PDA

View Full Version : 411

06-07-2008, 11:44 AM
It usually takes a lot to make me mad, but I've about had enough of 411 Friday. How dare the Sheriff talk about tough economic times. HIS salary is automatic and directly linked to population. HE is making more now than at any point in his career. WE are the ones getting creamed at the pumps and grocery. WE are the ones struggling to maintain our families and lifestyle. He's been told to trim his budget-BIG DEAL. How about starting with eliminating waste- like Dept of External Affairs-like secretaries that make more than topped out Deputies-like a top heavy administration. Maybe let people transfer to Districts near their homes. There are dozens of ways to spend money better.
Instead he PRAISES the Lts for being team players which of course is a knock on us for not playing ball. Instead he tells us a 3% COLA in a 6% inflationary economy is FAIR. HE is the one who has pushed this to impasse. HE refuses to come back to the table. Why? Because he is mad. I cannot tell you how disappointing his administration has been so far. There is still time to fix this. MAKE A BETTER OFFER. Otherwise see you in November.

06-07-2008, 12:37 PM
It usually takes a lot to make me mad, but I've about had enough of 411 Friday. How dare the Sheriff talk about tough economic times. HIS salary is automatic and directly linked to population. HE is making more now than at any point in his career. WE are the ones getting creamed at the pumps and grocery. WE are the ones struggling to maintain our families and lifestyle. He's been told to trim his budget-BIG DEAL. How about starting with eliminating waste- like Dept of External Affairs-like secretaries that make more than topped out Deputies-like a top heavy administration. Maybe let people transfer to Districts near their homes. There are dozens of ways to spend money better.
Instead he PRAISES the Lts for being team players which of course is a knock on us for not playing ball. Instead he tells us a 3% COLA in a 6% inflationary economy is FAIR. HE is the one who has pushed this to impasse. HE refuses to come back to the table. Why? Because he is mad. I cannot tell you how disappointing his administration has been so far. There is still time to fix this. MAKE A BETTER OFFER. Otherwise see you in November.You will see Lamberti in November and December, but say goodbye to Lamberti in January. They are all gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-07-2008, 01:05 PM
[quote="Guest Too":1lhxihdx]It usually takes a lot to make me mad, but I've about had enough of 411 Friday. How dare the Sheriff talk about tough economic times. HIS salary is automatic and directly linked to population. HE is making more now than at any point in his career. WE are the ones getting creamed at the pumps and grocery. WE are the ones struggling to maintain our families and lifestyle. He's been told to trim his budget-BIG DEAL. How about starting with eliminating waste- like Dept of External Affairs-like secretaries that make more than topped out Deputies-like a top heavy administration. Maybe let people transfer to Districts near their homes. There are dozens of ways to spend money better.
Instead he PRAISES the Lts for being team players which of course is a knock on us for not playing ball. Instead he tells us a 3% COLA in a 6% inflationary economy is FAIR. HE is the one who has pushed this to impasse. HE refuses to come back to the table. Why? Because he is mad. I cannot tell you how disappointing his administration has been so far. There is still time to fix this. MAKE A BETTER OFFER. Otherwise see you in November.You will see Lamberti in November and December, but say goodbye to Lamberti in January. They are all gone!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:1lhxihdx]

First off...are you joking Father Time. There will be no raise now and whomever you think will come in if Lamberti loses the election will do the same. THERE IS NO MONEY. damn you people are stupid.

06-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I like the 411..Sounds like another PBA rep trying to trash the Sheriff again. Respect and Honor We are the spartans of this agency. Respect the office of the Sheriff. Now that the rats who followed the leaders will get a contract shoved down there throat. I dont see any of you rats asking for food stamps. Plenty of details, and overtime. Dont just sit back and expect a silver platter, do your fu...job and dont be a lazy slug like the three stooges from NY.

06-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Well said, stand up for yourself instead of following these morons fron NYPD. They left there, there was a reason, and went to other agencies which they too. Don't let them ruin BSO.

Remember where are they working, WESTON and the FISH BOWL. Only one works in real district? So who ar ethey to talk?

I fyou have a brain use it. Thisis not the road patrol against the detective sor anyone else. They created this division.

06-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Well said, stand up for yourself instead of following these morons fron NYPD. They left there, there was a reason, and went to other agencies which they too. Don't let them ruin BSO.

Remember where are they working, WESTON and the FISH BOWL. Only one works in real district? So who ar ethey to talk?

I fyou have a brain use it. Thisis not the road patrol against the detective sor anyone else. They created this division.

No the detectives who walk around with their noses in the air speaking to road patrol like yesterdays trash started this division, make no mistake about that. Now we have stood up for ourselves and since we have the numbers were in charge of our destiny for once. Bailen Berman and Diperna have only provided a small amount of leadership and showed us the way. I appreciate them putting their necks on the line and spending time away from their friends and family to stand out in parking lots in 95 degree heat to bring us their message. Maybe if the Sheriff would have stood out in the parking lot in similiar conditions and put in the same amount of effort his contract would have passed. By the way to the poster above please dont drink and type!!!!

06-07-2008, 05:07 PM
[quote="Father Time":17swwhox][quote="Guest Too":17swwhox]It usually takes a lot to make me mad, but I've about had enough of 411 Friday. How dare the Sheriff talk about tough economic times. HIS salary is automatic and directly linked to population. HE is making more now than at any point in his career. WE are the ones getting creamed at the pumps and grocery. WE are the ones struggling to maintain our families and lifestyle. He's been told to trim his budget-BIG DEAL. How about starting with eliminating waste- like Dept of External Affairs-like secretaries that make more than topped out Deputies-like a top heavy administration. Maybe let people transfer to Districts near their homes. There are dozens of ways to spend money better.
Instead he PRAISES the Lts for being team players which of course is a knock on us for not playing ball. Instead he tells us a 3% COLA in a 6% inflationary economy is FAIR. HE is the one who has pushed this to impasse. HE refuses to come back to the table. Why? Because he is mad. I cannot tell you how disappointing his administration has been so far. There is still time to fix this. MAKE A BETTER OFFER. Otherwise see you in November.You will see Lamberti in November and December, but say goodbye to Lamberti in January. They are all gone!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:17swwhox]

First off...are you joking Father Time. There will be no raise now and whomever you think will come in if Lamberti loses the election will do the same. THERE IS NO MONEY. darn you people are stupid.[/quote:17swwhox]

Were not worried about a raise Id take a zero just to see AL hit the road, see ya in November!!!

06-07-2008, 05:09 PM
[quote="Father Time":fa1xzhdl][quote="Guest Too":fa1xzhdl]It usually takes a lot to make me mad, but I've about had enough of 411 Friday. How dare the Sheriff talk about tough economic times. HIS salary is automatic and directly linked to population. HE is making more now than at any point in his career. WE are the ones getting creamed at the pumps and grocery. WE are the ones struggling to maintain our families and lifestyle. He's been told to trim his budget-BIG DEAL. How about starting with eliminating waste- like Dept of External Affairs-like secretaries that make more than topped out Deputies-like a top heavy administration. Maybe let people transfer to Districts near their homes. There are dozens of ways to spend money better.
Instead he PRAISES the Lts for being team players which of course is a knock on us for not playing ball. Instead he tells us a 3% COLA in a 6% inflationary economy is FAIR. HE is the one who has pushed this to impasse. HE refuses to come back to the table. Why? Because he is mad. I cannot tell you how disappointing his administration has been so far. There is still time to fix this. MAKE A BETTER OFFER. Otherwise see you in November.You will see Lamberti in November and December, but say goodbye to Lamberti in January. They are all gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off...are you joking Father Time. There will be no raise now and whomever you think will come in if Lamberti loses the election will do the same. THERE IS NO MONEY. darn you people are stupid.[/quote:fa1xzhdl]

Were not worried about a raise Id take a zero just to see AL hit the road, see ya in November!!![/quote:fa1xzhdl]

NOW YOU HAVE A PLAN? Loooooooooooser.

06-07-2008, 05:20 PM
You are all wrong. Not a PBA Rep. Just an interested co-worker. I don't believe we should have to work longer hours to make the same money. I am not trashing the Sheriff. He is doing fine on his own. Neither Bailen, Diperna and Berman, nor the detectives started dividing the troops. There Sheriff did that.

06-07-2008, 08:06 PM
You are all wrong. Not a PBA Rep. Just an interested co-worker. I don't believe we should have to work longer hours to make the same money. I am not trashing the Sheriff. He is doing fine on his own. Neither Bailen, Diperna and Berman, nor the detectives started dividing the troops. There Sheriff did that.

I agree the Sheriff did do that by giving all the privileges to 15% of the agency and everyone else got nothing. The problem is that 15% dont want to lose those privileges and will cut the throats of the rest of the agency to keep them. This Deputy Duggan who probably couldnt find his butt with both hands, a map and a mirror let alone a Suspect is a perfect example. The importance to him to suck to the Sheriff is so important he he creates discension by starting a "we want our own Union so we can vote for the Sheriffs agenda and keep our privileges movement" It has died out quickly because everyone knows the motivation behind it. So even though the Sheriffs over the year has created the monster a large majority of the Detectives in this agency have nourished it to keep it alive and well.

06-07-2008, 08:08 PM

I agree the Sheriff did do that by giving all the privileges to 15% of the agency and everyone else got nothing. The problem is that 15% dont want to lose those privileges and will cut the throats of the rest of the agency to keep them. This Deputy Duggan who probably couldnt find his butt with both hands, a map and a mirror let alone a Suspect is a perfect example. The importance to him to suck to the Sheriff is so important he he creates discension by starting a "we want our own Union so we can vote for the Sheriffs agenda and keep our privileges movement" It has died out quickly because everyone knows the motivation behind it. So even though the Sheriffs over the year has created the monster a large majority of the Detectives in this agency have nourished it to keep it alive and well.

06-10-2008, 02:14 AM

No the detectives who walk around with their noses in the air speaking to road patrol like yesterdays trash started this division, make no mistake about that. Now we have stood up for ourselves and since we have the numbers were in charge of our destiny for once. Bailen Berman and Diperna have only provided a small amount of leadership and showed us the way. I appreciate them putting their necks on the line and spending time away from their friends and family to stand out in parking lots in 95 degree heat to bring us their message. Maybe if the Sheriff would have stood out in the parking lot in similiar conditions and put in the same amount of effort his contract would have passed. By the way to the poster above please dont drink and type!!!!

Nice post. Including the drinking comment. lol

06-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Sorry, I became a cop because I wanted to. I knew I was never going to get rich. The ones who are drinking the cool aid are supporting another candidate, so all of you out there don't be fooled. They are getting promised something in return too. To all the real deputies out there, tell me the atmosphere has not changed. I feel I can do my job, without being under a microscope.Other than some malcontents here or there, morale is greatly improved. That is truly why the Sheriff wanted to see the contract pass, so we can put all this behind us and move on. Concentrate on improving our agency. I don't do any overtime or details, and I am doing ok, much better than all my neighbors. Considering we are shielded from the direct impact of higher gas prices, out of 6% our COI is around 3%. It was a fair contract, but many of you let someone's political agenda mislead you. Remember, our vote meant NOTHING.
Let's say Sheriff Lamberti gets voted out. The next Sheriff is not going to give us a raise. Listen to all these guys lying to you, and once again you will be mislead. I thought in our line of work, you were not supposed to lie, but it does happen. We all fell for it. Now we have what we always crave, a big fat donut. Sheriff Lamberti, you WILL have my vote. I just want a fair leader.

06-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Please Mr Pulease you must not be paying attention. Inflation in Broward is running at 6%. That's not 3% for gas and 3% for everything else. I am not shielded from the affects of gas prices. My wife has a car and drives 20 miles round trip to work. The kids still eat, have to be driven to school and have baseball and cheerleading. Who are you trying to kid. I did not become a cop for the money either. Anyone who did is an idiot. But we do deserve a fair COLA. And our families deserve better than he is offering considering the risks we take. And let's not forget. Eliminating wasteful spending woulld generate easily the 2 million he needs for the raise.

06-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Please Mr Pulease you must not be paying attention. Inflation in Broward is running at 6%. That's not 3% for gas and 3% for everything else. I am not shielded from the affects of gas prices. My wife has a car and drives 20 miles round trip to work. The kids still eat, have to be driven to school and have baseball and cheerleading. Who are you trying to kid. I did not become a cop for the money either. Anyone who did is an idiot. But we do deserve a fair COLA. And our families deserve better than he is offering considering the risks we take. And let's not forget. Eliminating wasteful spending woulld generate easily the 2 million he needs for the raise.

I agree with you 100%, the Sheriff has been given several ideas from various sources on how to find the money for his raise, ie:cutting from the top and alternative shifts, and he doesnt want to hear it. Sheriff Lamberti's main interest is keeping everything just the way it is, BSO has never liked change and this Sheriff is no different. Im a big believe in the motto ABA anyone but AL. A vote for the other Candidates is a vote for change.