus County Sheriff’s helicopter was carrying a Modesto Police tactical officer, who was dropped to the ground so he could get close to the suspect. As the officer witnessed the attack, he ordered the suspect to stop beating the infant, but the suspect continued to kill the child, so the tactical officer did the only thing he could do - he killed the suspect back, shooting the babykiller as he continued to try to land punches on the infant.

Investigators believe they know who the baby is, but will need to do DNA comparison because of the state of the child’s body. The victim was a boy, between twelve and 24 months old. At least one report suggests that the killer may have been the baby’s father. Happy Father’s Day… not.

Update 6/17/08 - The babykiller has been identified as Sergio Aguiar, 27, of Turlock. The victim was his son, also called Sergio, who was born May 8, 2006 and had just turned two years old. Sergio and his wife, Frances Liliana Casian, a kindergarten teacher, are separated and live in different apartments in the same complex. It appears that the baby was on a Father’s Day weekend visit with his dad when he was killed.

The officer who fired on Aguiar is Modesto Police Officer Jerry Ramar, a force veteran and flight officer who made the shot at long range within two minutes of landing. “I have never seen anything like that before and I hope I never have to again, ” Ramar says.

On landing at 10:17, Officer Ramar ordered Aguiar to put his hands up and step away from the baby. Aguiar’s response was to flip Ramar the bird and proceed to kick baby Sergio “like a soccer ball”. Ramar fired striking the subject in the forehead, and by 10:20, Aguiar wasn’t kicking anyone anymore. Unfortunately, Sergio was completely limp and unable to be revived.

Investigators say that the amount of blood inside the truck indicates that baby Sergio had probably suffered fatal injuries before being removed from the vehicle.

06-17-2008, 08:48 PM
well based on recent Miramar shooting statistics including our swat we wouldve shot him but he wouldve survived......

06-17-2008, 09:50 PM
I guess your sharpshooting abilities would have changed that stat.... Why dont you tell us about the shootings you have been in...????

06-17-2008, 10:23 PM
well based on recent Miramar shooting statistics including our swat we wouldve shot him but he wouldve survived......I wouldn't expect you to have any sort of knowledge regarding this subject other than what you have seen or heard while standing your fat @$$ behind the cars or the command post while the real men donned their swat gear and ran into the fight. For starters, the shot that the sniper took was a very diffucult shot, and was a perfect shot. Not many people could have taken a better shot. The sniper was shooting into a moving vehicle, at an angle, at night, with limo tints, and looking right into the bright headlights of the limo tinted, angled, moving vehicle from ground level (which is where the headlights are aimed). Unfortunately, the ballistics of the TAP rounds we use caused the projectile to shatter into pieces when it hit the windshield. The pieces of projectile and the pieces of glass (also called spalling) are what caused the injuries you may or may not have seen from some photographs. The other sniper never had a shot on the vehicle because of his position, therefore he excercised his swat training and used great discipline to take what shot he did have, which was at the front of the vehicle. So maybe now that I have explained this to you, you will either have the balls to confront one of the snipers who were involved and get more information from them or, stop talking crap about something you really didn't know anything about or, try out for the recently opened swat positions and then try to make your way up to the position of sniper, and then do a much better job than any of the other sorry sharpshooters we currently have.

06-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Miramar has a SWAT team now. I thought they were professional trainers.

06-17-2008, 11:24 PM
well based on recent Miramar shooting statistics including our swat we wouldve shot him but he wouldve survived......

ooooooOoooOOOoO!!! boy did I strike a nerve with that open statement

06-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Scout sniper IC wouldve got em for sure...."one shot one kill"... :lol:

06-18-2008, 12:17 AM
ooooooOoooOOOoO!!! boy did I strike a nerve with that open statement[/quote]

Na you just showed your ignorence

06-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Is AH putting in for SWAT. Hes always bragging about being such the top of the line role player. He says he takes out the swat members all the time. Top Cop AH for SWAT.

06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Is AH putting in for SWAT. Hes always bragging about being such the top of the line role player. He says he takes out the swat members all the time. Top Cop AH for SWAT.Now that's comedy. :lol:

06-18-2008, 05:27 PM
ooooooOoooOOOoO!!! boy did I strike a nerve with that open statement

Na you just showed your ignorence[/quote]

IGNORANCE !

06-18-2008, 07:17 PM
well based on recent Miramar shooting statistics including our swat we wouldve shot him but he wouldve survived......I wouldn't expect you to have any sort of knowledge regarding this subject other than what you have seen or heard while standing your fat @$$ behind the cars or the command post while the real men donned their swat gear and ran into the fight. For starters, the shot that the sniper took was a very diffucult shot, and was a perfect shot. Not many people could have taken a better shot. The sniper was shooting into a moving vehicle, at an angle, at night, with limo tints, and looking right into the bright headlights of the limo tinted, angled, moving vehicle from ground level (which is where the headlights are aimed). Unfortunately, the ballistics of the TAP rounds we use caused the projectile to shatter into pieces when it hit the windshield. The pieces of projectile and the pieces of glass (also called spalling) are what caused the injuries you may or may not have seen from some photographs. The other sniper never had a shot on the vehicle because of his position, therefore he excercised his swat training and used great discipline to take what shot he did have, which was at the front of the vehicle. So maybe now that I have explained this to you, you will either have the balls to confront one of the snipers who were involved and get more information from them or, stop talking crap about something you really didn't know anything about or, try out for the recently opened swat positions and then try to make your way up to the position of sniper, and then do a much better job than any of the other sorry sharpshooters we currently have.

"try to make your way up to the position of sniper" Difinitly one of our SNIPERS posted that reply! Thats OK I think it was a great shot! 8)

06-18-2008, 10:22 PM
ask AH if he's the same as everyone else........

06-21-2008, 02:51 PM

"try to make your way up to the position of sniper" Difinitly one of our SNIPERS posted that reply! Thats OK I think it was a great shot! 8)

i heard about the shot, and it is very hard to place a well aim shot throught a wind shield. snipers are not like the movies. every little thing effects a bullet in flight. if the wind shifts from 5-9 mph then you have to change your shot. so imagine trying to shoot through glass. the bullet changes as it goes through the glass. the bullet changes it flight path, velocity, and shape. good shooting.

06-23-2008, 12:33 PM
[ i heard about the shot, and it is very hard to place a well aim shot throught a wind shield. snipers are not like the movies. every little thing effects a bullet in flight. if the wind shifts from 5-9 mph then you have to change your shot. so imagine trying to shoot through glass. the bullet changes as it goes through the glass. the bullet changes it flight path, velocity, and shape. good shooting.[/quote]

Come on it, this shot wasnt 1000 yard away so the wind all all of these factors you spoke of would not be a factor. The only factor was the windshield! You make it sound like you guys were taking that shot from Vietnam across 3 rice patties from a moving helicopter! When you guys do that, then you will deserve some credit.

06-23-2008, 09:25 PM
[ i heard about the shot, and it is very hard to place a well aim shot throught a wind shield. snipers are not like the movies. every little thing effects a bullet in flight. if the wind shifts from 5-9 mph then you have to change your shot. so imagine trying to shoot through glass. the bullet changes as it goes through the glass. the bullet changes it flight path, velocity, and shape. good shooting.

Come on it, this shot wasnt 1000 yard away so the wind all all of these factors you spoke of would not be a factor. The only factor was the windshield! You make it sound like you guys were taking that shot from Vietnam across 3 rice patties from a moving helicopter! When you guys do that, then you will deserve some credit.[/quote]

Ok how many of you have been to the Carlos Hath**** sniper school ZERO

06-24-2008, 12:08 PM
ask the old guy at the hospital, he shot a moving charlie from 500 meters with his m-14 center mass lol.

06-25-2008, 05:10 AM
ask the old guy at the hospital, he shot a moving charlie from 500 meters with his m-14 center mass lol.

well you could do that shot with an m-4. moving might make it harder though. but if you had an m-14 then it would be a lot easier. that is a great rifle.

and i havent been to carlos' school, but i read his book. 93 confirmed kills, and one radiator.