PDA

View Full Version : What is wasteful?

06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
What has our department done that you see as a waste of money? Who is a waste of money? What schools have people been sent to that are wastes?

06-10-2008, 03:47 PM
What has our department done that you see as a waste of money? Who is a waste of money? What schools have people been sent to that are wastes?

They hired you, You are a waste of money, and the schools are a waste if you don't apply them to your daily function. :twisted:

06-10-2008, 07:56 PM
VACIS, K9, accreditation, FBI Academy, TRS, hazmat suits, most of in-service, positions created for buddies, this is what wasteful thngs are made of.

06-11-2008, 12:41 AM
What is the flap big bird, who you talking about?

06-11-2008, 02:09 AM

You must be from another planet. If you have worked here for over a week you should know the answer to that question...

06-11-2008, 05:16 AM
The things mentioned are not waste. Seens canine have kept up with pace plus doing regular duties with a extra tool they have to find what wehere all looking for. As for Viacis, they are getting there since having manpower issues, they will be rocking again soon. Not their fault. Another great tool though. We need to work together and understand a bit nore of what everyone does and how they deal with it. That would in iself make life easier for all.

06-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Please!!! I have only ever seen a K9 used to detect a violation that was not already known to be there twice. Most of the time the dogs never come out of the overpriced dog house (Expedition) unless it's to pee. Most of the K9 "violations" are given to them by ramp officers throwing them a bone. Then they walk the dog around it and credit it to the dog. Been there, seen it, and thrown the bone.

What has VACIS ever found that they did not already know was there? Most of the time the contra band is found then scanned with the VACIS truck and credited to the truck.

Yes they are great tools if they were used properly, but they are not, nor will some let them be. Those trucks should run 24/7 and the dogs should be able to find drugs.

Yeah, yeah I know "big picture" and all.

06-12-2008, 05:56 AM
I agree that there is ALOT of honest, hard working tax payers money going to waste in this department....

So I ask you..........
FACTS OR FACTORS???
Maybe its BOTH......
I wonder how the public would like it if they found out just how much of their tax dollars were wasted on VACIS, K-9, UN-NECESSARY Trianing, conferences, FBI SCHOOL (WOW- now thats a thorn in the side) ----- FBI SCHOOL????? how is that gonna help our department???? How do all the Investigators feel about it??? Thats almost like a slap in the face to them.... Why wasnt some one from thier department sent??? someone maybe that had been with the department for years and years....

FACTS are that there is alot of "favorites" starting in Tallahasse and going right on down to the Fanning place.....
"RUMOR IS" that Pittman is "grooming" ole Timbo for his position ... bet barry would NOT like that FACT...
WHO can replace ole Pittman????? with his knowledge and years of experience???? NO ONE !!!!!! Sure he can be sneaky and devious BUT he does know the run of the department.....

SO what lies ahead???
With all the BIG Chiefs and not enough braves.. the agency will lose sight of what Agricultural Law Enforcement is all about and it will continue to crumble.....

:shock:

06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Right on post there!

Yeah the FBI Academy for someone that will more than likely be gone in the next two years! Someone that has never done the core mission of this department, and has only her best interest and future in mind. Maybe some one should of been sent as stated above that had been here for years and that planned to stay for years, not just BLOWING thru.

Yep old gutless, limp cold handshake Tim will be taking Pittman's spot, already going to meetings with him. Barry I think has figured he is where he is going to be and no where else. You can only ride a horse insurance case so long, that ride is over.

A lot of people do not care for Pittman, but when it comes down to it no one above him or below him knows more about the ins and outs of this department and the politics that go with it. I believe he always has the best interest of the department in mind, not his own interests. Many in Tally and else where have only their interests and future in mind, not the officers or the departments.

What lies ahead depends on who we get as a new Commish in two years. The wrong Commish and we will be shut down. The right Commish...who knows.

06-12-2008, 07:33 PM
[quote="waste not want not"]Right on post there!

Yeah the FBI Academy for someone that will more than likely be gone in the next two years! Someone that has never done the core mission of this department, and has only her best interest and future in mind. Maybe some one should of been sent as stated above that had been here for years and that planned to stay for years, not just BLOWING thru.

Yep old gutless, limp cold handshake Tim will be taking Pittman's spot, already going to meetings with him. Barry I think has figured he is where he is going to be and no where else. You can only ride a horse insurance case so long, that ride is over.

Many in Tally and else where have only their interests and future in mind, not the officers or the departments.

Tim is a good guy. At least he has been in the trenches and paid his dues, unlike some that we have. He has worked the ramps before we had the relitively comfortable setup that we have now. By the way, you can probably thank him for the role he had in that. You can't blame him for being in the right place at the right time and working to get where he's at. You need to aim higher than him.

06-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Tim is a good guy, it is just that he is so very afraid of anyone over him that he will not stand up and make a good decision when it needs to be made for fear of making someone angry. Sometimes I would like to go to the morgue and see if I could get him a spine donation. There is nothing wrong with doing your job and doing it good, but he is scared of doing it, scared he will catch flack from Tally. We need someone that can do what needs to be done and make decisions when they need to be made, not cower to those in Tally. Good guy yes, leader no. He would make a good admin major, when old blow through leaves.

Hulk Hogan
06-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Tim is a good guy, it is just that he is so very afraid of anyone over him that he will not stand up and make a good decision when it needs to be made for fear of making someone angry. Sometimes I would like to go to the morgue and see if I could get him a spine donation. There is nothing wrong with doing your job and doing it good, but he is scared of doing it, scared he will catch flack from Tally. We need someone that can do what needs to be done and make decisions when they need to be made, not cower to those in Tally. Good guy yes, leader no. He would make a good admin major, when old blow through leaves.

Well said....

06-13-2008, 01:32 AM
Hey Oscar, what needs to be done?, you have plenty of complaints, but no answers. Since you have the cover of an anonomous thread, tell us oh great problem solver.

06-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Nothing like being "professional" and airing all your dirty laundry in public. Thanks a lot guys.

06-14-2008, 02:02 AM
Professionalism starts at the top and works it way down>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Leadership & setting good examples is a must if you expect to be "Professionals" >>>>>>>>>> sure don't say a whole lot for the Chiefs & Chiefettes in Tallahassee <<<<<<< If the department were run by professionals then the braves would not be putting their ((the Chiefs & Chiefettes)) dirty laundry here for ALL PUBLIC EYES TO READ.....and you can bet that news of this website is becoming very public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-14-2008, 01:42 PM
If leadership starts at the top, we are in trouble. The chiefs answer to the Lt.Col who is well known for rolling over to the chiefs instead of stopping some of their dumb decisions. As for the Colonel :oops:

06-16-2008, 02:43 AM
If leadership starts at the top, we are in trouble. The chiefs answer to the Lt.Col who is well known for rolling over to the chiefs instead of stopping some of their dumb decisions. As for the Colonel :oops:

If we follow the example we are shown by our brass, our so called "Leaders", we will learn how to lie to your subordinates, step on whoever you need to to better yourself, how to transform lieutenants to Captians and Captians to Majors at the drop of a hat. Oh, don't forget, make Lieutenants appear out of thin air. I could go on and on. Maybe they can show us how to turn those pretty acreditation stickers into a pay raise?

06-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey Tommy, just quit, we have had some of the best leadership in my 23 years here. You must be a new guy and probably suck at your job. The people in Tallahassee are some of the best we ever had. We had nothing but a lot of hot air from the last guy in charge. Yes the colonel is retired, but many of the bosses are good folks who do the best for us. Just quit and go back to circle k.

06-17-2008, 06:34 AM
sounds like Rat / Silly is part of the tally clan

06-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Yes it is easy to tell who bows at the feet of those on high. There is still alot of blowing going on in Tally. It does not take to much to figure out who rat /silly may be and where he/she works thanks to the Circle K comment. And the rat/silly fits because they would rat your silly a$$ out if they thought it would benefit them.

06-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey Tommy, just quit, we have had some of the best leadership in my 23 years here. You must be a new guy and probably suck at your job. The people in Tallahassee are some of the best we ever had. We had nothing but a lot of hot air from the last guy in charge. Yes the colonel is retired, but many of the bosses are good folks who do the best for us. Just quit and go back to circle k.

No Sonny, I'm afraid you are several years my junior. I figure I have forgot more about this job than you will ever know. But I'd say you ARE MUCH better than me in one particular area..... :lol:

06-20-2008, 06:20 PM
[quote="Rat/Silly":1iar98i5]Hey Tommy, just quit, we have had some of the best leadership in my 23 years here. You must be a new guy and probably suck at your job. The people in Tallahassee are some of the best we ever had. We had nothing but a lot of hot air from the last guy in charge. Yes the colonel is retired, but many of the bosses are good folks who do the best for us. Just quit and go back to circle k.

No Sonny, I'm afraid you are several years my junior. I figure I have forgot more about this job than you will ever know. But I'd say you ARE MUCH better than me in one particular area..... :lol:[/quote:1iar98i5]

Well Silly Rat, it sounds like Tommy has got your number....

06-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Sounds like you two losers Tommy and Ben need to just quit. You know nothing about a place yet you want to complain about everything. Grow some tomatos and go to Tally and show em you losers.

06-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Sounds like you two losers Tommy and Ben need to just quit. You know nothing about a place yet you want to complain about everything. Grow some tomatos and go to Tally and show em you losers.
I daresay I have forgotten more about this place than you will ever know....... :lol:

06-21-2008, 03:37 PM
who is that red head in the Talla? The Chief/Capt?