PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question

05-29-2008, 05:51 AM
This may be a stupid question but i have to ask, taking into account all the budget cuts. On the SPD website it still seems to suggest that you guys are hiring, i take my state test on the 25th of next month and Sarasota Police is the number one department that i want to work for.
However, and im sure nobody will blame me, with the way the economy is going i need to get a job ASAP :).
So is it worth applying with SPD during the current "budget cut crisis"?

Thanks guys and be safe!

05-29-2008, 08:42 AM
My understanding is that at this time we are compilling an applicant list, basically interviewing prospective candidates so that when openings do come avalible we will have folks ready to step in and take those spots. If you want to apply, call Officer Devany (I believe he is under Professional Standards now) and he can explain the situation to you in detail. SPD is a good place to work and alot of guys started somewhere else and then came back to work here. Times are tough throughout the State of Florida so take what you can get now and work for what you want later! Good Luck

PS: the City updates that website about every two years so call don't rely on the City's site for information!

05-30-2008, 02:51 AM
Do you guys offer ride alongs? I was thinking of making the trip down from Tampa and filling out the paperwork if you do.

05-30-2008, 07:47 AM
Yes, we do ride alongs. Contact the front desk, and they can put you through to the lady who sets them up. (941)9547025 is the front desk number.

05-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Thanks