PDA

View Full Version : Contract

05-24-2008, 02:45 AM
Is it true you guys voted yes on the two year deal at 5 percent each year? I would like to know other details about your contract. Did you guys give up the pension for the new hires?

05-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Did you guys give up the pension for the new hires?

We gave up our dignity and principles for a bag of potato chips!!

05-24-2008, 04:02 AM
No...we did not give up our pension for new officers. That was the civilians. All of us refused to vote for this contract. Our president was the only one to vote...Now for the fight!

05-24-2008, 12:23 PM
you guys are complete aholes for posting on here. way to go

05-24-2008, 02:33 PM
No...we did not give up our pension for new officers. That was the civilians. All of us refused to vote for this contract. Our president was the only one to vote...Now for the fight!
What "Fight" we lost. Once JL signed that paper the fight is OVER! You fight now and the Gretsas is going to say "Look we gave them a 10% raise and their still B1tching, what a bunch of crybabies". And you know the citizens will agree because they have no idea whats going on. Guess who the hero(s) is in all this, Gretsas and Hebert. You know why? Because they promised the City they would break us and shove a 5 & 5, No Cola down our throats. Guess what, they delivered! Maybe they should be our next Union President and Vice President.

05-24-2008, 05:56 PM
sorry you only got a $600 per month raise. Keep *****ing and see how much support you get from us.

05-24-2008, 07:22 PM
sorry you only got a $600 per month raise. Keep *****ing and see how much support you get from us.

If it's as much as we got for this last conctract keep your support. Who needs you?

05-25-2008, 07:43 PM

And you keep *****ing when it takes us 3 hours to get to your Priority barking dog call. Of course the retard rookie that gets there won't know how to handle the call anyway and you have a really good shot at getting 15'ed yourself. God help you if your tag is unassigned to your vehicle. GOD HELP YOU!!!!!!

05-25-2008, 10:57 PM
I think we should start looking into mergering with BSO. Less stress and complaints. I've already started asking people in my community to support it and write our leaders. :wink:

05-25-2008, 11:58 PM
If thats what you want then go apply to BSO.. Don't drag the rest of us along with you. There are some of us who still want to work for Fort Lauderdale.

05-26-2008, 06:44 PM
What "Fight" we lost. Once JL signed that paper the fight is OVER! You fight now and the Gretsas is going to say "Look we gave them a 10% raise and their still B1tching, what a bunch of crybabies". And you know the citizens will agree because they have no idea whats going on. Guess who the hero(s) is in all this, Gretsas and Hebert. You know why? Because they promised the City they would break us and shove a 5 & 5, No Cola down our throats. Guess what, they delivered! Maybe they should be our next Union President and Vice President.
D@mned if we do, d@mned if we don't. If we didn't take this sh!t sandwich of a contract, they'd say, "Slumping economy, rising gas prices, and the police turned down a 10% raise!" (...which, btw, still puts us far behind most other dept's in this county, and we will surely be last in two years after they get new deals.) So the guys on the way out get a little boost to their pensions (since mentioning a cola to this administration is akin to slaughtering kittens), and we continue to work towards 2009's contract. People would be b!tching either way. This way, we keep most benefits and live to fight another day.

05-27-2008, 02:36 AM

What ever you do for a living is likely somewhat safer than our job can we agree, if not you are in fantasy land about the crime level in this city. Are you driving high speed to rush into armed robberies, rapes, murders, people in the streets shooting for no appparent reason. ? No you are not !

Do you have any clue what its like to have a bullet wiz past you, no you don't? do you ?

How much money would you want to make to possibly get killed and leave your family just trying to keep someone else safe when you could have made more money doing a safe job ? Do you know how many Ft Lauderdale police officers have lost their lives, been permanantly disabled, in servere crashes where their lives never are the same ? How many have severe issues due to the things they've seen doing this job ?

We are in a war with criminals every day, in Ft Lauderdale believe it or not you may not realize it. We deserve much more than we are paid, we deserve appreciation for our efforts to protect you and stop criminals from victimizing your families every day out there. If you can't understand this than do not come back to this site until you know something about life. Better yet you come brave the job you like to say makes too much money.

05-27-2008, 05:09 AM
AMEN BROTHER!!!

05-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Nothing was given up. We clarified a few parts of the contract and gained a bit in somethings. We still have CM Grets-ASS and A/C He-BUTT hert. Rtroactive pay since October 2007 - but definitely less than we deserved.

05-28-2008, 02:30 AM
So what about retirement, will it be FRS for new people?

05-28-2008, 02:49 AM
So what about retirement, will it be FRS for new people?

No, that would have cost the city 261 million dollars up front (aka bankrupt). Nothing was lost in the contract. Unfortunately, not much was gained either.
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/po ... t_set.html (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/broward/blog/2008/05/lauderdale_police_contract_set.html)

05-28-2008, 08:34 PM
I think we should start looking into mergering with BSO. Less stress and complaints. I've already started asking people in my community to support it and write our leaders. :wink:

Are you kidding me??? Fort Lauderdale merge with us?? How about we merge with Fort Lauderdale atleast they got a 5,5... We can't even get that... You guys are hung like horses.. We have mices.......

05-28-2008, 09:17 PM
That is why I say to all of the unhappy FLPD officers.... Come to Boca with me. It is the best decision you will every make. See you guys real soon.