PDA

View Full Version : new districts

06-11-2008, 08:24 PM
with the new districts coming sometime soon (oct) does the powers that be care that this will be in the start of alot of vacation and holiday time off for some and this will cause problems

06-12-2008, 12:49 AM
If you have senority you know where you will be so there is no problem. If you are not sure I would not rush out and buy plane tickets for Thanksgiving and Christmas thinking they have to give you off, because they don't, and you will just piss your supervisors off. Just wait and see, nothing is set in stone yet. If you have been here long enough you know not to believe anything till you see it in writing or till it actually happens.

06-12-2008, 02:17 AM
You can always quit to ensure that you get your holiday time off. I know there are plenty of people that would love to have a stable job right about now. Stop your whining about the small stuff.

06-12-2008, 02:32 AM
As a supervisor and a 20+ year member, I can tell you there is no time of the year that will not involve members taking leave time. If you have legitimate time off scheduled then it will be honored.

Also I wouldn't count on the change happening in October. I don't think a date has been set in stone, there are way too many variables in play.

06-12-2008, 12:49 PM
the proposed new boundary lines that i've seen make no sense. who cares if a computer and a number cruncher can figure out an area that generates 25% of the calls. how about using common sense when making the boundary lines. take into consideration response times, main roadway arteries, etc. it may make more sense to break up the county in a way where once district is allocated the number of deputies that it needs for it's designated geographical area and population. but hey, what do i know? i'm just out in the field working and not sitting at a desk.

06-12-2008, 01:43 PM
You can always quit to ensure that you get your holiday time off. I know there are plenty of people that would love to have a stable job right about now. Stop your whining about the small stuff.

wow you must be part of the powers that be and get your vacation no matter what or buckin for promotion

06-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I agree, the new boundaries I have seen for the SE and Central Districts are ridiculous... Lets drive to Wahneta for a noise complaint while driving down CGB as a Burglary in progress comes out in Garden Grove.. We are right there, yet we have NO idea because we are in SE and Garden Grove is in Central.... But yep, who are we? Just the ones out there working the road daily....
And yeah, to you rookies, I still wouldn't go buying up your Thanksgiving and Christmas plane tickets thinking just because you bought them that you will get the time off, don't see it happening....

06-14-2008, 12:56 AM
there's just no way to make everyone happy.

you really SHOULD know what's going on in the other districts either by scanning the adjacent channels or at a minimum by keeping cad up in more than just your channel.

the goal is to allocate all the resources as evenly as they can and to eventually make the new district totally self controlled with new detectives,sso's and k9.

some areas are tough to drive around in. take nw for example, there's really no fast\easy way to get from pc4 to wabash.

as for vacation times: the previous poster was right,if you have seniority,you already know you'll get what you want. if you don't then don't make plans. its unlikely the new district will be 100% ready by then anyway. [/i]

06-16-2008, 01:02 AM
heres a idea get all the bugs worked out and we bid in dec and change in jan like always

06-16-2008, 01:48 AM
Yeah, but bidding in December as usual would make too much sense.
Just like asking our opinions on the boundaries, those that work out here.
And with all the bs radio traffic on one channel who has time to monitor the others, surely not me. I keep up well with what is going on in my entire District, I think that is enough.