PDA

View Full Version : ANSWER TO FHP SHORTAGES

05-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Do away with the 12 week crossover academy and you will have plenty of young Police Offices and Deputy Sheriff's applying. FHP is not required to go through any additional training to hire on with other agencies so why should we????????????????? Good Luck : )

05-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Do away with the 12 week crossover academy and you will have plenty of young Police Offices and Deputy Sheriff's applying. FHP is not required to go through any additional training to hire on with other agencies so why should we????????????????? Good Luck : )

FWC got rid of it's academy and still only had less than 30 qualified applicants.

05-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Looking at the last 2 transitional classes, they were less than 8 weeks.

05-20-2008, 01:59 PM

What planet are you from? Troopers are leaving in droves because of piss poor pay. Any deputy or city officer that comes here should not be able to pass the psych test. Unless your talking rural north florida where we may actually make more than SOME small depts. or SO's :roll:

05-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Pay aside, why would ANY current LEO want to go back to any academy, whether it be for 2 weeks or 16, to do the same job?

05-22-2008, 05:12 PM
YOUR RIGHT!!!! It's crazy to ask any LEO with yrs of exp to go through any additional training to join FHP.... Look at all the retired officers from other agencies with yrs of THI investigative exp that could be hired. Wake up Tallahassee before FHP is history.....

05-22-2008, 09:54 PM

What planet are you from? Troopers are leaving in droves because of piss poor pay. Any deputy or city officer that comes here should not be able to pass the psych test. Unless your talking rural north florida where we may actually make more than SOME small depts. or SO's :roll:

haha yup love the comment about psych test

05-27-2008, 05:33 AM

haha yup love the comment about psych test

Hey as a child I always wanted to be a trooper. At that age, you didnt think about the pay, training and supporting a family: all I could see was that brown hat and brown uniform. Now that fanasty has change. However, I'm a 15 year veteran with a local police force and doing well. I couldn't never understand why the troopers' admin set their standards so high with so little pay to starttheir troopers off with. In almost anything, they will disqualify an applicant, during the hiring process, for any innocous situations.. Hey, it takes a hell of person to be a state trooper. I'm always here to help a fellow trooper out, especially on the interstate. Since me a my big brother had the dream to become a trooper, he fullfilled his dream after completing 20-years in the military, and I took the alternate route and became patrol officer and later promoted to supervisor of narc. I think about my brother all the times; being the only trooper avail countywide. My hats goes out to you and your families..Man..Bros, be safe out there, and go home to your families at the end of your shifts.

05-27-2008, 09:44 AM
This is a serious question and not just to bash FHP....Why DO you guys have a seperate academy when all you basically do is traffic/accidents? What exactly does your academy teach you that the regular one doesn't? I understand that it probably is more in depth as far as traffic incidents/investigations go but is there anything else? :?:

05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
This is a serious question and not just to bash FHP....Why DO you guys have a seperate academy when all you basically do is traffic/accidents? What exactly does your academy teach you that the regular one doesn't? I understand that it probably is more in depth as far as traffic incidents/investigations go but is there anything else? :?:

TRADITION...TRADITION!

05-27-2008, 06:53 PM

TRADITION...TRADITION!

The tradition died when we gave up our Academy for that POS generic thing they call an academy.

05-27-2008, 10:14 PM

TRADITION...TRADITION!

The tradition died when we gave up our Academy for that POS generic thing they call an academy.

THAT BROTHER...WAS TRADITION! COL. HALL CAVING IN TO THE POLITICS OF TALLAHASSEE...HE DID'NT CARE NOR DID GHQ AS TO WHAT IT MEANT TO HAVE OUR"OWN" JAY HALL FHP ACADEMY. AND AS FAR AS THAT JERK WHO THEY NAMED IT AFTER...WELL ENOUGH SAID ABOUT THAT. THOSE JACKARS AT GHQ DO EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO DEMORALIZE THE TROOPER, FOR THEIR OWN SELF IMAGE.

REALY PISS YA OFF.

05-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Actually It's not! We learn the same basic stuff you guys do. Troopers do take a Radar Course, Laser Course, Intoxilizer Course and others that's what makes it longer.

05-30-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm retired from a city PD and would love to come to work for FHP, do you take old, overweight, partially deaf guys with high blood pressure?
I did THI work for 22 years and I can spell. I can read too, as long as the print is bigger than whats on the UTC's.

05-30-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm retired from a city PD and would love to come to work for FHP, do you take old, overweight, partially deaf guys with high blood pressure?
I did THI work for 22 years and I can spell. I can read too, as long as the print is bigger than whats on the UTC's.

PERFECT! You're Hired!!!

Trp G Guy
05-30-2008, 11:14 PM

They teach you that you are the best! That other agencies are second rate and they give you directions to the bus station if you dis-agree! Remember, at the academy level FHP is the best of all. They arejust trying to instill pride. However, pride don't spend at Publix.

05-30-2008, 11:36 PM
STOP THE PRESSES!!!! I have THE answer....

How about a salary plan that includes a raise every year, without going to the Legislature and begging them for a pay raise!!!!! Wait a minute, Trooper Rufa and several troopers had that all worked out and it got crushed by the Legislature.

GHQ's attitude... We'll worry about that, now get back to work Trooper!!!

05-31-2008, 12:47 AM

They teach you that you are the best! That other agencies are second rate and they give you directions to the bus station if you dis-agree! Remember, at the academy level FHP is the best of all. They arejust trying to instill pride. However, pride don't spend at Publix.

We used to have the best academy around. No longer though, the new buildings suck and the current staff is nothing like it used to be and not in a good way.

05-31-2008, 02:08 AM

We used to have the best academy around. No longer though, the new buildings suck and the current staff is nothing like it used to be and not in a good way.

It's kind of like changes in nature. One little change here or there and it screws up or destroys alot of other things in the eco-system. Same with FHP in giving up their academy. Tradition and a feeling of pride went out the window. No longer can a trooper take his kids or grand kids to the FHP Academy and say this is where dad or grand dad got started in police work. Pride and feelings of brotherhood amoungst troopers is gone forever. Older troopers have their memories but that's all they have. The newer troopers have nothing but just another low paying job.

05-31-2008, 01:56 PM
AMEN! THE GENERATION I NEED AND WANT IS AMONG US!

05-31-2008, 03:06 PM
AMEN! THE GENERATION I NEED AND WANT IS AMONG US!

You're not kidding! The "what can you do for me" attitude is killing me.