PDA

View Full Version : new chevy's

06-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Interestingly enough it has been learned the new Chevy's that are being issued are very nice, with the light bar controls in the center console.
However, major drawback here sports fans; there is no in-car police radio. Might wanna let a staff member know..just my opinion. The opening in the console exists, just no radio.

06-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Good grief conspiracy theorists abound yet again. Did you bother to ask anyone (i.e. your supervisor, someone at fleet) to verify this posting before you posted it and got the rumor-mongers going?? Do me a favor, do the right thing and ask around before posting on here. You'll actually be doing yourself a favor. Get your facts before you post.

06-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Ummm..yea....Wouldn't have posted it if it weren't true....Just ask someone who just had one issued to them...

06-13-2008, 10:19 AM
hey eiger, yeah ive seen them though I dont have the 08'. Radios are kinda important.

But.. one positive aspect though. At least you have trunk key holes so when your battery goes dead, you can open your trunk to get your jumper cables

06-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Very true my freind. Other than that the car seems pretty nice. The radio would have completed a very nice center console package..

06-14-2008, 05:23 PM
I think the radios are being installed in the '08s now. Can anybody confirm this?

06-15-2008, 08:25 PM
If you took the time to look in the trunk, you would have seen a radio. If you tok the time to listen, you would have heard that you need to take the car to the radio shop to have it installed.

06-15-2008, 09:12 PM
I still don't want one. They are fine and dandy for deputies under 6'2/200lbs. What about the deputies that are 6'4 and up? It's impossible to make a quick exit from the vehicle.

06-15-2008, 09:45 PM
I agree, anyone whos 6' and above does NOT need to be in these cars. I'm not above 6 ft so I should be in one, and I am. I dont have any problems but Ive seen quite a few others who are having back and leg problems.

It will only be a matter of time before they get a doctor that will say they are unable to work due to the car. Uniformity is great, but all heights are different.

06-15-2008, 09:59 PM
This just in......all deputies 6'0 and over are to be terminated immeadiately to ensure all deputies can drive the new vehicles.

It's gonna be bad when we have half or our deputies driving around impalas without cages because they are over 6'0 and having back problems from it. Hope all of us shorties like transporting!

06-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Hang on a sec.....I have NEVER seen a DS of that size (6'2) or over, especially with a bit of meat on them make a quick exit from anything, let along a patrol car. i could be wrong....

06-25-2008, 11:57 PM
if we have to us fluffy boys and girls can move

06-26-2008, 07:04 PM
i'm 6 ft tall. it is true about exiting the impala. you have to exit at an awkward angle to get out. i'm not necessarily complaining, but just stating what my experience is. the jury is still out on what the long range durability is going to be.

07-06-2008, 06:34 PM
What ever happend to the idaa of using Trail Blazers, much taller to see over traffic, inline 6, more Hp, and great for taller and fluffier deputies, and their cheaper to buy than the Impalas.

07-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Never heard of using them but that would be awesome..... We could pack them bad boys down... But... SUV's are known to tip, so my guess is that had some influence in not using them, dunno.. Nice thought tho.

07-08-2008, 02:19 AM
they are also not cheaper than the impalas. i suggest you visit the florida sheriff's assoc webpage for the current state contract rates.