PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey Guys;
First of all I hope everyone is doing well, I received an e-mail the other day telling me about Leo Affairs and the HG site. I was surprised that I saw my name on it after 5 years I thought I would be a very distant memory. I read the comments and I would like to thank the guys who wrote some really nice things. As far as the bad ones like the resume and being a bad Sgt and the rest it clear that you hate my guts, but you know what any ill will that I had on anyone there is long gone. The only memories I have about HG are all the good times I had there in 13 years and the friendships that were formed. I have so many great stories and memories that I will never forget. Like everyone I have made mistakes in my career but I have done some things that I am proud of so whoever still after so many years still have issues with me please feel free to contact me and we will resolve them like I tried to do when I worked there. And for those who just want to say hi my number is 305-606-5181.
Good Luck guys and God bless you stay safe.

05-30-2008, 04:18 AM
Hello to All,

I also was emailed about this site; we in Miami PD also have a post on this web page. I was thinking, should I write or not on here, but since I have so many close friends here, Why not. Some of you may know me, or may not. I did work in the Great HGPD from 89-96. I am now at Miami PD and love every minute of it. I have seen some of you around, like in court and have been told what’s going on. I have read some of the post on here which tells me that the department is a bit divided, which is sad to hear. I have always been very proud to have worked in HGPD. In fact, most of the basics stuff I know in Law Enforcement I learned at HGPD. I was very lucky to work with good Officers like Ramiro Del Nodal that in my book is like a father to me. I was reading Angel's post and was glad to hear from him. Whatever some of you think, I am thankful for Angel who was my 3-15 in 1992 when I was almost killed. Angel for that I thank you.

I also read some stuff about the FOP. I even read one post from a Hialeah PO concerning the FOP. I have been part of both the FOP and PBA. The difference is that the FOP has more resources for the long battles with the administrations. The FOP was very helpful to us at Miami PD. Some of you may not know, but we did scream and yell, and even march on city hall. I think the Hialeah PO really didn’t know what happen with us before making his comment. Anyway, we were successful and signed the best contract in the State Of Florida. We are now one of the highest paid Police Departments in Florida.

I hope things work out with you guys during the contract negotiations. And it will.

I am part of the Executive Board for Miami FOP #20 and if any of you need anything you guys and girls know how to get in touch with me. Your FOP has a great District 6 representative in Robert Jenkins who is the current FOP President at Miami Beach PD.

Again, I will always be proud to say that I was a Hialeah Gardens Police Officer.

Sergio Diez

05-30-2008, 04:55 AM
Sergio, you can't compare MPD with HGPD. I hope you are right but tough chance, this mayor has a lock on the city and the council. I just heard that the ultimate decision on the contract is made by the council, what do you think is going to happen? I gurantee you that our contract will not be a good one. I know someone close to the Mayor who told me that the Mayor is determined to send a message regardless of the consequenses. I think the FOP and the PBA are the same thing (I hope I'm wrong). I will support the guys but I'm just concern that we are making things worse. As for us being devided, your right some of the guys won't say it out loud but I know they don't agree with what we are doing and are ready to let go because some of them have told me. Part of the problem is that Palacios is somehow involved and some guys don't trust him. Mario, Gus and Carlos are doing everything they can but they don't really know what they're doing. WE ARE SCREWED!!!! I will be applying in Miami soon. Thanks for writing, keep in touch.

05-30-2008, 05:08 AM
Sergio (if that is really you) you for get that Miami has a different type of government than Hialeah and HG. We have strong mayors who have total control and are A holes. they can do what they want for all i care but don't give me that BS about marching in city hall, that may work in Miami but it dosen't work here. We tryed marching in city hall a few years back with Dictator Raul and we got the worst contract in the history of the city. Trust me you are going down the wrong path. I guess you will learn the hard way ( I look forward to it). At least Miami and is a real department like ours HG is a joke, you guys are the size of a sector in Hialeah. Peace :wink:

05-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Yea, it’s really me.

I agree with some of things that are said here, but not all. You’re probably right about comparing Hialeah with Miami. We did march onto city hall. We were 1,000 strong. I am also NOT comparing HGPD with Miami. It would be impossible, but I could tell this, due to the FOP we have the votes in the commission. We just passed the 7 year drop a couple of weeks ago.

In one of the previous post someone spoke about the State Retirement (FRS). About a year ago we were in talks with our contract, they tried it with us. We did our homework; FRS is not a good pension. What we have in Miami is far more advance with benefits than anything out there. I hope you guys do not get talked into FRS. If in the future you need the facts about FRS, contact me.

What I could talk about is the FOP, I am talking from experience and not just words. The PBA is geared more towards the County Police. The FOP is the nation’s biggest police union in the US, and trust me on this; they have the money and resources to get things done. As to Palacios, if he is involved, it’s because he is also part of the district FOP. What you guys don’t understand is that all the different lodges in the County help each other out, that’s what makes us strong.

I cannot predict the future, and I hope my HGPD buddies get what they deserve. Regardless what some say, I am very proud to have worked there. I worked with some of the finest cops ever, again I will say it, and I learned the basics at HGPD.

One last thing, I know someone staff and others read this, just like our staff in Miami does. This is a free country; it’s also freedom of speech on here. Other Departments tried getting a court to ID who wrote on here. The courts ruled that they CAN NOT!

I will write my name every time, and I also understand why HGPD officer’s wont, but if you don’t work there, put your name behind your statements.

YES, IT’S ME

Sergio Diez
SDIEZ@BELLSOUTH.NET that’s my email if anyone wants to contact me!

05-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Yea, it’s really me.

I agree with some of things that are said here, but not all. You’re probably right about comparing Hialeah with Miami. We did march onto city hall. We were 1,000 strong. I am also NOT comparing HGPD with Miami. It would be impossible, but I could tell this, due to the FOP we have the votes in the commission. We just passed the 7 year drop a couple of weeks ago.

In one of the previous post someone spoke about the State Retirement (FRS). About a year ago we were in talks with our contract, they tried it with us. We did our homework; FRS is not a good pension. What we have in Miami is far more advance with benefits than anything out there. I hope you guys do not get talked into FRS. If in the future you need the facts about FRS, contact me.

What I could talk about is the FOP, I am talking from experience and not just words. The PBA is geared more towards the County Police. The FOP is the nation’s biggest police union in the US, and trust me on this; they have the money and resources to get things done. As to Palacios, if he is involved, it’s because he is also part of the district FOP. What you guys don’t understand is that all the different lodges in the County help each other out, that’s what makes us strong.

I cannot predict the future, and I hope my HGPD buddies get what they deserve. Regardless what some say, I am very proud to have worked there. I worked with some of the finest cops ever, again I will say it, and I learned the basics at HGPD.

One last thing, I know someone staff and others read this, just like our staff in Miami does. This is a free country; it’s also freedom of speech on here. Other Departments tried getting a court to ID who wrote on here. The courts ruled that they CAN NOT!

I will write my name every time, and I also understand why HGPD officer’s wont, but if you don’t work there, put your name behind your statements.

YES, IT’S ME

Sergio Diez
SDIEZ@BELLSOUTH.NET that’s my email if anyone wants to contact me!Hey Sergio;
Hows everthing going, I heard you were promoted to SGT now you have to work for a living. Anyways, congratulations on your promotion brother you deserve it. I ran into Lourdes the other day at her job and we talked for an hour i'm glad there doing well. I'll fire off an e-mail to you so we can hook up for lunch, i'm at the Fereral Building most of the day.

Stay safe i don't want to blow up another engine getting to you bro.

I'm out Angel