PDA

View Full Version : Clermont PD

06-07-2008, 02:51 AM
It is a shame that CPD has so many issues - low morale, distrust of admin, distrust of City Management. Do any of you KNOw that the City Mgr dislikes the PD for a fact? Why would he? Is he dirty? Do you have proof? If so quit whining about the situation and do something about it. Don't like the cheif because you disagree with some or all of his decisions? Do you dislike him as a person? Find him lacking in morals or ethics? Has he made policy or procedure that is illegal, unethical or immoral? Do something about it. Quit causing the ilk to spread like a cancer and do something about it. Here's a novel idea - go talk to the Cheif directly. I am sure that Steve-O would be willing to discuss anything with you. Not sure you'll get the truth? Maybe not, but then again how many of you are being forthcoming? True enough, there are Sgts on staff that have their lips glued directly to Steve's buttocks (mikeymac) and then there are those who silently undermine him everyday, by putting anything negative on Cheif (e.g., this decision/policy change/whatever came from the Cheif) when really it's their own. Yep, you've got sgts that have allowed all sorts of mischief - say, allowing their spouse access to things that they legally shouldn't (read: RC) and you have sgts that will gladly stir the pot any way they can. But what about just going in everyday and doing the best you can? What about your OWN oath of office? Didn't we all swear to protect the citizens of Clermont and uphold FL law? Come on. Show some pride in yourself, even if you cant be proud of your admin. Do the best job you can within the boundaries that you are given - no more, no less. The more you whine and complain the less likely you are to get anything done. And it does no good. It's like the teenagers we all ***** about that pierce every crevice in their face and wear black and act like idiots to "go against THE MAN", your constant complaining and failure to do what is right even from a MORALE point of view is just as idiotic. You only add to the power of those whom you complain about.

06-09-2008, 09:49 PM
its amazing how people are able to preach and preach and then preach some more, but amazingly can't act upon what they preach about. its funny to see or shall i say read what people or a particular person has to say on this message board. they talk so much about MORALE and speaking to a person directly then guess what SPEAK! COME STEP IT UP AND SPEAK TO MY FACE (SC)and just sig14 that particulary sgt that ur referring to does not allow his spouse ME! (SC) quote on quote "allowing their spouse access to things that they legally shouldnt" like you said quit causing the ilk to spread and do sumthin bout it. as a matter of fact you are the ILK. your the person that is real quick to jump on-line and type your thoughts on a message board like this one and mention people @ the pd b/c you have NOTHING ELSE BETTER TO DO! s**t like this is your adrenaline rush. how about you go in to work everyday and do the best you can. what about your OWN OATH! remember PROTECT AND SERVE. so how bout starting by serving YOURSELF w/some PRIDE and DIGNITY. and PROTECT yourself from the HUMILATION! "YOU ONLY ADD TO THE POWER OF THOSE WHOM YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT" :wink:

06-10-2008, 03:56 AM
What is a shame is that all of the pd's dirty laundry is aired in a public forum like this for anyone to read.

06-10-2008, 06:37 PM
This should be good indicator that when you walk through the halls of the PD, and you look at the face of somebody you work with, that you know they can't be trusted. They smile at you everyday, ask how the family is doing, and secretly behind your back, they are prying and stabbing. The fear of not knowing will over take your mind and the battle will rage from within. It soon will become a cancer that consumes you, controling your actions and thoughts. What is nothing more than mere words will fester in you mind, causing destruction within. When it is all said and done, you will have been defeated by nothing more than your own thoughts and actions. Filled with hate and animosity, you have consumed and killed the very decor that you are sworn to protect. We have all trained endlessly and expected a threat in the form of a hostile action., ie (gun, knife) In the end the greatest battle you have fought, is the battle with your own mind. Hate, ego, greed, and fear of being label, all with nothing more than words, is a power that has cause a great many of nations to fall. ie, (Rome, Troy, Greece) Next to water, I have found nothing more powerful than the tongue :?: of person. Simple rules, such as the "Golden Rule", "Sticks and Stones", are standards that have stood through the ages. I have no suggestions on how to fix the problems, which is odd, because my job as a LEO is to problem solve. I do know however, that I can keep from doing the same things that has been proven to dilute the human fabric. Just consider this as nothing more than words. If you reply in anger, you are know worse that the person who has submitted in anger.

7.62mm FMJ

06-10-2008, 08:53 PM
We have all trained endlessly and expected a threat in the form of a hostile action., ie (gun, knife)

You must not work at clermont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-10-2008, 08:56 PM
This should be good indicator that when you walk through the halls of the PD, and you look at the face of somebody you work with, that you know they can't be trusted. They smile at you everyday, ask how the family is doing, and secretly behind your back, they are prying and stabbing. The fear of not knowing will over take your mind and the battle will rage from within. It soon will become a cancer that consumes you, controling your actions and thoughts. What is nothing more than mere words will fester in you mind, causing destruction within. When it is all said and done, you will have been defeated by nothing more than your own thoughts and actions. Filled with hate and animosity, you have consumed and killed the very decor that you are sworn to protect. We have all trained endlessly and expected a threat in the form of a hostile action., ie (gun, knife) In the end the greatest battle you have fought, is the battle with your own mind. Hate, ego, greed, and fear of being label, all with nothing more than words, is a power that has cause a great many of nations to fall. ie, (Rome, Troy, Greece) Next to water, I have found nothing more powerful than the tongue :?: of person. Simple rules, such as the "Golden Rule", "Sticks and Stones", are standards that have stood through the ages. I have no suggestions on how to fix the problems, which is odd, because my job as a LEO is to problem solve. I do know however, that I can keep from doing the same things that has been proven to dilute the human fabric. Just consider this as nothing more than words. If you reply in anger, you are know worse that the person who has submitted in anger.

7.62mm FMJ

06-10-2008, 08:58 PM
YODA must not work here............what training are you speaking of?

06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
It is a shame that the PD's dirty laundry has to be exposed in this forum. However, the flip side is that people are finally being honest.

Although it is apparent that half of you are from BBPD and you obviously have nothing better to do than comment on message boards, trust me I've looked at your site, do you guys get any work done? Steve-O didn't send Christmas cards to anyone last year, get over it, move on.

Is there validity to the issues brought up by Mae ?West? Yes, indeed. Are there people afraid to voice that opinion because of the back-lash, sure. Is there a single person at CPD that would say everything is perfect? Doubt it. Could this be a positive way of being honest and real? Sure. Have things not improved since Graham has been here? A resounding YES. Is there work to be done still? Another resounding YES. For those that signed up to protect the citizens of Clermont and uphold FL law, step forward, be part of the solution.

So for the ones that have nothing but negativity to spew, LEAVE, GET OUT, WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE ANYWAY. The truth of the matter is that you were probably hired in the old regime and if you were to apply with CPD today, you wouldn't get hired. Furthermore, the only reason you haven't left is probably because you can't get hired at any other LEO agency. Learn this phrase, "would you like fries with that?". Oh, and for those that like to pretend that they are working for another agency, come on, your intent to veil your identity is as transparent as you, wouldn't you have a new group of individuals to annoy?

Stop *****ing about take-home cars, half of you don't even take care of them anyway, who cares where people's lips are attached, they didn't get the job anyway. Getting along with the person who may save your life one day is far greater. Getting along with that other person would certainly make getting out of bed each morning easier and in turn make it easier to tackle the real issues head on.

06-10-2008, 11:35 PM
For Those of you who has forgotten what you supposed to stand for. Read it and leave by it.

Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve
mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against
deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful
against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all
men to liberty, equality and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain
courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop
self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in
thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in
obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department.
Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided in me in
my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in
the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices,
animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise
for crime and the relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law
courteously and appropriately without fear of favor, malice or ill will, never
employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I
accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the
police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals,
dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession...law enforcement.

06-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Canon of Ethics
Police Ethics
In order for any “job” to become a “profession”: certain rules or guides must be
developed in order to measure the work and attitudes of the employees. Law
enforcement is no exception to this rule. Since 1956, the law enforcement profession
has maintained its own standard of conduct, the Peace Officer Code of Ethics. Only be
constant vigilance can the law enforcement officer keep their profession exactly what it
is— a profession.
Canons of Police Ethics
ARTICLE 1. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY OF JOB
The primary responsibility of the police service, and of the individual officer, is the
protection of the people of the United States through the upholding of their laws; chief
among these is the Constitution of the United States and its amendments. The peace
officer always represents the whole of the community and its legally expressed will and
is never the arm of any political party or clique.
ARTICLE 2. LIMITATIONS OF AUTHORITY
The first duty of a peace officer, as upholder of the law is to know its bounds upon
them while enforcing it. Because they represent the legal will of the community, be it
local, state, or federal, they must be aware of the limitations and proscriptions which
the people, through law, have placed upon them. They must recognize the genius of
the American system of government which gives no person, groups of people, or
institution, absolute power, and they must insure that officers, as prime defenders of
that system, do not pervert its character.
Page 1 of 4 Revised 07/01/01
ARTICLE 3. DUTY TO BE FAMILIAR WITH THE LAW AND WITH
RESPONSIBILITIES OF SELF AND OTHER PUBLIC
OFFICIALS
The peace officer shall assiduously apply themselves to the study of the principles of
the laws which they are sworn to uphold. They will make certain of their
responsibilities in the particulars of their enforcement, seeking aid from their superiors
in matters of technicality or principle when these are not clear to them; they will make
special effort to fully understand their relationship to other public officials, including
other law enforcement agencies, particularly on matters of jurisdiction, both
geographically and substantively.
ARTICLE 4. UTILIZATION OF PROPER MEANS TO GAIN PROPER ENDS
The peace officer shall be mindful of the responsibility to pay strict heed to the
selection of means in discharging the duties of their office. Violations of law or
disregard for public safety and property on the part of an officer are intrinsically
wrong; they are self-defeating in that they instill in the public mind a like disposition.
The employment of illegal means, no matter how worthy the end, is certain to
encourage disrespect for the law and its officers. If the law is to be honored, it must
first be honored by those who enforce it.
ARTICLE 5. COOPERATION WITH PUBLIC OFFICIALS IN THE
DISCHARGE OF THEIR AUTHORIZED DUTIES
The peace officer shall cooperate fully with other public officials in the discharge of
authorized duties, regardless of party affiliation or personal prejudice. They shall be
meticulous, however, in assuring themselves of the propriety, under the law, of such
actions and shall guard against the use of their office or person, whether knowingly or
unknowingly, in any improper or illegal action. In any situation open to question, they
shall seek authority from their superior officer, giving them a full report of the
proposed service or action.
ARTICLE 6. PRIVATE CONDUCT
The peace officer shall be mindful of their special identification by the public as an
upholder of the law. Laxity of conduct or manner in private life, expressing either
disrespect for the law or seeking to gain special privilege, cannot but reflect upon the
police officer and the police service. The community and the service require that the
peace officer lead the life of a decent and honorable person. Following the career of a
peace officer gives no person special perquisites. It does give the satisfaction and
pride of following and furthering an unbroken tradition of safeguarding the American
republic. The officer who reflects upon this tradition will not degrade it. Rather, they
will so conduct their private life that the public will regard them as an example of
stability, fidelity and morality.
Page 2 of 4 Revised 07/01/01
ARTICLE 7. CONDUCT TOWARD THE PUBLIC
The peace officer, mindful of their responsibility to the whole community, shall deal
with individuals of the community in a manner calculated to instill respect for its laws
and its police service. The peace officer shall conduct their official life in a manner
such as will inspire confidence and trust. Thus, they will be neither overbearing nor
subservient, as no individual citizen has an obligations to stand in awe of them nor a
right to command them. The officer will give service where they can, and require
compliance with the law. They will do neither from personal preference or prejudice,
but rather as a duly appointed officer of the law discharging their sworn obligation.
ARTICLE 8. CONDUCT IN ARRESTING AND DEALING WITH LAW
VIOLATORS
The peace officer shall use their powers of arrest strictly in accordance with the law
and with due regard to the rights of the citizen concerned. Their office gives them no
right to prosecute the violator nor to mete out punishment for the offense. They shall,
at all times, have a clear appreciation of their responsibilities and limitations regarding
detention of the violator; they shall conduct themselves in such a manner as will
minimize the possibility of having to use force. To this end he shall cultivate a
dedication to the service of the people and the equitable upholding of their laws
whether in the handling of law violators or in dealing with the law-abiding.
ARTICLE 9. GIFTS AND FAVORS
The peace officer representing the government bears the heavy responsibility of
maintaining, in their own conduct, the honor and integrity of all government
institutions. They shall, therefore, guard against placing themselves in a position in
which any person can expect special consideration or in which the public can
reasonably assume that special consideration is being given. Thus, they should be firm
in refusing gifts, favors, or gratuities, large or small, which can, in the public mind, be
interpreted as capable of influencing their judgment in the discharge of their duties.
ARTICLE 10. PRESENTATION OF EVIDENCE
The peace officer shall be concerned equally in the prosecution of the wrongdoer and
the defense of the innocent. They shall ascertain what constitutes evidence and shall
present such evidence impartially and without malice. In so doing, they will ignore
social, political and all other distinctions among the persons involved, strengthening
the tradition of the reliability and integrity of an officer’s word.
The peace officer shall take special pains to increase their perception and skill of
observation, mindful that in many situations theirs is the sole impartial testimony to the
facts of a case.
Page 3 of 4 Revised 07/01/01
ARTICLE 11. ATTITUDE TOWARD PROFESSION
The peace officer shall regard the discharge of their duties as a public trust and
recognize their responsibility as a public servant. By diligent study and sincere
attention to self-improvement they shall strive to make the best possible application of
science to the solution of crime and in the field of human relationships, strive for
effective leadership and public influence in matters affecting public safety. They shall
appreciate the importance and responsibility of their office, and hold public work to be
an honorable profession rendering valuable service to their community and their
country.
Page 4

06-11-2008, 12:54 AM
-Well put, many don't appreciate how far things have come, and they can't see where we are going. We need to be working to make this place better, not worse.

Is there validity to the issues brought up by Mae ?West? Yes, indeed. Are there people afraid to voice that opinion because of the back-lash, sure. Is there a single person at CPD that would say everything is perfect? Doubt it. Could this be a positive way of being honest and real? Sure. Have things not improved since Graham has been here? A resounding YES. Is there work to be done still? Another resounding YES. For those that signed up to protect the citizens of Clermont and uphold FL law, step forward, be part of the solution.

So for the ones that have nothing but negativity to spew, LEAVE, GET OUT, WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE ANYWAY. The truth of the matter is that you were probably hired in the old regime and if you were to apply with CPD today, you wouldn't get hired. Furthermore, the only reason you haven't left is probably because you can't get hired at any other LEO agency. Learn this phrase, "would you like fries with that?". Oh, and for those that like to pretend that they are working for another agency, come on, your intent to veil your identity is as transparent as you, wouldn't you have a new group of individuals to annoy?

Stop *****ing about take-home cars, half of you don't even take care of them anyway, who cares where people's lips are attached, they didn't get the job anyway. Getting along with the person who may save your life one day is far greater. Getting along with that other person would certainly make getting out of bed each morning easier and in turn make it easier to tackle the real issues head on.

06-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Neat, I think Yoda has tapped onto something, very well put. The short is are leaders/administration is killing us from within. The code of ethics copied by East Coast is great. I think Yoda's response is better because it came from within. Although you can't ridcule the The Code of Ethics. I wonder, has are adminstration kept there private life unsoilled, do they keep from person feelings and prejudices from influncing their decisions as leaders? Examples:
Taking away shorts because a person is fat?
Laughing at someone because their an older woman and you think their police career should be over?
Not filling open postiions, because one or more of the persons that has applied, doesn't agree with your cronisims, lies, or frivious IA(s) investigations.
Attacking popular sergeants.
Giving postions to officers that aren't qualified or barely have one year experince.
Rigging the LT's oral board, by having meetings with the board members before and after interviews?
Violating selective inforcement case law, by staing that no officer could 10-50 for equipment violations.
Allowing an officer to be arrested and criminally charged for an IA that started over infidelity.
A City Manger that has used members of the police department to beat up a mistresse's husband after being caught having an affair. (If you don't believe me, ask Donny Ray, he was the one that used to own the guitar shop at 8th and Montrose. His wife use to be Saunders secretary.)

And the list goes on and on!!

So when you see people like Nota BF, talk about how much we have changed, and were are going? Think about the Code of Ethics, and draw a circle around your local administration, and just see how close they hold that Code. When you say old regiem, remeber that we did not have near the problems (crime) that we do now. The old regiem was proactive and aggressive. Not free of problems, but their was law.

07-09-2008, 06:09 PM
I visit this site evry once in a while just to get a good laugh. Sometimes those that post responses are as comical as the original.
You can't reason with stupidity, arrogance, and ignorance. If it hurt, these ****ers would be dead.
They will whine and ***** about everything. If the Chief shit a golden egg, it wouldn't be big enough.
A new LT from a different agency? Who cares if you keep your head down and work (not stupid work but POLICE work) what can you be targeted for?
Ass kissers, some do it others don't. Its everywhere. If they truely are screw ups it comes around.
You people ***** about the Chief, LCSO, and the City Manager like you are all perfect cyborg warriors ready to defend the world from doom. Believe me your not, your **** ups. They are **** ups to in their own ways. Hell I may be the only person in Lake county who is not a **** up :D . What you **** ups fail to recognize is that the **** ups among you who do STUPID shit bring attention to you, **** ups, as a whole. If you cant seem to think who these officers are then well....its probably you. Square them away, if they are a SGT. then well square'em away nicely.
Everyone at Clermont PD is a Super Cop ex-delta force operator creating havok for evil doers and dwellers of hell through brutal humiliation of the tin over you left pocket. Translation, your a **** up.
Morale of the long story: Do your work, love your moms (because I will), and STFU.