PDA

View Full Version : Two Weeks Later

05-19-2008, 10:51 PM
OK. It’s two weeks later and there’s another Commission meeting tomorrow night and there is nothing about the merger on the agenda. There is a presentation about how the Commission makes decisions and I’m looking forward to that one! But I digress.

I’m urging the Commission to appoint Commission Vespo as the city’s representative in these talks. I think it’s critical that someone with a vested interest in the welfare of the residents be in the big chair at the table, someone who actually lives in Lake Worth - as opposed to our city manager who does not and will be out of a contract in July.

Early Sunday morning, the son of a local couple who are active in town and well-respected members of the business community was robbed at gunpoint at his front door in downtown Lake Worth. The criminal demanded money and forced the man to go to the nearest ATM and withdraw the maximum. Thankfully, the criminal just took his money and not his life. Money is replaceable but I’m not sure how he goes about restoring a sense of safety and security.

These are residents who do support the merger and they are going quite public with their insistence that the Commission bring these talks with the Sheriff to a swift and successful resolution. It was only a matter of time before one of our prominent citizens, or their immediate family, fell prey to this scum. Hopefully, their voice and influence will be more effective in getting Lake Worth the resources our police officers have needed for a long time.

The merger of LWPD with PBSO is good for the residents, good for the officers, good for business, good for the Sheriff and bad for criminals.

M.

05-20-2008, 12:22 AM
You go Mary!!!