PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Radio Practice

06-09-2008, 03:38 AM
I can't stand when a deputy acknowledges a radio message and gives some annoying reply of teeeewwww. Why can't they just say 10-4 like a normal professional deputy would instead of this childish display? Some of you may not no what I'm talking about but, this occurs everyday................every district. To those who do it...STOP!!!!

06-09-2008, 06:20 AM
I can't stand when a deputy acknowledges a radio message and gives some annoying reply of teeewwww.Why can't they just say 10-4 like a normal professional deputy would instead of this childish display? Some of you may not no what I'm talking about but, this occurs everyday................every district. To those who do it...STOP!!!!

Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinyow!

06-09-2008, 08:39 AM
It's know not no....Let's proof read please.

06-09-2008, 10:34 AM
I can't stand when a deputy acknowledges a radio message and gives some annoying reply of teeeewwwww.Why can't they just say 10-4 like a normal professional deputy would instead of this childish display? Some of you may not no what I'm talking about but, this occurs everyday................every district. To those who do it...STOP!!!!

THIS is the big thing in your life to complain about ?! Does it occur to you how small and insignificant this is in the scope of life? On the scale, 0-10, of things that would bug a person, it MIGHT rank a 1, maybe! So What!!

06-09-2008, 03:46 PM
I can't stand when a deputy acknowledges a radio message and gives some annoying reply of teeeewwww. Why can't they just say 10-4 like a normal professional deputy would instead of this childish display? Some of you may not no what I'm talking about but, this occurs everyday................every district. To those who do it...STOP!!!!

the World must be a tough place to live when you have so much to worry about.

06-09-2008, 09:15 PM
whatever happened to discpline...it's just going to get worse. Next thing you know people are just going to be saying all kinds of things on the radio.

06-09-2008, 11:23 PM
This kind of radio behavior must be stopped at the sergeant level.

06-10-2008, 12:52 AM
It is annoying and unprofessional. While we're at it, saying 'show me' 51, 97, etc. is equally anoying. Just say 51 or 97. Save the radio air, remember brevity.

06-10-2008, 07:30 AM
CHOWAAAAA........ I think we should start saying, "WAAAAAHHHHH, like a baby crying for the original poster.

06-10-2008, 12:36 PM
It's funny, those of us with prior military service all feel the same way - we have a bunch of non-disciplined yahoo's running around out here with no sense of pride in themselves or their work. The reason they make funny sounds on the radio is simply an extension of that. No discipline, no professionalism, no pride in their work.

You do not have to be prior military to have pride in yourself. Just start with the basics.

06-10-2008, 04:38 PM
That sound is stupid. Any deputy participating in this should be written up.

06-10-2008, 11:19 PM
It's funny, those of us with prior military service all feel the same way - we have a bunch of non-disciplined yahoo's running around out here with no sense of pride in themselves or their work. The reason they make funny sounds on the radio is simply an extension of that. No discipline, no professionalism, no pride in their work.

You do not have to be prior military to have pride in yourself. Just start with the basics.

oh please.. 3 of my 4 corporals during FTO were marines.. and the TAAAAOOOOWWWW was learned from one of them.

06-10-2008, 11:31 PM

oh please.. 3 of my 4 corporals during FTO were marines.. and the TAAAAOOOOWWWW was learned from one of them.

OK- cut the cord from your FTO now and realize that he sounded like a moron. Hopefully you learned more than that from him. Be safe out there.

06-10-2008, 11:36 PM

OK- cut the cord from your FTO now and realize that he sounded like a moron. Hopefully you learned more than that from him. Be safe out there.

taaaaoooowww!.. im 48...

i also learned that its ok to wear a uniform with bbq sauce on it from last week

06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
A lot of this nonsense boils downs to sargents doing there job. It seems that a lot of them are doing everything but being a supervisor. I can tell you that we dont have these issues north of belvedere rd. We not perfect but we dont sound like morons on the radio.

06-11-2008, 12:06 AM
"Guest 007" you don't have these problems north of Belvedere? Oh my, what are you smoking? Did you hear the 10-150 today on the radio? Atrocious!

06-11-2008, 12:31 AM
A lot of this nonsense boils downs to sargents doing there job. It seems that a lot of them are doing everything but being a supervisor. I can tell you that we dont have these issues north of belvedere rd. We not perfect but we dont sound like morons on the radio.

Hey Guest007 - What are "sargents?" Whewwwwwwww.

06-11-2008, 05:13 PM
That is interesting, the comments about dist 3 being so professional. Just the other day 158 came in to Dist one line up and told us Dist one was "just starting to have a little too much radio traffic, try to cut back on it a bit. That's what the whole purpose of the MDT's were for." He then commented on how Dist 3, while almost just as busy as One, sounds like "Wellington on the radio" now.

06-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Start posting their names if they do it.

06-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Don't forget the dispatchers who thought they were WWF announcers when they when 10-8/10-7

06-12-2008, 01:34 AM
You can take a person out of Westgate, but you'll never take "The Westgate" out of the person. Undisciplined Fook's deserve a blanket party. See what happens when you hire a bunch of whiney college pukes. Bring on the comments from the college pukes on how difficult it was in college taking a test in an air conditioned class room or tie your knot in the toga outfit and playing caveman for the sorority girls. You can buy a degree on-line overseas or earn a degree over the internet. I'll take one military veteran, preferably a marine or soldier over ten undisciplined college boys that think they're cute sweet talkin' on the radio. Grow up, get some discipline and integrity in your self-centered life. This job ain't no joke little boys that like to play on the radio!

07-21-2008, 07:16 PM
My favorite radio practice: When the Sergeant asks the Deputy who answers his radio after being called the tenth time. "Have that unit 45 me."
I got a better idea, you are his/her supervisor AND SHOULD HAVE HIS CELL NUMBER, SOOOOOOOO why don't you make the call.

07-21-2008, 11:59 PM
They sergeants have to act like they are doing something or else the nest thing you will here is a 200 unit having a 300 unit 45 him. It is just a big game to show everyone how important you are.

07-22-2008, 01:13 AM
They sergeants have to act like they are doing something or else the nest thing you will here is a 200 unit having a 300 unit 45 him. It is just a big game to show everyone how important you are.

You hit the nail on the head!

07-22-2008, 02:05 PM
When one unit asks another to switch to 91, why can't the dispatcher give the deputy a chance to acknowledge before piping in and repeating the unit's call sign? It is quite annoying.

07-23-2008, 01:56 AM
I guess the above poster would prefer the questions to be ask over the main channel? Or would it be to much to just listen to your radio so this would not happen.......grow up and be responsible for you own actions![/quote]

07-24-2008, 12:09 AM
I guess the above poster would prefer the questions to be ask over the main channel? Or would it be to much to just listen to your radio so this would not happen.......grow up and be responsible for you own actions![/quote]

You misunderstood.

07-24-2008, 03:36 AM
The responce is directed at the commets about the sergeant having the deputy call them for not answering theradio

08-02-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm 10-48. What happened to 10-26?

08-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm 10-48. What happened to 10-26?

People don't realize 10-48 ends in a question mark if they bother to look at the 10 codes.

08-02-2008, 07:31 PM
GLAD TO SEE ALL DEPARTMENT'S ARE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME, NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL. ON ANOTHER SUBJECT, LET ME SAY THAT I RESPECT AND BELIEVE ALL MILITARY VETERANS DESERVE EVERY BENEFIT THIS COUNTRY HAS TO OFFER ( WHICH THEY DON'T, BUT SHOULD). JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE COMPLETED A TERM OF MILITARY SERVICE DOES'NT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE THEM ALLMIGHTY, OR SOMEONE TO BE FOLLOWED. MANY DO, BUT THERE ARE THOSE ?

08-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Regarding the difference between 10-48 and 10-26.... The use of '10' codes and signals is obsolete. They were developed in the early days of radio and have little or no value in todays complex systems.

Down sides are that different agencies use similar, but not exactly the same signals and codes and those listening have scanners and a code sheet from your local Radio Shack or on-line, so what is the purpose.

Go to straight talk aka "Pro- Words". Everyone is one the same sheet of music (especially in a multi-agency situation), those listening already know what is going on. There used to be federal money available to agencies that went to such a system. Plus, think how much easier it would be train on the radio (D/S and commo people, alike).

PBC Fire-Rescue has been using the Pro- Words since 1981.

Also, when something hits the fan using multiple units, have the 5 or 6 of them go 10-91 and leave the other 20+ units alone on the district channel. That is what 91 was designed for - lets stop using 1970's procedures on todays radio system. When the current radio system went 10-8, a respected (yes, there actually were a couple back then) and now retired staff mamber tried to change the procedure to this and was told NO. How difficult is it to switch the radio togggle one click from 'a' to 'b'? Why are folks so afraid of change, especially if it is more efficient?

Again - look at fire-rescue. Their main channel is clear for normal communication. Fires and incidents are handled on a separate TAC channel.

Sorry to ramble but I felt it needed to be said.