PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys hiring?

05-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Just had a couple of questions;

1. Are you hiring?

2. is the pay really that bad?

3. Other than alcohol and tobacco violations what else do you guys do?

4. What office is the best to work for in the state?

5. Is it worth leaving a pd for you guys?

let me know what you guys think?

thanks!

05-21-2008, 12:33 AM
1. We're usually hiring somewhere. Check:

http://peoplefirst.myflorida.com

2. Depends on your financial situation.

3. Prostitution, gambling and narcotics

4. Each office is as individual as a fingerprint, so it depends on you.

5. Sometimes, yes.

Good luck!

05-21-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey dude, if you are lucky enough to get hires you will have like ten badges to choose between to wear. What agency can say that have that many badges to wear. I have six so far for this agency. I am hoping for another bonus so I can buy another one soon. Me likey the badges!

05-22-2008, 01:49 AM
Hey dude, if you are lucky enough to get hires you will have like ten badges to choose between to wear. What agency can say that have that many badges to wear. I have six so far for this agency. I am hoping for another bonus so I can buy another one soon. Me likey the badges!

It must be sad to be you. The poster just wants to know about the job. If you don't like it leave and take your badge collection with you.

05-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Now here I was trying to offer encouragement and you have to go bash me. I love this freakin' place man! I get lots of shiney badges and get to have fun working. You sir are an ASSHOLE for being mean to me. I think you should have to give me your badge.

05-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Badgeman:

Boo hoo, sounds like you want your mommie. By the way, I have a badge for you, it's big enough that you can hide behind it. Might keep you safe from the boogie man.

05-25-2008, 08:11 AM
I tell ya what son, you take your badge and turn it side ways and shove it straight up your ass! You abt guys are all full of shit anyways! If you were worth a damn you would have got five percent with us. HAHAHAHA

05-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Let me see if I have this right -

A new tooper is a Law Enforcement Officer on the pay scale. A new ABT agent is a Law Enforcement Investigator II on the same scale. The trooper rank goes something like this -
Officer
Corporal = LEI I
Sergeant = LEI II

Since the patrol got 5% the gap is getting smaller right? Sounds like there is less and less of an advantage to ABT.
No schedule, no uniforms, take home car, off-duty, weekends and holidays off (mostly) is worth a great deal to me. Just an observation.

05-25-2008, 06:24 PM
I tell ya what son, you take your badge and turn it side ways and shove it straight up your ass! You abt guys are all full of shizzat anyways! If you were worth a darn you would have got five percent with us. HAHAHAHA

You're a strange duck Badgeman. First you display disrespect for an unknown fellow officer(s) by addressing them as "dude." You have no way of knowing anything about me but call me "son." That infers to me that you're an old fart. You brag about a 5% raise but fail to mention that most agencies start at several levels above that of yours so it may take you a few more pay raises to get to where we already are. Your "sideways" comment about my badge is uncouth (for morons like you that means inelegant) and you seem to have a fetish for badges, sideways or vertical none of which are intended to exist where the sun don't shine. If you were a learned person you would immediately know that I should have said "where the sun doesn't shine" by I'm sure that escapes your sense of importance. Most ABT agents that I've worked with consider LEO's of any stripe family and would try to be the first to respond to your need of assistance should the opportunity occur. Not enough of us (LEO's) out there to be fighting one another is the mindset that we embrace. All too often it has been uniformed officers who came to the Blood Bath Saloon to assist us when the tide turned against us or we were outnumbered and I don't ever recall an officer arriving to help asking me how much money I made. You got a 5% raise, good for you and your fellow officers. You all deserve that and even more for the job we do. As for your badge, I respect it along with any other that represents the oath we've all taken to uphold the law. In spite of your disrespect I'll still look forward to assisting a fellow officer if you should ever find yourself in a position where I could be of assistance.

05-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Question for Badgeman:

You disparage ABT but you visit our site captioned "are you guys hiring?"
Maybe you're a wannabe?

05-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Question for Badgeman:

You disparage ABT but you visit our site captioned "are you guys hiring?"
Maybe you're a wannabe?

No he is neverwas, wishedhecould, shouldhavebeen, etc....

05-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Since we don't have a [b]don't ask, don't tell[ policy he thinks he might be able to slip in.