PDA

View Full Version : Drowning Awareness Campaign

05-25-2008, 06:59 PM
The Sheriff's new drowning awareness campaign is really authentic with the real 911 calls. Awareness and education mean everything. Check it out at www.sheriff.org (http://www.sheriff.org).

05-25-2008, 07:26 PM
The Sheriff's new drowning awareness campaign is really authentic with the real 911 calls. Awareness and education mean everything. Check it out at www.sheriff.org (http://www.sheriff.org).

Why do they only use African American voices? I find this very Offending and feel like he is profiling my community. What White kids don't drown?
Let's face whites have swimming pools we don't..

05-25-2008, 08:36 PM

Why do they only use African American voices? I find this very Offending and feel like he is profiling my community. What White kids don't drown?

GET A LIFE AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE INSTEAD OF USING EVERYTHING AS A CRUTCH JUST BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOR.

05-25-2008, 10:27 PM
[quote="A Jelly Donut and Coffee":1kbe4qpn]The Sheriff's new drowning awareness campaign is really authentic with the real 911 calls. Awareness and education mean everything. Check it out at www.sheriff.org (http://www.sheriff.org).

GET A LIFE AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE INSTEAD OF USING EVERYTHING AS A CRUTCH JUST BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOR.[/quote:1kbe4qpn]

As an African American who grew up in Broward County, This reminds me of the stories my parents use to tell me about Sheriff Clark Lynching African American for being black. Thanks for the fond memories Mr. Lamberti, You will never get my vote and will only be in your position for a short time.

05-25-2008, 10:38 PM

If you dont have swimming pools then you need to keep your kids out of other people's pools. This way they won't drown......novel idea, huh???

05-25-2008, 10:45 PM

If you dont have swimming pools then you need to keep your kids out of other people's pools. This way they won't drown......novel idea, huh???

Its amazing I didnt think the Sheriff could sink any lower, I guess I was wrong.

05-25-2008, 11:00 PM
[quote="A Jelly Donut and Coffee":hhts39wl]The Sheriff's new drowning awareness campaign is really authentic with the real 911 calls. Awareness and education mean everything. Check it out at www.sheriff.org (http://www.sheriff.org).

GET A LIFE AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE INSTEAD OF USING EVERYTHING AS A CRUTCH JUST BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOR.

As an African American who grew up in Broward County, This reminds me of the stories my parents use to tell me about Sheriff Clark Lynching African American for being black. Thanks for the fond memories Mr. Lamberti, You will never get my vote and will only be in your position for a short time.[/quote:hhts39wl]

This is just another example of Al taking advise from that DREAM TEAM he brought in. Hang in there Al you are going to be the shortest term sheriff in the history of this agency.

05-26-2008, 12:11 AM
[quote="A Jelly Donut and Coffee":14qefwro]The Sheriff's new drowning awareness campaign is really authentic with the real 911 calls. Awareness and education mean everything. Check it out at www.sheriff.org (http://www.sheriff.org).

As an African American who grew up in Broward County, This reminds me of the stories my parents use to tell me about Sheriff Clark Lynching African American for being black. Thanks for the fond memories Mr. Lamberti, You will never get my vote and will only be in your position for a short time.

This is just another example of Al taking advise from that DREAM TEAM he brought in. Hang in there Al you are going to be the shortest term sheriff in the history of this agency.[/quote:14qefwro]

I agree, he has his head in the sand again just like his entire career.. Ignore it and it might go away.. Thanks Al..

05-26-2008, 12:34 AM
[quote="A Jelly Donut and Coffee":1jyio5dg]The Sheriff's new drowning awareness campaign is really authentic with the real 911 calls. Awareness and education mean everything. Check it out at www.sheriff.org (http://www.sheriff.org).

This is just another example of Al taking advise from that DREAM TEAM he brought in. Hang in there Al you are going to be the shortest term sheriff in the history of this agency.

I agree, he has his head in the sand again just like his entire career.. Ignore it and it might go away.. Thanks Al..[/quote:1jyio5dg]

Looks like someboby is backpeddling!

05-26-2008, 01:50 AM
[quote="A Jelly Donut and Coffee":1xxu0tjp]The Sheriff's new drowning awareness campaign is really authentic with the real 911 calls. Awareness and education mean everything. Check it out at www.sheriff.org (http://www.sheriff.org).

As an African American who grew up in Broward County, This reminds me of the stories my parents use to tell me about Sheriff Clark Lynching African American for being black. Thanks for the fond memories Mr. Lamberti, You will never get my vote and will only be in your position for a short time.[/quote:1xxu0tjp]

Taken from the CDC website:
Minorities:
Between 2000 and 2005, the fatal unintentional drowning rate for African Americans across all ages was 1.3 times that of whites. For American Indians and Alaskan Natives, this rate was 1.8 times that of whites.1
Rates of fatal drowning are notably higher among these populations in certain age groups. The fatal drowning rate of African American children ages 5 to 14 is 3.2 times that of white children in the same age range. For American Indian and Alaskan Native children, the fatal drowning rate is 2.4 times higher than for white children.1
Factors such as the physical environment (e.g., access to swimming pools) and a combination of social and cultural issues (e.g., valuing swimming skills and choosing recreational water-related activities) may contribute to the racial differences in drowning rates. If minorities participate less in water-related activities than whites, their drowning rates (per exposure) may be higher than currently reported.5

05-26-2008, 04:44 AM
[quote=Anonymous][quote="A Jelly Donut and Coffee":3mt0dr5r]The Sheriff's new drowning awareness campaign is really authentic with the real 911 calls. Awareness and education mean everything. Check it out at www.sheriff.org (http://www.sheriff.org).

As an African American who grew up in Broward County, This reminds me of the stories my parents use to tell me about Sheriff Clark Lynching African American for being black. Thanks for the fond memories Mr. Lamberti, You will never get my vote and will only be in your position for a short time.[/quote:3mt0dr5r]

Taken from the CDC website:
Minorities:
Between 2000 and 2005, the fatal unintentional drowning rate for African Americans across all ages was 1.3 times that of whites. For American Indians and Alaskan Natives, this rate was 1.8 times that of whites.1
Rates of fatal drowning are notably higher among these populations in certain age groups. The fatal drowning rate of African American children ages 5 to 14 is 3.2 times that of white children in the same age range. For American Indian and Alaskan Native children, the fatal drowning rate is 2.4 times higher than for white children.1
Factors such as the physical environment (e.g., access to swimming pools) and a combination of social and cultural issues (e.g., valuing swimming skills and choosing recreational water-related activities) may contribute to the racial differences in drowning rates. If minorities participate less in water-related activities than whites, their drowning rates (per exposure) may be higher than currently reported.5[/quote:3mt0dr5r]
Good point, but everyone knows that the CDC is prejudiced against the African Americans, just ask Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson, they know the truth. Just the other day the CDC was thinking up a way to conspire against all people of color. Maybe next the little green martians will be in the crosshairs of the CDC.

05-26-2008, 05:06 AM

We prefer the term European American and Caucasian is acceptable. I find the comment about "white kids" and "whites" extremely offensive. Are you a racist?

05-26-2008, 07:49 AM
Just another bunch of posts from retards trying to stir things up. How do you get anything racist from the drownign prevention campaign?? Oh wait, I know, pick me. Well then go ahead.......... You get a bunch of losers trying to smear the current Sheriff, because they were promised a BJ by someone running for Sheriff. Hey lets take everything out of context into one big pile of dogsnot. Lets throw some racist BS in the mix , that should do it. Nice try, Ahabs.

05-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Just another bunch of posts from retards trying to stir things up. How do you get anything racist from the drownign prevention campaign?? Oh wait, I know, pick me. Well then go ahead.......... You get a bunch of losers trying to smear the current Sheriff, because they were promised a BJ by someone running for Sheriff. Hey lets take everything out of context into one big pile of dogsnot. Lets throw some racist BS in the mix , that should do it. Nice try, Ahabs.

Wow, this whole thing backfired on Al which was directed by the Great Santucci. Looks like they really put alot of thought into the presentation..
What do you expect from a $150,000 a year External Affairs Communications Director. Which brings up another point, why do we need an External Communications Affairs Director anyway? In the 25 + years I have been here, this is the first. I guess it's just another cost saving measure in lieu of our raise.
Thanks Al..

05-26-2008, 12:50 PM

Wow, this whole thing backfired on Al which was directed by the Great Santucci. Looks like they really put alot of thought into the presentation..
What do you expect from a $150,000 a year External Affairs Communications Director. Which brings up another point, why do we need an External Communications Affairs Director anyway? In the 25 + years I have been here, this is the first. I guess it's just another cost saving measure in lieu of our raise.
Thanks Al..

Its another name for the Director fo the PIOs.....grow up!!! Its not a new position

05-26-2008, 01:03 PM

Thanks Al..

Its another name for the Director fo the PIOs.....grow up!!! Its not a new position

Thats funny, I thought Jim Leijdal is the Director for Public Information,. How many Directors do we need? ALL CHIEFS AND NO INDIANS

05-26-2008, 02:06 PM

Thanks Al..

Thats funny, I thought Jim Leijdal is the Director for Public Information,. How many Directors do we need? ALL CHIEFS AND NO INDIANS

BSO's Media Relations Staff Bios
Jim Leljedal
Director of Media Relations

Jim Leljedal is the most experienced, and one of the most knowledgeable law enforcement spokesmen in Broward County. Before joining BSO, Jim was a news reporter for WCIX-TV/Channel 6 (now WFOR) and WINZ NewsRadio in Miami. He covered some of the most important news events of the era, providing live coverage of serial killer Ted Bundy's trial in Miami and was the only reporter present for Diana Nyad's historic open ocean swim.

In 1983, he became an official spokesperson for the sheriff's office, ultimately attended the police academy and became a certified deputy sheriff. Jim regularly works on "road patrol" and with various specialized units. Jim received a bachelor's degree in communications from Nova University and has earned a master's degree in criminal justice management at St. Thomas University. Jim has lived in Broward County since 1965, is married and has three sons.

05-26-2008, 03:33 PM

Thanks Al..

BSO's Media Relations Staff Bios
Jim Leljedal
Director of Media Relations

Jim Leljedal is the most experienced, and one of the most knowledgeable law enforcement spokesmen in Broward County. Before joining BSO, Jim was a news reporter for WCIX-TV/Channel 6 (now WFOR) and WINZ NewsRadio in Miami. He covered some of the most important news events of the era, providing live coverage of serial killer Ted Bundy's trial in Miami and was the only reporter present for Diana Nyad's historic open ocean swim.

In 1983, he became an official spokesperson for the sheriff's office, ultimately attended the police academy and became a certified deputy sheriff. Jim regularly works on "road patrol" and with various specialized units. Jim received a bachelor's degree in communications from Nova University and has earned a master's degree in criminal justice management at St. Thomas University. Jim has lived in Broward County since 1965, is married and has three sons.

So it would be safe that Jim is the Director and that the GREAT SANTUCCI was brought in as a politcal favor..