PDA

View Full Version : Radio Procedures

05-24-2008, 07:27 AM
I don't intent this to sound like I'm being a smart @ss, but I was just wondering if you guys were required to give out so much information when you are doing a 10-50. It usually goes something like this: DeltaXXX 10-50 Flagler County, City of Palm Coast, SR 9 NB at the XXX mile marker on a straight truck, white in color with a Florida tag of XXXXXX, we'll be relocating off of the exit into the parking lot of the BP at 1344 Palm Coast Pkwy, nearest cross street of Lemon Street. I understand giving out information in case you need help, but could you just say 10-50 Palm Coast Pkwy and Lemon Street, Parking Lot of BP, fl tag XXXXX on a white straight truck?

I heard someone today say they were 10-50, blah blah blah, pulling into the DOT Weighing Facility or something like that. Isn't "Scales" sufficient?

I've only heard a few units that do this so I was just wondering if it was just their personal preference or if your policy required all of that.

05-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Guys I've heard some troopers perform a dissertation via radio. I'm not FDOT or FHP, but I've heard "14** Tampa 10-8, I'll be 10-6 at the car wash. 14** Tampa I have a blue sock on my right foot and a black sock on my left foot. I'll be passing the #5 MM on the inside lane. 14** Tampa, It seems that my name plate won't stay attached to me uniform, do you think I should just take it off and wear something else. My tires seem a bit low out here on I-4 WB at the #3 MM. I'm going to activate my emergency equipment and get out and scratch my ass. THe jewels are a tad sore today because I sat on them accidently earlier. 14** Tampa, still scartching my arse, however now it feels a tad moist. I think I'll run 10-18 to CVS and buy some Gold Bond Medicated Powder. 14** Tampa, I checked on at 1400, can you verify it's only 1407??? I feel like I've been talking all day.
******MEANWHILE, SOMEONE HAS TO HIT THE RED BUTTON JUST TO REACH THE TBRCC. I KNOW IT'S SOUNDS FUNNY, BUT IT'S DARN NEAR WHAT WE HEAR DOWN HERE WHEN A CERTIAN INDIVIDUAL IS 10-8.

05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Dude, I know who the officer is that you are talking about. He is our agency FARVA so please dont hold us all accountable for him. His radio procedure is not the norm. Most of us go 10-8 and 10-42 unless we get a warrant or a stop that makes us feel hinky.

05-27-2008, 12:50 AM
Yeah dude, most of us don't usually use the radio unless we get something criminal, or assist with a crash. This officer you are talking about came from Daytona PD, and I'm sure thats how they did things. But just to let you guys know it's in our policy to call in every stop.

05-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks for clearing that up - I thought that guy may have just been overdoing it a bit, but wasn't sure if you guys had a strict policy about calling out your stops. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but I guess he just likes to listening to himself. We ALL have those types.

Thanks again.

dieselcop
05-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, we have a Trooper Sgt that won't stay off the radio. He's a micro-manager and also does 90+ in his patrol vehicle. clocked him a number of times.