PDA

View Full Version : Is Davie PD hiring?

06-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Is your dept. currently hiring or just taking applications for assessment at a later date?

An earlier post on 6/01/2008 indicated 15 positions were cut.

06-09-2008, 02:59 PM
yeah. we're hiring. the 15 positions that were cut weren't filled anyways. There are definitely vacancies though. just make sure you have a few things before applying.

-IQ of more than 10 but less than 50
-can speak spanish (or other non-native language) and some "command" English
-have mental issues and/or are unstable
-have a basic knowledge on pyramid schemes

But seriously we ARE hiring.

06-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Thank you, I meet all your listed criteria. I should be a great candidate then haha...

06-09-2008, 10:24 PM
also, have big lips to assist in your desire to be promoted, refuse to wrok out and go to bravo shift, and no matter what, devise random rules that only apply to your shift and they contradict thegen orders......oh wait that whats needed to be a LT.....nevermind

06-09-2008, 10:27 PM
also, have big lips to assist in your desire to be promoted, refuse to wrok out and go to bravo shift, and no matter what, devise random rules that only apply to your shift and they contradict thegen orders......oh wait that whats needed to be a LT.....nevermind
sorry only the last part was for the lts on mids.... good luck applying and we can actually use a good (new)cop

06-10-2008, 02:25 AM

To the original poster. If you can type and/or communicate better then the idiot who typed above, we'll take you.

06-10-2008, 11:15 AM

To the original poster. If you can type and/or communicate better then the idiot who typed above, we'll take you.

Based on these few posts, I'm better off staying at a real job.

06-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Lack of balls to make important decisions out in the field is a must if you want to climb the ladder here also!

06-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Lack of balls to make important decisions out in the field is a must if you want to climb the ladder here also!

what decisions are we talking about? one's you do not like or one's that are needed?

06-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I really have nothing for this post, but I just wanted to say that I love the name "Slim Foyer." Do I have permission to use it in a Chance Ransom story?

06-16-2008, 12:24 AM

until you walk a mile in a bosses shoes, you should not comment on what you do not understand

06-16-2008, 09:20 PM
[quote="slim foyer":74464huv]Lack of balls to make important decisions out in the field is a must if you want to climb the ladder here also!

until you walk a mile in a bosses shoes, you should not comment on what you do not understand[/quote:74464huv]

REALLY? A WHOLE MILE? HAVE YOU SEEN THE SHAPE (PEAR) THAT MOST OF THEM ARE IN ?

06-16-2008, 10:39 PM
[quote="slim foyer":153ncbpk]Lack of balls to make important decisions out in the field is a must if you want to climb the ladder here also!

until you walk a mile in a bosses shoes, you should not comment on what you do not understand

REALLY? A WHOLE MILE? HAVE YOU SEEN THE SHAPE (PEAR) THAT MOST OF THEM ARE IN ?[/quote:153ncbpk]

is that the best you can offer?

06-17-2008, 02:26 PM
I continue to hear from several officers throughout Broward that Davie is the top dept as far as pay,benefits, and overall morale. How would you guys rate your dept compared to the other top dept in Broward? I would rather hear it from the Davie ofc's. Thanks!!

06-17-2008, 02:27 PM
I continue to hear from several officers throughout Broward that Davie is the top dept as far as pay,benefits, and overall morale. How would you guys rate your dept compared to the other top dept in Broward? I would rather hear it from the Davie ofc's. Thanks!!

06-17-2008, 08:08 PM
you can go online to each depts union website to compare for yourself and see what matters to you.....we as a group are happy about many things and of course unhappy about a few as expected....I will say that the contracts pass pretty easily