PDA

View Full Version : FMPD Sgt. charged

05-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Can't believe that I had to read about this in nbc-2. The news had the storey before the men and women working in this agency. Nice!!!

Is this the reward for the man who appeared to be this agency's answer to the drugs/drug related crime two or three years ago. Is this the same man who the ADMIN tasked with getting several of the top level drug dealers off the street?

If so, where is the loyalty? Didn't I read a blog about loyalty to this agency? If so where is the ADMIN's loyalty? Did this have to this far? Were there no other answers? A week off without pay, removal from his current position, retraining. something???

How is this fair? Did Freddy Mercury get fired when he supposedly got caught during the Ruggio debacle? It's not the same thing, I know. What ever happened to the Sargent who forgot to pass that information regarding the investigation to his superior?

Oh, I forgot, NOTHING. Will something ever happen to him? PROBABLY not.

Is this how hard work is rewarded? By being one of the top stories in the news? I ask everyone of you, is it worth it? Is it worth working your butt off one day just to be forgotten the next day?

Unless you FISH or CARVE wood, this is good example for everyone at this agency.

The Sergeant on the news is and will forever be a "good" cop. He set a "bar" in drug related crimes which has yet to be broken. Yes, there were plenty before him, but after him, I have yet to see anybody come close. That includes you JAY-ROD. Hiding behind #2's shadow.

05-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Can't believe that I had to read about this in nbc-2. The news had the storey before the men and women working in this agency. Nice!!!

Is this the reward for the man who appeared to be this agency's answer to the drugs/drug related crime two or three years ago. Is this the same man who the ADMIN tasked with getting several of the top level drug dealers off the street?

If so, where is the loyalty? Didn't I read a blog about loyalty to this agency? If so where is the ADMIN's loyalty? Did this have to this far? Were there no other answers? A week off without pay, removal from his current position, retraining. something???

How is this fair? Did Freddy Mercury get fired when he supposedly got caught during the Ruggio debacle? It's not the same thing, I know. What ever happened to the Sargent who forgot to pass that information regarding the investigation to his superior?

Oh, I forgot, NOTHING. Will something ever happen to him? PROBABLY not.

Is this how hard work is rewarded? By being one of the top stories in the news? I ask everyone of you, is it worth it? Is it worth working your butt off one day just to be forgotten the next day?

Unless you FISH or CARVE wood, this is good example for everyone at this agency.

The Sergeant on the news is and will forever be a "good" cop. He set a "bar" in drug related crimes which has yet to be broken. Yes, there were plenty before him, but after him, I have yet to see anybody come close. That includes you JAY-ROD. Hiding behind #2's shadow.

Not only do you have a rat in your department that, you have a rat for a chief. Your chief needs to be investigated for violating FSS.
At this time, our internal affairs investigation is still underway. Therefore, I am unable to discuss the details of the case any further. By FSS he shouldn't have spoken of any details what so ever. If he wants to report this Sgt to the SAO, I think he should be reported to the SAO.

05-28-2008, 12:55 AM
We do have rats ,many rats, a man is not entitled to make mistakes, nor is he entitled to the same reights as common thugs, how many times did "a" tell you "b " hit him on a call , but you couldnt do anything , well again the double standard.
Shame on that useless in house pba, in bed with admin! shame on admin, those corrupt *******s are on speed dial to the strip clubs, and to alligator tow ,who is in financial deals with hiltie, as well as conflict of interest that his ex wife works there. Who investigates them. ? The pba's half ass response when they went after Ruggio, set the stage for this and more to come. PBA?!!, what do we benefit, what do you actually protect us from , is there no punishments other than these capital ones? We have to start sticking together, strength in unity, and stop throwing each other to the wolves ,when we know there is no fairness to come from it!!
Do you here vinny, billy? and hypocrites roger Lt jim, melissa, and chuckie cheese?? Time to explore some job actions!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

05-28-2008, 02:37 AM
FOP IS THE ANSWER

05-28-2008, 05:08 AM
I must say there is a whole lot of ignorance in this room. First off the agency personnel were notified before the news. Just because you didn't get the notification yourself doesn't mean the proper channels were not notified first. (1st wrong statement)

Second, just because someone made a name for themselves in the past does not mean they cannot make mistakes. The Sgt. you speak of possibly made a mistake, we don't know yet do we. If he did, hopefully he will not lose his job or get found guilty. That is not good for anyone. But if he did, shame on him. It is a sad day when someone puts other officers in a position where they must act to save their own careers. Shame on all of you that would condone criminal actions by an officer on duty. That is not what we are all about.

You mention Melissa, Chuck Billy, Vinny and Sgt. V. These are good people and good cops that were put in bad situations and had to talk. If you don't know what Garrity is you better get out your books. They were all forced to give statements by IA. If they didn't it could have been their jobs. If you expect them to lie, then you are the criminal and shouldn't be a cop.

I commend everyone that can see through all the BS in this room and realize that the agency is doing what it has to do. The agency did not ask for this to happen and the people involved did not ask to be involved.

I hope the Sgt. makes it through this ok just like the rest of you. Stay strong Mike and good luck to you.

05-28-2008, 10:34 AM
FOP IS STILL THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Objectivity Go to hell ,you biased, ignorant ,rat minded wuss!!
There is a difference from being placed in a position, than [b]placing yourself there. Furthermore some of those you mentioned EMBELLISHED their accounts to further an admin agenda!
In a liberal inept system, you can't ask us to "let the chips fall where they may" and hope for the best!, Double standards exist here everyday ,and when was the last time people are punised so severely for "MISTAKES", a mistake is not criminal , or fatal, and should not cost one ther job, and lead to criminal charges, especially in a system where these cases would never be brought against civilians. When was the last time anyone actually went to court for a case? This is the plea bargaining capital of the world!!
This is why there is a blue wall, and always will be.It is our only chance at fair protection. So don't make excuses for the" tatle tales" you mentioned in your account of things, when we point fingers regardless of the unfair response to follow, than they are part of the probem!

05-28-2008, 12:38 PM
RELAX :!: OBJECTIVITY is ADMIN REP undercover same little snake that wiggles itself around this website..and around station 2 making every one around her miserable..sneaky lil sgt jen I got the anti-venom and the know how to put this snake to rest!!! TBA

05-28-2008, 01:48 PM
By invoking the Garrity rule, the officer is invoking his or her right against self incrimination. Any statements made after invoking Garrity, may only be used for department investigation purposes and not for criminal prosecution purposes. The Garrity Rule stems from the court case Garrity v. New Jersey, 385 U.S. 493 (1967), which was decided in 1966 by the United States Supreme Court. It was a traffic ticket fixing case of all things.

Officers were advised that they had to answer questions subjecting them to criminal prosecution or lose their jobs. The Court held that this was Unconstitutional.

Technically, there are two prongs under the Garrity rights. First, if an officer is compelled to answer questions as a condition of employment, the officer's answers and the fruits of those answers may not be used against the officer in a subsequent criminal prosecution. Second, the department becomes limited as to what they may ask. Such questions must be specifically, narrowly, and directly tailored to the officer's job.

Thus, the basic thrust of the Garrity Rights or Garrity Rule is that a department member may be compelled to give statements under threat of discipline or discharge but those statements may not be used in the criminal prosecution of the individual officer. This means that the Garrity Rule only protects a department member from criminal prosecution based upon statements he or she might make under threat of discipline or discharge.

Also, the Garrity Rule is not automatically triggered simply because questioning is taking place. The officer must announce that he or she wants the protections under Garrity. The above statement should be prepared in writing, and the officer should obtain a copy of it. If a written statement is being taken from an officer, the officer should insist that the Garrity Warning actually be typed in the statement. Consult your attorney and union delegate for the laws regarding Garrity in your state before providing any statement.

Below is the actual Garrity Warning:

1. I am being questioned as part of an investigation by this agency into potential violations of department rules and regulations, or for my fitness for duty. This investigation concerns

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

2. I have invoked my Miranda rights on the grounds that I might incriminate myself in a criminal matter.

3. I have been granted use immunity. No answer given by me, nor evidence derived from the answer, may be used against me in any criminal proceeding, except for perjury or false swearing.

4. I understand that I must now answer questions specifically, directly and narrowly related to the performance of my official duties or my fitness for office.

5. If I refuse to answer, I may be subject to discipline for that refusal which can result in my dismissal from this agency.

6. Anything I say may be used against me in any subsequent department charges.

7. I have the right to consult with a representative of my collective bargaining unit, or another representative of my choice, and have him or her present during the interview.

Assistant Prosecutor/Deputy Attorney General Authorizing: __________________________

Signature:________________________________

Date:_______________ Time:_____________

Witnessed by: ______________________________

05-28-2008, 02:21 PM
lets not forget about KIDDER she tore apart SIG in a week...................................GOOD JOB KIDDER..............!!!!!!!!!
SIZEMORE did torres in also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-28-2008, 10:10 PM
I must say there is a whole lot of ignorance in this room. First off the agency personnel were notified before the news. Just because you didn't get the notification yourself doesn't mean the proper channels were not notified first. (1st wrong statement)

Second, just because someone made a name for themselves in the past does not mean they cannot make mistakes. The Sgt. you speak of possibly made a mistake, we don't know yet do we. If he did, hopefully he will not lose his job or get found guilty. That is not good for anyone. But if he did, shame on him. It is a sad day when someone puts other officers in a position where they must act to save their own careers. Shame on all of you that would condone criminal actions by an officer on duty. That is not what we are all about.

You mention Melissa, Chuck Billy, Vinny and Sgt. V. These are good people and good cops that were put in bad situations and had to talk. If you don't know what Garrity is you better get out your books. They were all forced to give statements by IA. If they didn't it could have been their jobs. If you expect them to lie, then you are the criminal and shouldn't be a cop.

I commend everyone that can see through all the BS in this room and realize that the agency is doing what it has to do. The agency did not ask for this to happen and the people involved did not ask to be involved.

I hope the Sgt. makes it through this ok just like the rest of you. Stay strong Mike and good luck to you.

You speak of objectivity and fairness? How long have you been working at this place? Is this the same place where one guy shot a gun at a felon and got suspended, yet another guy hit someone with a flashlight or hand and got fired?

Where is the fairness? It's in your arse and in your own head. You see, hear and do what you believe. There is nothing fair in this job. You may have been under that impression when you got hired, but I'll give you a couple of years, and then get back with me.

Is this the same place where they reward hard work? Heck No. Oh yeah they do, by leaving you out to hang.

Mike was a "cops cop". He would have done what most of us would have done if he were in any situation and needed back up.

05-28-2008, 11:04 PM

Good Cops? :cry: Are you on crack? :shock: These individuals are snakes, and liars. The PBA President is the Admin's puppet. You have no fair representation. All that money you put into the PBA is going down the toilet.

Do you know a way to really get under the Admin’s skin? Just say “FOP” and see their faces turn red in an instant.

August is for "New Beginnings"

05-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Mistakes. Is that what the term associated with what happens at FMPD? Is that what happened to Torres, Ruggio, and all the others that were fired or run out of this agency?

I wonder if that would have worked. Is that what the Supervisors and Command Staff call it, "MISTAKES". Do they punish for mistakes, publicize their situation, or do they fire for them.

Is there a set standard applied to those who make mistakes? Things have really changed since I started. Supervisors were supervisors back then and looked out for their guys (Massie, Rudolph, Epple, Kaufman, O'Brien). Those were guys who knew and understood what a mistake was and would speak to you and take care of it at a shift level. It didn't go past them.

The only guys who I can even begin to compare to them are Bernice and Eads. What happend to all the rest

What happened to all the incidents which "the now supervisors" made back when they were rookies and were termed "mistakes" . I don't recall any of them getting brought up. Where is the fairness???

05-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Nice post 40cal. Copy and paste about Garrity. Impressive. The point I was making is that the officer you were so wrongly bashing were "forced" to give a statement under Garrity. Thus, even if they did not want to, they had to. Now you don't expect them to lie in their sworn statement do you? I sure hope not. Its not their fault they witnessed an incident that was investigated by IA. Your so quick to jump that I am fully supporting firing all these officers. I dont agree with the most recent decision to fire the guy and girl that were MDTing each other. That was wrong but it was also the City Manager who ordered that and not our Chief. He backed them and wanted to retain them.

As for you others who are telling me just wait until I have some time on here and I'll see what kind of place this is. I can bet you I have more time on than anyone else on this post. I can tell that just by all the whining I am hearing. Your pissed off patrol officers that want more and are not willing to work for it. If you concentrated on finding out what you could do to get what you want more and whined less you may actually get it.

Nice talking with you fellas. Thanks for teaching the rest of these guys about Garrity 40cal...Great Job. See, you can do good if you put your mind to it :D

05-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Objectivity, you post under this screen name and are far from it.
You sound very much like admin rep or deeznuts,although a wee bit more articulate. On a side note ,don't go on e-harmony ,as you might get paired up with one of them :P ,
Now everyone knows that you MUST make a statement ,but no one can tell you what TO SAY or what you saw for that matter. ENOUGH SAID. If your an "old timer" as you say -take it from another, that these officers should not have EMBELLISED for the worst what they saw or think they saw, or tailor their statements to make admin happy,say what admin wants to hear, understand admin agenda etc. Thats what makes them the perverbial rodents that they have been labeled!!
Chuckie cheese and mucho macho mellisa actually were rehearsed prior to their attack, on how to answer the questions, and what the admin attny was after!! oh yes !!just ask THEM ,many of us witnessed this that day of arbitration. That was done against the pba advice and during questioning went against pba suggestions. What union are THEY in? Just ask them!! While hiltie hussein sat in the room to intimidate anyone who came in. I heard this from several of the horses mouths, and sat in the 3rd floor hallway giving my friend support, we all know who he is. They spent over 20 grand to get him out, what a threat he must of been to hiltie,retribution at any price, huh??
This went on in the torres case also, that we now know sgt svu "tailored", and this effort only gets applied to certain people!!, So its not about lies under oath, its about the evils you ignore ,which have gone on way too long!
Maybe you should lose your condecending tone in your posts, we are not all idiots and whiners. Do you think if roger and Lt shanty mull. harassed the town carpenter or hannah montana of the day or any other g.o.b. flavor of the month, that they would get away with it and their constant mutual efforts.? Thats why bosses-not leaders like this will never get respect, never!!
Now the svu wench is salivating that she is the only sgt in station 2 and can take whatever title she wants and still be a waste of flesh backstabbing gossipy tart. They have opened a pandora's box with all these frivalous IA's, and poor mike maseiro is pushing a donkey up a hill, for an indescretion/mistake/policy violation which took a few seconds to unravel a venerable 14 years. Where is progressive dicipline here, is it only applied to gob's 5 strikes and your out? -and everyone else is subjected to this mediveal punishments? Put that in your pipes/stems and smoke it -my admin kissasses, you won't fool us anymore!! Stop with the lame ass excuses, bring on change and lets hope its for the better ,it can't get any worse :roll:

05-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Objectivity, looks like I'm hitting home with some of my posts sweetheart! Its going to be alright sweetheart , I have some extra soft cottonelle tissues for you! My post was so long winded ,but you read every word , and every sentence. Since my facts are so wrong let me be the first person to open up this discussion to officer Torres , an let's hear him give me the facts straight! Hey Officer Torres while your at it ,why don't you tell us the facts on how Number 1 and his little Do Boys called you up to the third floor threatening you with your job when you joined the F.O.P. I personally would love to hear that story!!!!!! Sgt.VCU its not my problem that your under qualified to be in charge of the Detective's VCU unit! All the cops here know that there are at the very least 5 detectives more qualified than you to be a VCU Sgt. As a Matter fact SGt JEN!!!!!!!!!!! I'M willing to open a post and have a small little poll , and the question will be "Who Are the Worst Three Road Sgt's Promoted in the Last Five Years?" I'll bet that your on the top three list ! You came on the this site backing up your your JAM partner from back in the day Sgt. Freddie Mercury who is also godfather to your kids, and thought you were going save the day for him & the third floor. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of us NON- Kool Aid drinkers blogging on this site must be really hitting home. I mean I'm looking around at some of these G.O.B.'s walking around the station with their heads down like they lost their family dog Lassie. Now we're getting visits from Maj . Baker at briefings! What's next a visit from Number 1? It's too late Maj. Baker you guys had 7 years to come down to briefing and show support for officers, but you didn't! The 7 years Number 1 has been here, and I never saw or heard the Chief come down to briefing and tell the officers " We Appreciate The Job Your Doing!" not once!!!! Na! NA NA!, Na! NA Na ! Hey !Hey! Hey! Goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SGt Jen Rat of course you can't understand my views ,because you not a real cop! I Don't Need to go to any local colleges down here, because while you were kicking dirt around the trailer park , with your cowgirl boots. I was obtaining a four year degree from a university up north with high academic and athletic standards! Since I live in Ft. Myers , and you don't ,I don't want soft & rat cops like you patrolling my neighborhood. I'd rather have you ringing up my Big Gulp at 7-11! There's a great ten code invented for rats like you when you guys are coming to my traffic stops, and or calls. It sounds like this!
40cal to FT. Myers! FT.Myers Dispatch responds Go Ahead 40cal! 40cal replies Ft. Myers You Can Have SGT VCU, and ALL THE Other Rats 10-81!!
I have a Special July Good- Bye for the G.O.B.'s And Sgt.Objectivity !
[/img]http://contentcatalog.hotbar.com/Skins/mailskins/em/050107/050107NA5_prv.gif[img] (alt+p)

05-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Here is a little July goodbye for the G.O.B. 's And you Objectivity!
http://contentcatalog.hotbar.com/Skins/mailskins/em/050107/050107NA5_prv.gif (alt+p)

05-30-2008, 02:53 AM
Objectivity, you post under this screen name and are far from it.
You sound very much like admin rep or deeznuts,although a wee bit more articulate. On a side note ,don't go on e-harmony ,as you might get paired up with one of them :P ,
Now everyone knows that you MUST make a statement ,but no one can tell you what TO SAY or what you saw for that matter. ENOUGH SAID. If your an "old timer" as you say -take it from another, that these officers should not have EMBELLISED for the worst what they saw or think they saw, or tailor their statements to make admin happy,say what admin wants to hear, understand admin agenda etc. Thats what makes them the perverbial rodents that they have been labeled!!
Chuckie cheese and mucho macho mellisa actually were rehearsed prior to their attack, on how to answer the questions, and what the admin attny was after!! oh yes !!just ask THEM ,many of us witnessed this that day of arbitration. That was done against the pba advice and during questioning went against pba suggestions. What union are THEY in? Just ask them!! While hiltie hussein sat in the room to intimidate anyone who came in. I heard this from several of the horses mouths, and sat in the 3rd floor hallway giving my friend support, we all know who he is. They spent over 20 grand to get him out, what a threat he must of been to hiltie,retribution at any price, huh??
This went on in the torres case also, that we now know sgt svu "tailored", and this effort only gets applied to certain people!!, So its not about lies under oath, its about the evils you ignore ,which have gone on way too long!
Maybe you should lose your condecending tone in your posts, we are not all idiots and whiners. Do you think if roger and Lt shanty mull. harassed the town carpenter or hannah montana of the day or any other g.o.b. flavor of the month, that they would get away with it and their constant mutual efforts.? Thats why bosses-not leaders like this will never get respect, never!!
Now the svu wench is salivating that she is the only sgt in station 2 and can take whatever title she wants and still be a waste of flesh backstabbing gossipy tart. They have opened a pandora's box with all these frivalous IA's, and poor mike maseiro is pushing a donkey up a hill, for an indescretion/mistake/policy violation which took a few seconds to unravel a venerable 14 years. Where is progressive dicipline here, is it only applied to gob's 5 strikes and your out? -and everyone else is subjected to this mediveal punishments? Put that in your pipes/stems and smoke it -my admin kissasses, you won't fool us anymore!! Stop with the lame ass excuses, bring on change and lets hope its for the better ,it can't get any worse :roll:

You try and make a point but you say nothing. By the sound of your statements one would think you were an eye witness to the Torres incident, the Masiero incident and all these others you speak of. Somehow I think you were not. So that being the case, the information and accusations you are making about the Lt, Sgt.'s and officers is based on 3rd, 4th and 5th hand knowledge. Do you see a problem with that? You should. I sure do and the rest of you posting should always keep this in mind. 136 is ranting and raving about something he has no first hand knowledge of. Your points mean nothing because you don't have 1st hand knowledge. Rumor, lies and fantasy are all wrapped up in your reasoning but your not willing or not mature enough to see through the smoke. Its people like you who create controversy that only harms the agency. I'm beginning to wonder why I am even trying to explain myself. You'll never understand this concept.

Be safe out there fellas.

05-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Sorry boys. Forgot to add my handle. The above was by Objectivity...

05-30-2008, 03:21 AM
Handle this you jackass, most of my info, unlike your water cooler sumations on the 3rd floor ,Is either 1st hand or from the horses mouth. Stop referring to facts as rumors ,because you expose yourself to be the buffoon that you are.
Everything I've said has been proven, so monkey butter-,you can't change history. Now get your shine box and go elsewhere, because we are not buying your authoritarian jizz anymore, and change your condecending tone!!!-your not talking to your baby's mom at suncoast. I've forgotten more police work than you'll ever learn!! So don't talk of concepts, this is a brotherhood that you will never be part of ,because you're tainted goods from swallowing koolaid amongst other things.
The silent majority knows what you and the rest of that slime gob' s have done and see you for the feces that you are!
How's that for a concept 8)

05-30-2008, 05:52 AM
Sgt.VCU you forgot your handle? Let me let you in on a secret, your not sitting in your Daddy's Pick-Up truck playing with his CB radio! Its Called a USERNAME THERE COWGIRL! I put on my sunday's best just for you ,want to square dance?
http://contentcatalog.hotbar.com/Skins/mailskins/em/110106/110106TA2_prv.gif (alt+p)

05-30-2008, 05:01 PM
First Torres, then Serge - did it take this long for the admin to realize that SGT Mike was a Yankee from New York? Take note the rest of you damn yankees...time is running short. When Da Sox go to Sarasota theyll start on the Bostonians!

05-30-2008, 05:31 PM
wow you are all a bunch of godawful losers, mike is a great guy, STOP WRITTING ABOUT HIM, why cant you just leave stuff like alone ? is he not going to be dragged thru the media enough for you ? heres a news flash for you, the county is hiring if you think the grass greener on the other side !!! its going to get worse before it ever gets better, thats a fact !!!! so leave and make room for the rest of us.

05-30-2008, 10:07 PM
By invoking the Garrity rule, the officer is invoking his or her right against self incrimination. Any statements made after invoking Garrity, may only be used for department investigation purposes and not for criminal prosecution purposes. The Garrity Rule stems from the court case Garrity v. New Jersey, 385 U.S. 493 (1967), which was decided in 1966 by the United States Supreme Court. It was a traffic ticket fixing case of all things.

Officers were advised that they had to answer questions subjecting them to criminal prosecution or lose their jobs. The Court held that this was Unconstitutional.

Technically, there are two prongs under the Garrity rights. First, if an officer is compelled to answer questions as a condition of employment, the officer's answers and the fruits of those answers may not be used against the officer in a subsequent criminal prosecution. Second, the department becomes limited as to what they may ask. Such questions must be specifically, narrowly, and directly tailored to the officer's job.

Thus, the basic thrust of the Garrity Rights or Garrity Rule is that a department member may be compelled to give statements under threat of discipline or discharge but those statements may not be used in the criminal prosecution of the individual officer. This means that the Garrity Rule only protects a department member from criminal prosecution based upon statements he or she might make under threat of discipline or discharge.

Also, the Garrity Rule is not automatically triggered simply because questioning is taking place. The officer must announce that he or she wants the protections under Garrity. The above statement should be prepared in writing, and the officer should obtain a copy of it. If a written statement is being taken from an officer, the officer should insist that the Garrity Warning actually be typed in the statement. Consult your attorney and union delegate for the laws regarding Garrity in your state before providing any statement.

Below is the actual Garrity Warning:

1. I am being questioned as part of an investigation by this agency into potential violations of department rules and regulations, or for my fitness for duty. This investigation concerns

2. I have invoked my Miranda rights on the grounds that I might incriminate myself in a criminal matter.

3. I have been granted use immunity. No answer given by me, nor evidence derived from the answer, may be used against me in any criminal proceeding, except for perjury or false swearing.

4. I understand that I must now answer questions specifically, directly and narrowly related to the performance of my official duties or my fitness for office.

5. If I refuse to answer, I may be subject to discipline for that refusal which can result in my dismissal from this agency.

6. Anything I say may be used against me in any subsequent department charges.

7. I have the right to consult with a representative of my collective bargaining unit, or another representative of my choice, and have him or her present during the interview.

Assistant Prosecutor/Deputy Attorney General Authorizing: __________________________

Signature:________________________________

Date:_______________ Time:_____________

Witnessed by: ______________________________

Hey MATE...40-cent/.40cal, I'm glad to see that you are well aware of the Garrity Rights. The bottom line here is that if you f-up.. shame on you and admit to your mistake. The problem here is that majority of the Irishman don’t like to own up to their mistake, which prompts them to quickly educate themselves of the Officer's Garrity Rights, especially when that pressure.. just keeps pressing on!! . If these Irishman stop beating down the minorities like there were beaten by the British, in the days of the English rule..JUST..JUST..maybe the IA's fine Sgt. Jen (see makes me smile when I see her! :D ) wouldn't have to approach these officers in an aggressive threaten tone. FYI, Sgt Jen!!.. 40--cent fears that someday you may be our next chief.. Sgt Jen..The boys up here got your back.. love you..Hum....40-cents, to make you feel like you’re important, I will ask the city manager if he will make a special position just for you: Be Sgt. Jen coach bag carrier..

05-31-2008, 12:37 AM
heres a news flash for you, the county is hiring if you think the grass greener on the other side !!! its going to get worse before it ever gets better, thats a fact !!!! so leave and make room for the rest of us.

I did. It is. Come on over.

05-31-2008, 10:41 PM
heres a news flash for you, the county is hiring if you think the grass greener on the other side !!! its going to get worse before it ever gets better, thats a fact !!!! so leave and make room for the rest of us.

I did. It is. Come on over.

You got that right! :mrgreen:

08-31-2008, 03:44 PM
I hear Masiero is coming back, is it true? who is he tight with in admin???

08-31-2008, 06:49 PM
lets not forget about KIDDER she tore apart SIG in a week...................................GOOD JOB KIDDER..............!!!!!!!!!

What was Tony Sizemore's deal again that was a while ago with him and Torres?

09-01-2008, 06:56 PM

I guess the city manager didn't get a copy of his files. Its funny how only a few selected IA reports end up on the city manager's desk and then admins blames the city manager for firing those selected individuals. Makes you wanna go hhmmm.....

FABLES, please do the honors and mention Major Glen and the PBA President in you next riddle please. These two bozos need to be in the spot light.

09-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I remember Sizemore when he worked here. What did he do again to get forced out of here and go to the Cape?

09-09-2008, 02:28 PM
would serge be allowed to come back if mike comes back? shall we compare incidents and SAO findings? what do you think jimmy????

09-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Good question, I'll be looking into it and comparing incidents!!

09-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Good question, I'll be looking into it and comparing incidents!!
I have reviewed serge's case and I am sorry to inform you that he has no chance in hell of coming back. Dont worry, be happy, and enjoy your early retirement

09-11-2008, 05:41 PM
First off ,imposter mngr. your bleeding heart only is outdone by your vaselined buttocks.
Serge was outright flaked in-so-far as progressive dicipline. The deft. made no complaint,was still RESISTING as testified by the more knowledgable officers present,and was not so much as scratched, and did I mention he plead guilty!!?? He was given JAIL time for the 2 felony warrants that that wuss Lt. thougt un -important, as well as the fact that he had resisted on 3 prior arrests
So, not that he should or would come back, he should have NEVER left!! I don't want to see mike leave either ,but basically he was CONVICTED, AND NOT THE FIRST INCIDENT.

09-12-2008, 12:42 AM
what about sizemore and torres, someone answer it

09-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Guest wrote:

That would be his wife.

09-13-2008, 04:41 AM
I have reviewed serge's case and I am sorry to inform you that he has no chance in hell of coming back. Dont worry, be happy, and enjoy your early retirement

We do not expect him back, especially if the current chief remains in office. Although, if the current chief had any common sense he too knows this good cop was thrown under the bus by Lt. Moody, and that the agency was totally wrong to fire him. All I know is if Masiero comes back Serge definitely needs to pursue a law suit against this agency. So City Manager AKA: Lt Moody, I guarantee he will really enjoy his retirement after he wins his law suit. You can take that to the bank! :lol:

09-13-2008, 06:43 PM

We do not expect him back, especially if the current chief remains in office. Although, if the current chief had any common sense he too knows this good cop was thrown under the bus by Lt. Moody, and that the agency was totally wrong to fire him. All I know is if Masiero comes back Serge definitely needs to pursue a law suit against this agency. So City Manager AKA: Lt Moody, I guarantee he will really enjoy his retirement after he wins his law suit. You can take that to the bank! :lol:
Boo,Hoo, Boo,Hoo...Look at everyone else's use of force record, why was I fired? I've done just as much for this agency as they have...NOT!
This is not NYPD...Once you realize that, and except it, you can move on...So stop flapping at the gums "has-been", The rest of us are looking to a brighter future with this agency. We will send you a post-card after the chief's new plan is a success.

09-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Serge you should have sued the city and probably still could for his unjustified firing. Serge if Masiero is exonorated and placed back on duty, you can clearly prove that your firing was rigged and unjustified.

You would also show that favoritism exists at FMPD, and prove you had an unjustifed arbitration hearing, overseen by an elderly incompotent hearing officer.

Serge the city always settles out of court :!:

09-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Boo,Hoo, Boo,Hoo...Look at everyone else's use of force record, why was I fired? I've done just as much for this agency as they have...NOT!
This is not NYPD...Once you realize that, and except it, you can move on...So stop flapping at the gums "has-been", The rest of us are looking to a brighter future with this agency. We will send you a post-card after the chief's new plan is a success.

Why don't you take the Chief's plans and shove it up your A@@. You arrogant SOB! It's funny how a few knows what’s going on and leave everyone else out to dry. So chief why don't you communicate with all of us? What is up with all these secrets? Why is the Lt. calling one of his best friend and telling him to get ready cause he is going to get promoted soon. These are questions that should be answered Chief! Communicate with all of us or don't communicate at all!!!!!

09-23-2008, 11:59 PM

Ask Torres he would know

09-24-2008, 04:35 PM

Ask Torres he would know
Who is Torres?

09-24-2008, 04:38 PM

Ask Torres he would know
Who is Torres?

09-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Who is Torres?

He was one of us until Sgt. VCU threw him under the bus and received a bulls*** IA. And our wonderful PBA president did not do a damn thing to help him out. Way to go PBA!!! Torres can’t get hired by any other agency, Mr. Daniels made sure of that.

09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
what did sizemore do to Torres?

09-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Guest wrote:

That would be his wife.

We don't want him back, we can't trust him, think about the negative impact this would have on the agency if he comes back, what kind of message are you sending? but they'll probably let him come back since his wife is buddies with the major, they're lunch buddies, she's useless too

09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
what did sizemore do to Torres?
would someone answer this already?

09-28-2008, 09:32 PM
As a ROOKIE!!!, in f t o, he thought it was his place to question Torres MINOR contact with a drunk , and took his liberal ass in and started an IA, which was embellished by vcu wench who didnt like Torres, thus making another rat tale for the books.

10-01-2008, 01:14 PM
As a ROOKIE!!!, in f t o, he thought it was his place to question Torres MINOR contact with a drunk , and took his liberal ass in and started an IA, which was embellished by vcu wench who didnt like Torres, thus making another rat tale for the books.

Sizemore was a weasel anyway.

10-04-2008, 04:55 AM
maybe they should shift their efforts towards the officer who is in his mid 20s, 27 to be exact, working the mid shift with an IRISH name who was run out of NJ. Great officer, when hes sober; look in his cup holder i guarantee you'll find either a coffee, iced tea, or 7-11 slurpee; all 3 are easily spiked with hard alcohol and non detectabile by smell. And you wonder why hes so quiet on the radio and hides in the south end of the city!

10-04-2008, 06:12 AM
maybe they should shift their efforts towards the officer who is in his mid 20s, 27 to be exact, working the mid shift with an IRISH name who was run out of NJ. Great officer, when hes sober; look in his cup holder i guarantee you'll find either a coffee, iced tea, or 7-11 slurpee; all 3 are easily spiked with hard alcohol and non detectabile by smell. And you wonder why hes so quiet on the radio and hides in the south end of the city!
Look...If a slurpee every now and then keeps this crime fighter from having the shakes, then a slurpee dispenser should be incorporated into the budget.

10-04-2008, 06:13 AM
Fort Myers police sergeant demoted after investigation finds wrongdoing
By Rachel Myers • rmyers@news-press.com • October 3, 2008

After nine months on paid leave, a Fort Myers Police sergeant has been demoted, removed from special assignment and must spend one month on unpaid leave after an internal investigation found claims of improper conduct and disobedience to rules were substantiated.

Sgt. Michael Masiero is said to have rough-handled a suspect while questioning him on a burglary charge. It is not alleged that he struck or kicked him, but rather that he threw him to the ground while he was restrained in shackles and swore at him. There were no signs of injury to the suspect, Rolex Costume, 23.

Costume is currently in Lee County Jail awaiting trial on multiple counts of burglary and grand theft. But he is not the one who made the complaint about the incident, which happened Feb. 14. It was two other detectives.

Chief Doug Baker said he believes that fact alone should give confidence to the community.

“I think police culture has changed over the years,” Baker said. “There has always been that thin blue line when it comes to not talking about the actions of fellow officers, and I don’t approve of that. I want us to be transparent as possible, and I think this is going to give us credibility among our officers and with the community.”

He said Masiero’s long record of positive feedback over 15 years of service and just on disciplinary complaint, which did not involve excessive force, contributed to the decision to keep him on as an officer.

Baker said the one thing he was disappointed about was the fact that the investigation took so long. The internal investigation had to be suspended when the state attorney’s office filed a charge of battery against Masiero in May. The charges were dropped in August after Masiero completed agreed upon terms for a pre-trial diversion. The internal investigation could then be resumed.

“I’m disappointed that it took so long,” Baker said. “I believe cases like this should take precedence not only because of the costs incurred, but because a quick-turn-around helps maintain public confidence.”

10-04-2008, 06:29 AM
"It is not alleged that he struck or kicked him, but rather that he threw him to the ground while he was restrained in shackles and swore at him."

Hey Ruggio, this incident with Masiero makes you look like a saint, I would be contacting my lawyer right now if I was you.

"Baker said Masiero’s long record of positive feedback over 15 years of service and just on disciplinary complaint, which did not involve excessive force, contributed to the decision to keep him on as an officer."

Didn't Serge Ruggio have about 30 years of service? Looks as though things will never change around here. :twisted:

10-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Mike you and your wife are great people. Dont let these idiots knock you down more. Some of them are just jealous. Keep your head up and move on from this. Next week it wil be forgotten about and someone else will be the target. It happens all the time
from
An Allie

10-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Mike you and your wife are great people. Dont let these idiots knock you down more. Some of them are just jealous. Keep your head up and move on from this. Next week it wil be forgotten about and someone else will be the target. It happens all the time
from
An Allie
I agree, try not to let this break your spirit, and who you are inside. You are one of best this department has ever hired, and you always had your troop's back. We all have a lot of respect for you, so hold your head up high my brother.

10-04-2008, 07:19 PM
from
An Allie

I have been away for a while assisting the city manager with the selection for a new chief. I kept convincing him that Chief Doug Baker is the man for the job..The city manager asked me the other day "DeezNuts, what do you think about letting Doug Baker be the next police chief?" Well, I couldn't answer that question because I don't really know, Chief Baker! I suggested that he should read LEO's affair and familiarized himself with former FMPD's Officer Ruggio's blogs. It's funny that my knew "around-the-way" girl, Mowesha, has JUNGLE-FEVER: she likes Doug, dearly.."She has a strong crush on him!" So, If my girl likes Doug and then that makes me like him unconditionally . For that simple reason, DOUG for chief!!! And for that SGT- who whupped that Haitian boy's butts. Man, shame on you! Them Papa "Doc" boys down in Haiti would have done a better job crushing his watermelon head into pink pieces. After they were done with him..That Haitian boy would have accepted that azz beating like a man..Now for Chief Baker, how am I going to explain to the minority's communities.. Why other minorities officers that were fired..weren't giving the same immunity, as this SGT; espeacialy when there use-of- forces were brutal as the SGT. Doug, it's hard being "DeeZnut" trying to teach the elements of logic reasoning to members of low-life organizations: Irish-Black Caucus, Boys-in-Blue, Dumbar Hates the Police, Anthony Thomas and the Ten-Pips. These Mofos dont under logic. Well there are option and one of them is calling on .40 Cal and his teethless girlfriend as my backup.. To be continued!!!

10-05-2008, 03:40 AM
from
An Allie

Ugh.

"Allie"? I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you actually meant "ally" and not some cutesy chick nickname "Allison." However, you get partial credit for the correct usage of the indefinite article 'an.'

At any rate, you fine and upright specimen of justice, I hope you're writing your reports in MS Office with spell check, because seriously... they are legal documents and public record.

Also, Weezlenuts, I think you meant "toothless" as opposed to "teethless." I'll leave you alone to ponder the numerous grammatical errors of your way.

You people are terminally hopeless.

10-05-2008, 03:45 AM
from
An Allie
Sweetheart, you obviously do not know what goes on at FMPD. Everyone adores Mike we all know that. But take it from me.......no one is jealous of Mike. :snicker:

The point everyone is trying to make is that this agency is not consistent with their disciplinary actions. What’s good for one is not good for the other. If you are in cahoots with the administration then you are protected no matter what you do. An example of this would be the Major. That is why we have so many officers kissing A**. For those who will not lower themselves just to get ahead will be targeted and the PBA president who is suppose to protect them from the unjust ways of the administration, sits back and lets good officers fall. Why that is? Well the PBA President is also in cahoots with the administration, just ask Leach. I was really disappointed with the chief. This agency desperately needs a new chief from the outside to revamp FMPD. My prediction for the future is if Baker remains the Chief Mike will be working up on the third floor in no time.

Mike please don’t be offended by all of this, people will talk about something new tomorrow. But one thing is for sure THIS WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

10-05-2008, 11:32 AM
from
An Allie
Sweetheart, you obviously do not know what goes on at FMPD. Everyone adores Mike we all know that. But take it from me.......no one is jealous of Mike. :snicker:

The point everyone is trying to make is that this agency is not consistent with their disciplinary actions. What’s good for one is not good for the other. If you are in cahoots with the administration then you are protected no matter what you do. An example of this would be the Major. That is why we have so many officers kissing A**. For those who will not lower themselves just to get ahead will be targeted and the PBA president who is suppose to protect them from the unjust ways of the administration, sits back and lets good officers fall. Why that is? Well the PBA President is also in cahoots with the administration, just ask Leach. I was really disappointed with the chief. This agency desperately needs a new chief from the outside to revamp FMPD. My prediction for the future is if Baker remains the Chief Mike will be working up on the third floor in no time.

Mike please don’t be offended by all of this, people will talk about something new tomorrow. But one thing is for sure THIS WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

I CAN TELL YOU ONE THING THAT WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN...YOUR QUOTE:

"WHY THAT IS?"

I DO GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR CHOOSING THE WORD "CAHOOTS" MANY TIMES IN YOUR POST...ITS A GREAT WORD AND NOT USED MUCH.

10-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Do you think fort myers pd is the only agency to have this bs going on? It happens in every agency. If you kiss ass to the brass then you are good to go.