PDA

View Full Version : Misuse of Position

06-17-2008, 03:57 AM
:?:

06-17-2008, 04:02 AM
All she has done is pimped for the police department. They get everything they ask for .What do we get. Scraps thrown to us by her and Gellegos, the City Manager.When has she ever stood up for the general employees! When long respected general employees needed her help, she is always away on a pension conference. I think we need to elect a new ceo of the pension board. Someone who will be in town when needed.

06-17-2008, 04:35 AM
Look at the rejects we have hired from other PD'S.You dred what shows up for a backup. Looks like HR and the PD are hiring people that are going to cost the taxpayers big bucks when lawsuit time comes around. Which if the rumors are true, that time has come. What is up with the EEOC. Rumor has it that the city will be paying more than 87K. EC is all about that claim with RP. Woman problems with the top brass of our PD.Birds of a feather flock together.

06-18-2008, 05:02 AM
People need to look at the mismanagement of our money. We are 4 MILLION DOLLARS in the hole. Employees and cops need to start to questioning this pension board about the unfunded liabilty of 4 MILLION DOLLARS that Paul Kuta has brought to the attention of the public. When we start to retire will the money be in the bank.It all starts with the top and she is the chair or ceo of the pension board. People in power need to be held accountable or be asked to leave the positions they hold. Our futures are at stake.She is a bad HR Director and a HORRIBLE CHAIRPERSON of the Wilton Manors Pension Board. Brenda needs to go asap and we need to hold the investment firms accountable for poor choices.

06-18-2008, 12:41 PM
People need to look at the mismanagement of our money. We are 4 MILLION DOLLARS in the hole. Employees and cops need to start to questioning this pension board about the unfunded liabilty of 4 MILLION DOLLARS that Paul Kuta has brought to the attention of the public. When we start to retire will the money be in the bank.It all starts with the top and she is the chair or ceo of the pension board. People in power need to be held accountable or be asked to leave the positions they hold. Our futures are at stake.She is a bad HR Director and a HORRIBLE CHAIRPERSON of the Wilton Manors Pension Board. Brenda needs to go asap and we need to hold the investment firms accountable for poor choices.
Just the fact that you take Paul Kuta to be a reliable, ACCURATE source of information about city finances tells me that you really have no idea about much.

06-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Just the fact that you take Paul Kuta to be a reliable, ACCURATE source of information about city finances tells me that you really have no idea about much.

Hope you don't think the City Manager and Brenda are reliable. What a joke. It is about time both of them are looked into and the pension lead by someone that doesn't have another agenda.

06-18-2008, 05:26 PM

Hope you don't think the City Manager and Brenda are reliable. What a joke. It is about time both of them are looked into and the pension lead by someone that doesn't have another agenda.

certainly more reliable than all the crap you try and start on here...

06-20-2008, 03:21 AM
The 4 million unfunded liabilty Paul Kuta refers to is based in LAST YEARS numbers. The total unfunded liablity incurred by the wilton manors pension fund has skyrocketed in 08 and will be revealed by the next city audit. If the pension fund were controlled by a private business, both the CEO a.k.a. city manager Joseph Gallagos, and CFO, chief financial officer, Brenda Clanton, would have been terminated years ago for misconduct and failure to properly safeguard corporate funds. TAXPAYERS IN THE ISLAND CITY NEED TO DO THE SAME.

06-20-2008, 03:26 AM
What makes Brenda qualifield to manage a multi million dollar pension fund? Does the city council or state have any standards or qualifications on who should be leading a board responsible for the retirement earnings of a untold amount of people. Inquiring minds want to know!

06-20-2008, 01:59 PM
What makes Brenda qualifield to manage a multi million dollar pension fund? Does the city council or state have any standards or qualifications on who should be leading a board responsible for the retirement earnings of a untold amount of people. Inquiring minds want to know!

who knows why dont you ask someone who cares....maybe no one else wants the responsibility...cause they will have to listen to you complain.

06-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I am a citizen and I'm just curious about something. I have read many things on here about city officials doing various things. Some perhaps believable and some not. What I find problematic is that someone comes on here and defends the city officials no matter what it is said they have done. It is hard to know, but it seems like the same one or two people always rise to their defense.
Are they all great officials? Do you think some have screwed up? Is the poster who defends them all just being paid by city hall to respond to and deflect criticism?
I'd really like to know because I've seen and heard things that bother me about the actions of some city officials (and not just on this forum) and I want to know if they should be gone.
Maybe there are some good people. Maybe there were some good people, who were corrupted by the power and maybe there are some officials working for us that should never have been hired in the first place.
The ones that concern me are obvius... Mayor..City commission..City manager..This pension person..The police chief. Lets get on the same page and get rid of those that are doing us no good!!!

06-20-2008, 08:36 PM
I am a citizen and I'm just curious about something. I have read many things on here about city officials doing various things. Some perhaps believable and some not. What I find problematic is that someone comes on here and defends the city officials no matter what it is said they have done. It is hard to know, but it seems like the same one or two people always rise to their defense.
Are they all great officials? Do you think some have screwed up? Is the poster who defends them all just being paid by city hall to respond to and deflect criticism?
I'd really like to know because I've seen and heard things that bother me about the actions of some city officials (and not just on this forum) and I want to know if they should be gone.
Maybe there are some good people. Maybe there were some good people, who were corrupted by the power and maybe there are some officials working for us that should never have been hired in the first place.
The ones that concern me are obvius... Mayor..City commission..City manager..This pension person..The police chief. Lets get on the same page and get rid of those that are doing us no good!!!

I am also curious..why do you assume that everything you read on here is true?? Do you believe everthing you hear...no one is always defending the officials...they are defending the TRUTH...which is very rarely spoken on this forum. Dont you think if the whole city and all the dept heads were crupit like they want you to think, that something would be done. Come on , lets be realistic...there are one or 2 very unhappy people and they want to make everyone think the worse. There is never any proof of anything on here, just gossip.

06-26-2008, 04:43 PM
I can't believe what I am reading - who can look into this?

07-02-2008, 05:06 AM
Why wasen't the fire, general employees and cops pension fund not audited like the rest of the cities money. Could it be where their is smoke fire suddenly appears. Seems to me the board is on another trip on our money. Orlando again. Kuta was right. This board and fund need to be investigated to see how the 4 million shortfall happend and who should be held accountable. Along with that why no public input was sought on the design of the new city hall complex until the public pressure was insurmountable.Thank you Paul !

07-04-2008, 05:05 AM
This pension fund issues need to be answered by the city manager. Jesus, how the hell can you be under funded by FOUR MILLION DOLLARS in todays economy. Paul was right to raise the issue but it needs to be looked into by zollo and the budget review committee if they are truly independent of the city and the MAYORS CONTROL. I think the fire people are being screwed big time with the cops ( who get everything with cost of living) not to far behind! And we general employees are a whole differnt story.

07-04-2008, 02:34 PM
This pension fund issues need to be answered by the city manager. Jesus, how the hell can you be under funded by FOUR MILLION DOLLARS in todays economy. Paul was right to raise the issue but it needs to be looked into by zollo and the budget review committee if they are truly independent of the city and the MAYORS CONTROL. I think the fire people are being screwed big time with the cops ( who get everything with cost of living) not to far behind! And we general employees are a whole differnt story.

and where do you get the figure 4 million dollars?? Maybe you should learn to read a budget...and the Fire people as you call them are through Fort Lauderdale.......we dont have anything to do with there contract.