PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Hollywood Police Department.

05-30-2008, 08:25 AM
I am a cop in Dade County (Hialeah). I'm applying for Hollywood and am interested in knowing what you guys think of your department. I've been a cop for awhile now and still enjoy doing real police work. I'd like to hear some input as to how proactive your department is, special units, retirement, equipment , pay, and quantity of overtime and off-duty jobs ? Thanks

05-31-2008, 05:44 AM
There's always someone whining or crying about something here but the bottom line is if were bad they would be leaving. We do have alot of different specialized units. If you are lazy and disgruntled you will probably become a life patrolman, but if you enjoy work going out and catching criminals you should have fun here. We have take homes, panosonic tough book computers,on duty workout etc.. Every year the management cries about overtime but if you don't mind working its there ( we have minimum staffing requirements ) so if people call in sick, others have to fill the shifts (OT) The city is not as crime free as the city would like people to think, right now we are getting alot of robberies, yesterday afternoon patrol actually caught three (armed) from dade that did a robbery in west hollywood. If you speak spanish it is a plus Before you make a move you might want to ride a shift (afternoons or midnights) to see what you think. BTW the training squad is very physically demanding, so that is something you should consider as well, but once you are off training you should have a great time. one more thing, we have a strong union :) quote="Guest ?"]I am a cop in Dade County (Hialeah). I'm applying for Hollywood and am interested in knowing what you guys think of your department. I've been a cop for awhile now and still enjoy doing real police work. I'd like to hear some input as to how proactive your department is, special units, retirement, equipment , pay, and quantity of overtime and off-duty jobs ? Thanks[/quote]

05-31-2008, 06:58 AM
great response from "the good the bad"

Generally, I'd say our department is an excellent place to work. EVERY agency has it's issues, and most of them are probably the same, just different faces.

There are cliques, and "the boys" groups, but again, I'm sure its everywhere.

Also, have a good number of off duty details.

Agree with the ride-along. Good luck.

05-31-2008, 12:57 PM
wow you guys are truly professional and should be commended. On many other agency websites, I would of read negative and sarcastic responses about the agency and the officer requesting information. I guess that's why your agency is so tight and respected by many agencies throughout south florida. Keep up the positive attitude. I'm not the officer that initially wrote the question but I'm also from Hialeah and looking to greener pastures.

06-01-2008, 05:23 AM
All Hialeah spanish speakers please apply! (have you seen west hollywood lately)
wow you guys are truly professional and should be commended. On many other agency websites, I would of read negative and sarcastic responses about the agency and the officer requesting information. I guess that's why your agency is so tight and respected by many agencies throughout south florida. Keep up the positive attitude. I'm not the officer that initially wrote the question but I'm also from Hialeah and looking to greener pastures.

06-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Thank you for the additional info on your department. I am going to go head and schedule a ride a long for somtime next week. Again thank you for the info.

06-01-2008, 10:50 PM
I am proud to say that the shooter of DEP.Maudy Hernandez (now recouperating with his family in hialeah) and the killer of Dep. Paul Rein were both captured by Hollywood PD. IF you did not know it, the worst terrorist in US History (911 terrorists) resided in Hollywood just before the attack, so it would appear hollywood is the vortex of the worst criminals, they won't tell you that in the hiring pamphlets. FYI
I am a cop in Dade County (Hialeah). I'm applying for Hollywood and am interested in knowing what you guys think of your department. I've been a cop for awhile now and still enjoy doing real police work. I'd like to hear some input as to how proactive your department is, special units, retirement, equipment , pay, and quantity of overtime and off-duty jobs ? Thanks

06-02-2008, 09:16 AM
I am proud to say that the shooter of DEP.Maudy Hernandez (now recouperating with his family in hialeah) and the killer of Dep. Paul Rein were both captured by Hollywood PD. IF you did not know it, the worst terrorist in US History (911 terrorists) resided in Hollywood just before the attack, so it would appear hollywood is the vortex of the worst criminals, they won't tell you that in the hiring pamphlets. FYI[quote="Guest ?":11gv4cig]I am a cop in Dade County (Hialeah). I'm applying for Hollywood and am interested in knowing what you guys think of your department. I've been a cop for awhile now and still enjoy doing real police work. I'd like to hear some input as to how proactive your department is, special units, retirement, equipment , pay, and quantity of overtime and off-duty jobs ? Thanks[/quote:11gv4cig]

Do you think you should be proud to have caught those guys alive ? WTF

06-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I did not catch them but I am proud that Hollywood caught them all be it alive, seeing how no other agency caught them alive or dead, yes I am proud they caught them. Do you think it is OK to be judge and jury and put the arresting officers job and family and future on the line because of some rediculous fantasy you have about catching a cop killer and murdering him. That's the difference bewteen fantasy and reality. How many cop killers have you caught? None I'm sure, It's always the big mouths with no real life experience that make stupid comments like that. You are all smoke and no fire. If you feel so strongly, strap on a gun, go to court and get him the way you think he should be gotten, ruin your life, ruin your kid's life and make your family broke and insecure, Go ahead macho man, you feel so strongly knock yourself out. If your are a cop you are the worse kind of cop, and that is you are weak and STUPID.

I am proud to say that the shooter of DEP.Maudy Hernandez (now recouperating with his family in hialeah) and the killer of Dep. Paul Rein were both captured by Hollywood PD. IF you did not know it, the worst terrorist in US History (911 terrorists) resided in Hollywood just before the attack, so it would appear hollywood is the vortex of the worst criminals, they won't tell you that in the hiring pamphlets. FYI[quote="Guest ?":1s5cwm59]I am a cop in Dade County (Hialeah). I'm applying for Hollywood and am interested in knowing what you guys think of your department. I've been a cop for awhile now and still enjoy doing real police work. I'd like to hear some input as to how proactive your department is, special units, retirement, equipment , pay, and quantity of overtime and off-duty jobs ? Thanks

Do you think you should be proud to have caught those guys alive ? WTF[/quote:1s5cwm59]

06-02-2008, 08:46 PM
You cannot possibly be a cop, making a statement like that on a public forum??? Keep reading your swat romance novels and magazines on your security post at wackenhut security.

I am proud to say that the shooter of DEP.Maudy Hernandez (now recouperating with his family in hialeah) and the killer of Dep. Paul Rein were both captured by Hollywood PD. IF you did not know it, the worst terrorist in US History (911 terrorists) resided in Hollywood just before the attack, so it would appear hollywood is the vortex of the worst criminals, they won't tell you that in the hiring pamphlets. FYI[quote="Guest ?":3456918m]I am a cop in Dade County (Hialeah). I'm applying for Hollywood and am interested in knowing what you guys think of your department. I've been a cop for awhile now and still enjoy doing real police work. I'd like to hear some input as to how proactive your department is, special units, retirement, equipment , pay, and quantity of overtime and off-duty jobs ? Thanks

Do you think you should be proud to have caught those guys alive ? WTF[/quote:3456918m]